The official "Stats are for losers" 2012 Patriots thread

Mr. Happy Sock

I bring absolutely nothing to the table
Reaction score
Combined %'s of Patriots opponents this year-

Combined W-L record of Overall opponents thus far- 77-55-1 (58%)

Combined W-L record of opponents they beat- 56-47-1 (54%)

Combined W-L record of opponents they have lost to- 21-18 (53%)

Combined W-L record of remaining opponents- 16-22-1 (41%)

Combined W-L record of all opponents on schedule 93-77-2 (54%)

Patriots have scored 472 points thus far, and their opponents have scored 274. The average score of a Patriots game this year has been 36.3-21.1 (Obviously in favor of the Pats)...The patriots are on pace to score 581 points this year which will put them JUST SHY of 2007's All-Time record of 589

What do these Numbers mean? I have no idea........I'll let one of you wicked smaht people tell me...One thing that stands out to me is the combined W-L record of combined opponents for the year. I know the Pats were supposed to have one of the softest schedules this year (Around 44% IIRC), but a 54% W-L record is pretty decent, and the fact that the pats have beat up on most of their opponents

Combined W-L record of Overall opponents- 77-55-1 (58%)

Patriots have scored 472 points thus far, and their opponents have scored 274. The average score of a Patriots game this year has been 36.3-21.1 (Obviously in favor of the Pats)...The patriots are on pace to score 581 points this year which will put them JUST SHY of 2007's All-Time record of 589

What do these Numbers mean? I have no idea........I'll let one of you wicked smaht people tell me...One thing that stands out to me is the combined W-L record of combined opponents for the year. I know the Pats were supposed to have one of the softest schedules this year (Around 44% IIRC), but a 54% W-L record is pretty decent, and the fact that the pats have beat up on most of their opponents

But what about that easy schedule?

Combined W-L record of Overall opponents thus far- 77-55-1 (58%)

I think you made an addition error in the first stat.

It doesn't make sense that the W-L record of all opponents is 4% points higher than the W-L record of those they've beat and 5% points higher than those they've lost to.

If I add the records you list for the teams they beat to those they lost to I get 77-65-1 (53.8%)

Back