The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Video

Peachhead

Bite me!
Reaction score
You can see this show on Amazon video for free if you have Amazon Prime. I watch it on the computer. But I'm sure you can watch it on TV with an Amazon Firestick or maybe a smart TV.

I'm only 5 or 6 episodes into the 1st season right now. There are 2 seasons so far. I'm really loving it. It's an alternative history set in 1962. And the allies lost WW 2. The Nazis occupy from the east coast of the US to the western edge of the great plains. The Japanese occupy the west coast to the western edge of the Rockies. And in the middle is a lawless area called the buffer zone. And the show basically follows the resistance, mainly two characters, One in San Fran and one (who bounces between resistance and loyalty to the Nazis in NYC. It's a very "1984-ish" world. The movie moreso than the book. With surveillance everywhere and one of the major themes is you can't really trust anyone in this show.

Check it out. I hear season 2 is even better. But I'm really liking season 1 right now.

Some of the references are great. One of the characters mentions that he was there when they stormed Virginia Beach.

When I get moar time, I'm planning on binge watching.

I liked it until I realized it's not just alternate history but science fiction. It's one thing to contemplate what if the United States lost world war 2 but quite another to imagine that magic movies can predict the future.

On my list to binge.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I liked it until I realized it's not just alternate history but science fiction. It's one thing to contemplate what if the United States lost world war 2 but quite another to imagine that magic movies can predict the future.

Oof, I haven't gotten that far. I like the intrigue and some of the moral dilemmas but I was getting a little annoyed with the plot holes surrounding the films going "back" to TMitHC though. I suspect when in turns too science fiction-y it will probably get a little too hokey for me.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It's based on a book by Phillip K. Dick (a scifi writer).

It's weirder than that, sort of. It's more like mysterious newsreel films exist from our timeline, and somehow have migrated into the show's timeline.

I guess part of the background is this weird idea that our actual history is the one that was "supposed" to happen (maybe?), and the series of events in the show where the Axis won is somehow a "mistake" of some sort. if that makes any sense..

It's pretty weird, but from what I know about it, I like it.

I really enjoy the show. The movies aren't magical but like OJ said it's more like the show is a parallel universe and somehow items & people (like the movies) have crossed over.

Season 2 goes into this much deeper. I'm a sci-fi junky so this show is right up my alley.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It's based on a book by Phillip K. Dick (a scifi writer).

Whom wrote the book that the Bladerunner movie was based upon.

Haven't watched yet, but from what I am reading, that doesn't sound "magical" at all. Just uses theory of the multiverse. Not magic at all, just fiction based on science.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back