Tedy Bruschi taken to mass General

There was just a mention of it during the Celtics game. More info coming at halftime in about 2 minutes.

The team released a statement saying that he was hospitalized due to headaches and will be kept there for further observation but it is said that he'll be just fine.

Fox sports just reported that it is true and the reason is due to "headaches".

They couldn't provide more info, but that is a little disturbing because you wonder if he is suffering post-concussion syndrome or something worse.

Bruschi has been healthy for the vast majority of his 9 year career here.

Let's hope for the best for the man.

If they brought him in because of headaches, how do they know already he will be fine. BB never tells us anything. The hospital can't have done all the head testing and blood testing yet. I am not convinced yet. But thank you for your time.

Err, I just relayed what was said. FoxSports reported that the statement said he'd be fine.

That's not a personal diagnosis.

Okay Hawg, that is much better information, but very bad news. This could be serious and I can't go on a statement from the team stated by Khross. When has a statement from the team ever told us the truth. I am worried about this. What if there is brain swelling. Okay, I'm getting way to ahead of myself here but I do still feel this is serious.

just heard it

I just heard it from gary tagway on new england sports show on channel 27 here.. brewski was suffering from headaches and is in the hospital...I hope all is well with brushciiiii... but yes it is true

Khross said:
The team released a statement saying that he was hospitalized due to headaches and will be kept there for further observation but it is said that he'll be just fine.

Let's be clear that there was nothing said about concussions or anything of that ilk on FoxSports. We shouldn't go jumping to conclusions or worst case scenarios off the bat.

Patriots statement:
"After suffering from headaches earlier today, Tedy Bruschi was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He is in good condition and will be held for further evaluations. The Bruschi family appreciates everyone's concern, but requests that you respect their privacy at this time."

The Bruschi family appreciates everyone's concern, but requests that you respect their privacy at this time."

Now that statement right there, leads me to believe there is more going on that has been stated. The family never asks to have thier privacy respected if they are not going through a stressful time.

It can't be anthing concussion related, can it? He just played in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. There were no injuries.

Perhaps he's just got a bad flu or something to that affect. After all, there are some horribly nasty flu bugs floating around down here in Texas, which are closing some school districts. I can't imagine what might be floating around up there.

NHPatsFanatic said:
Now that statement right there, leads me to believe there is more going on that has been stated. The family never asks to have thier privacy respected if they are not going through a stressful time.

What? Of course they would ask for privacy. He's a celebrity. They simply don't want hordes of fans sending tons of junk and bothering them in a misguided attempt at showing support. That's perfectly normal and not at all indicative of his health status.

pookie said:
It can't be anthing concussion related, can it? He just played in the Pro Bowl on Sunday. There were no injuries.

Sure it could, but I am stressing the word COULD.

Anyone that ever played football knows that there are dozens of bell-ringing collisions in every game.

Not every one results in an official "conscussion" but bear in mind that any time you get a solid whack on the helmet that the brain is "concussed" to some degree or another-- most totally harmless.

You learn to shake it off or you won't play football, never mind at Tedy's level.

I'm not trying to sitr up trouble or controversy, but IMO there is a reasonable chance that his headaches COULD be related to football and repeated blows to his head, but I don't know. None of us do.

For all I know he needs glasses. Maybe we'll see him wearing retro horn rims on the field next year.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back