The ALWAYS hilarious Marino playoff stats...

pats-blue

Reaction score
Cold, Hard Football Facts: Want to know the real reason why Marino never won a Super Bowl? Sadly, the answer sits with Dan Marino himself.

Simply put, Marino did not elevate his game in the playoffs. In fact, his played dropped off quite noticeably. Marino has a career regular season passer rating of 86.4. His postseason passer rating was just 77.1. He played in 18 playoff games, and won just eight of them.

In his one Super Bowl appearance (a 38-16 loss to the 49ers in Super Bowl XIX), Marino completed 29 of 50 passes for 318 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. It adds up to a weak 66.9 passer rating. One wonders what might have happened had his two Super Bowl drives that ended in interceptions ended in touchdowns instead.

Remember that 1998 Miami team that had the best defense in football? It made the playoffs, but Marino failed to hold up his end of the bargain. The season ended in the second round of the playoffs, with Marino coughing up two interceptions against Denver and posting a passer rating of just 65.5. Yet another opportunity for Marino to win a Super Bowl tossed into the hands of an opposing defender.

In fact, Marino threw at least one interception in 13 of his 18 career playoff games. He threw two or more interceptions 10 times. The Dolphins went just 1-9 in those 10 Marino multi-interception playoff games.

So, DollFans, if you're looking for a reason why Miami never won a Super Bowl in the 1980s or 90s, look no further than the faded Dan Marino poster still taped to the ceiling over your bed.

It never gets old I tell ya.....!!!:jester:

I just don't know how anyone can consider Marino one of the best when his post-season play was so bad. Big time players shine in big time games.

Funny how D22 ignores this thread. Wonder why?

I just read it & trying to finish my 1st cup of coffe...OH and I am on waiting on hold to tell you & Dale & Holly just why sportsnation hates the patriots

I just don't know how anyone can consider Marino one of the best when his post-season play was so bad. Big time players shine in big time games.

Cleat have you questioned Tom Bradys pathetic post season performances as well as you define Marino's as a QB from his poor play in post season ,

and I suppose you Cleat just like the rest of sports media along with the so-called "Experts" have you or any NFL fan take into consideration the just as important regular season "Big" games that actually put you into the playoffs ?? ....I didn't think so...

As far as The great Tom Brady that everyone has the nerve to say is actually possibly the best Alltime when there are many.. many... many... other QB;s that have a ton more talent and not only have made this game what it is, they changed this game & are the makers of the NFL...todays players just mimic what they have seen over the years...

Now Cleat...I know you'll take this unbiased, fair QB ranking formular i posted below with more professionalism than a PatsRus or a midgar...this formular adjusts everything from decade to decade and based honestly with "NO" favortism what QB's bring to their offense and the team...its even credits postseason success & failure ...

Now of course Im not going to say Steve Mcnair is a better QB than Tom Brady...but I respect the fact how he sacrificed his body for his offense to gain 1st downs and score TDs as an extra weapon...and this formular justfully credits him for that.. 0f course there are flaws in this ...but its the best sincere thought out argument i have ever seen ... 1-4 gms in a career does not define a QB's legacy as you & understandably the NFL want to promote...

And I don't want to hear anyones bullshit about..."OH" wow !!! ///armchair.com\.. what the fvck do they know about football...I'll tell you before you post those questions...alot more than your than your (Cleat not included) biased bullshit wet pantied oppinion

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/index.p...t_Quarterbacks_of_the_Modern_Era,_Version_1.0

Cleat have you questioned Tom Bradys pathetic post season performances as well as you define Marino's as a QB from his poor play in post season ,

and I suppose you Cleat just like the rest of sports media along with the so-called "Experts" have you or any NFL fan take into consideration the just as important regular season "Big" games that actually put you into the playoffs ?? ....I didn't think so...

As far as The great Tom Brady that everyone has the nerve to say is actually possibly the best Alltime when there are many.. many... many... other QB;s that have a ton more talent and not only have made this game what it is, they changed this game & are the makers of the NFL...todays players just mimic what they have seen over the years...

Now Cleat...I know you'll take this unbiased, fair QB ranking formular i posted below with more professionalism than a PatsRus or a midgar...this formular adjusts everything from decade to decade and based honestly with "NO" favortism what QB's bring to their offense and the team...its even credits postseason success & failure ...

Now of course Im not going to say Steve Mcnair is a better QB than Tom Brady...but I respect the fact how he sacrificed his body for his offense to gain 1st downs and score TDs as an extra weapon...and this formular justfully credits him for that.. 0f course there are flaws in this ...but its the best sincere thought out argument i have ever seen ... 1-4 gms in a career does not define a QB's legacy as you & understandably the NFL want to promote...

And I don't want to hear anyones bullshit about..."OH" wow !!! ///armchair.com\.. what the fvck do they know about football...I'll tell you before you post those questions...alot more than your than your (Cleat not included) biased bullshit wet pantied oppinion

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/index.p...t_Quarterbacks_of_the_Modern_Era,_Version_1.0

You've posted this before and it's not unbiased.

I just read it & trying to finish my 1st cup of coffe...OH and I am on waiting on hold to tell you & Dale & Holly just why sportsnation hates the patriots

can you imagine...Damn Dale & Holly gave Peter King my spot...Ill email or try again after King

You've posted this before and it's not unbiased.

how can you say that with everything adjusted...even strength of OL's etc...he pretty much takes everything into consideration

how can you say that with everything adjusted...even strength of OL's etc...he pretty much takes everything into consideration

sacks were not included, which ultimately served to overrate rushing QBs (or does anyone really think Michael Vick was the 4th-best quarterback in football last year?).

Yeah his "system" was so "accurate" it made Michael Vick the 4th best QB! So to Skew it and "drop" MV he added his OWN rating to SACKS...since Marino is the 2nd leading LEAST sacked QB in NFL history he shoots up the charts and since besides what you claim..Brady's line many times resembles a turnstile he drops.

Gee why don't you post another article on how the Pats are only ranked 5th in "dynasties".....of course it is only referring to the Pats up to 2004! The funny thing is you tout this drivel like it is something great and then when it is pointed out that you just posted an article from 2004 or the idiot you are quoting as an expert had MV as the 4th best QB until he adjusted his system with sacks.....so SACKS which are at least 70% strickley on the O-line and only about 30% the QB in most cases gets so much emphasis so he can drop MV so he doesn't look like a fool....freaking KEN ANDERSON is #7 OF ALL TIME...and NOT in the HOF. Yep..super accurate system there..:rolleyes:

cleat when you judge Marino arguably the "Most Wanted" QB in history because of his success winning ...thas right "W"S" and his insanely threatening arm & accuracy all over the field. How do you explain this to defend your comment that "Big Players Shine in Big Games" ?

Do we just disregard Bradys pathetic performances when big games are on the line & praise his 3 or 4 clutch 35-40 yd last minute drives under zone prevent defenses to get the FG kicker in range... It's truly not that defineing or impressive...I don't even like or enjoy or understand for that matter seeing Montanna, Elway or Marino's drives when everyone is open & a 3 man rush...never could understand that scheme w/ gm on line

2001 - Oak - 0 td - 1 int
2001 - Pitt - 0 td - 0 int (115 yd)
2001 - StL - 1 td - 0 int (140 yd- 3 post seas gms w/1 td-1 int) Thats "Big"

2002 - Ten - 0 td- 1 int (134 yd-wk#14 lost 2 of last 3 reg seas
2002 -Jets - 1 td - 1 int (133 yd-wk#15 lost & missed post season

2005 - Den - 1 td - 2 int (99 yd int return 0 14 pt differential loss

2006 - SD - 2 td - 3 int ( Big players do what in big games?
2006 - Indy- 1 td -1 int (Big QB's under pressure lose 21-6 half lead?

2007 - SD - 2 td - 3 int (Big QB's throw how many Ints in clutch gms?
2007 - NYG - 1 td - 1 int

3 probowl OL, #1 Alltime scoreing Offense & historical 18-0 going in for the grestest undefeated season in all history...and tom Brady with all those tools could "ONLY" put 7 pts on the board the first 55 min. againmst a defense that gives up an average 21 PPG

"Stop with all the bullshit"...Brady is a great QB....but chokes and performs under pressure just as bad and even qworst than many...

cleat when you judge Marino arguably the "Most Wanted" QB in history because of his success winning ...thas right "W"S" and his insanely threatening arm & accuracy all over the field. How do you explain this to defend your comment that "Big Players Shine in Big Games" ?

Do we just disregard Bradys pathetic performances when big games are on the line & praise his 3 or 4 clutch 35-40 yd last minute drives under zone prevent defenses to get the FG kicker in range... It's truly not that defineing or impressive...I don't even like or enjoy or understand for that matter seeing Montanna, Elway or Marino's drives when everyone is open & a 3 man rush...never could understand that scheme w/ gm on line

2001 - Oak - 0 td - 1 int
2001 - Pitt - 0 td - 0 int (115 yd)
2001 - StL - 1 td - 0 int (140 yd- 3 post seas gms w/1 td-1 int) Thats "Big"

2006 - SD - 2 td - 3 int ( Big players do what in big games?
2006 - Indy- 1 td -1 int (Big QB's under pressure lose 21-6 half lead?

2007 - SD - 2 td - 3 int (Big QB's throw how many Ints in clutch gms?
2007 - NYG - 1 td - 1 int

3 probowl OL, #1 Alltime scoreing Offense & historical 18-0 going in for the grestest undefeated season in all history...and tom Brady with all those tools could "ONLY" put 7 pts on the board the first 55 min. againmst a defense that gives up an average 21 PPG

"Stop with all the bullshit"...Brady is a great QB....but chokes and performs under pressure just as bad and even qworst than many...

I dont count those 3 games in 2001 because that was his rookie year. Not bad to have 7 bad games in 7 years.

Yeah his "system" was so "accurate" it made Michael Vick the 4th best QB! So to Skew it and "drop" MV he added his OWN rating to SACKS...since Marino is the 2nd leading LEAST sacked QB in NFL history he shoots up the charts and since besides what you claim..Brady's line many times resembles a turnstile he drops.

Gee why don't you post another article on how the Pats are only ranked 5th in "dynasties".....of course it is only referring to the Pats up to 2004! The funny thing is you tout this drivel like it is something great and then when it is pointed out that you just posted an article from 2004 or the idiot you are quoting as an expert had MV as the 4th best QB until he adjusted his system with sacks.....so SACKS which are at least 70% strickley on the O-line and only about 30% the QB in most cases gets so much emphasis so he can drop MV so he doesn't look like a fool....freaking KEN ANDERSON is #7 OF ALL TIME...and NOT in the HOF. Yep..super accurate system there..:rolleyes:

Yes he had some great OL's no doubt...The "main" reason Marino wasn't sacked alot & he was well noticed for .... is his quick release to avoid sacks & still complete passes..go ask Bruce Smith the Alltime sack leader about that who played against Marino 2 -3 times every yr.

Not to mention...this guys formular adjust for OL weakness too...he covers alot to make this formular fair...you all just want to define a QB's whole legacy by 1 single game...are youi telling me the differance between marino having 1 ring from 1 of 250 gms is the differance ?

2001 against Oakland- Brady didn't THROW a TD, but he DID rush for a score in the 4th quarter before leading the two FG drives that tied and then won the game. The next week against the Steelers, Lee Flowers hit him below the knees for the second time in the first half and knocked him out of the game. 2006 Charger game- you're good at bringing up the 3 picks, but you conveniently forget the flawless sideline bomb he threw to Reche Caldwell that set up the game-winning kick. And the Super Bowl against the Giants? been beaten to death (like every single one of your anti-Brady arguments)

2001 against Oakland- Brady didn't THROW a TD, but he DID rush for a score in the 4th quarter before leading the two FG drives that tied and then won the game. The next week against the Steelers, Lee Flowers hit him below the knees for the second time in the first half and knocked him out of the game. 2006 Charger game- you're good at bringing up the 3 picks, but you conveniently forget the flawless sideline bomb he threw to Reche Caldwell that set up the game-winning kick. And the Super Bowl against the Giants? been beaten to death (like every single one of your anti-Brady arguments)

OK...your absolutely right Im sold...Brady never choked when the game was on the line, and he is the greatest QB to ever put a uniform on and Joe Montanna should be greatful that the sports media compares tom Brady to "HIM"

Adjusted by what metrics? He makes them up. That right there tells you it's biased. Ever take Statistics?

WIN2001 - Oak - 0 td - 1 int
WIN2001 - Pitt - 0 td - 0 int (115 yd)
WIN2001 - StL - 1 td - 0 int (140 yd- 3 post seas gms w/1 td-1 int) Thats "Big"

You missed the last one...WIN Miami.....and it was revealed that Brady had a sports hernia and if they had made the playoffs he wouldn't have been able to play...but don't let facts get in the way

WIN2006 - SD - 2 td - 3 int ( Big players do what in big games?WHY THEY WIN DUM DUM...LIKE BRADY DID HERE
2006 - Indy- 1 td -1 int (Big QB's under pressure lose 21-6 half lead?HHHMMM....exactly when did Brady start playing D?

WIN2007 - SD - 2 td - 3 int (Big QB's throw how many Ints in clutch gms?<-HAHAHAHHAHA...did you just say that?????
2007 - NYG - 1 td - 1 int NICE TRY JACK A.....BRADY DID NOT THROW AN INT in the Super Bowl..caught LYING AGAIN!
8 gms Brady 8 tds - 12 ints - just post season...4 of 7 seasons + 2002 Yes and Brady's record in those games....5 WINS 3 losses for a .625 win percentage....OH and before I forget...the other NINE playoff games of Brady's career you are not mentioning? 9WINs ZERO LOSSES!

BUT.......NOT EVEN CLOSE TO MARINO!!!

Lets take a few games from Marinos career in d22 fashion...EXCEPT...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES IS A LOSS! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE LOSSES WAS IN THE PLAYOFFS.....

84 SF 1td - 2INT...66 Rating LOSS

85 Pats 2td - 2INT LOSS

92 Buff 1td - 2INT LOSS

95 Buff 2td - 3INT LOSS

97 Pats 0td - 2INT LOSS

98 Denver 0td -2INT LOSS

99 Jac 1td -2INT LOSS.....wait for it! 62-7!!!!!!

Marino's total's in these 7 BIG games???

7TD - 18 INT SEVEN LOSSES...dum dum that is a .000 Win percentage.

Really this quote needs to be repeated....
d22 - "Big QB's throw how many Ints in clutch gms?
....not sure....ask Dan since he is 8-10 in the playoffs and 1-9 in MULTIPLE INT games in the playoffs......

Marino 8-10

Brady 14-3

BIGGEST FAIL EVER........:coffee:

Back