The Players Tribune - Von Miller's 5 Toughest

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
The Player Tribune is almost always an awesome read. While it covers all major sports, I think there is enough football.

This article was written by Von Miller. Most stuff written for this site is very self depreciating and enlightening. Von takes a more ego driven route to his top 5 IMO but it is still good reading. The hockey stories are the best.

https://goo.gl/cVl7gh

Listen, don’t be scrolling down right now. I need to give you guys some perspective before I drop a top five list on you. Don’t just skip down the page to see who I picked. Not yet. We’re gonna do a deep dive here so you can understand my position better.

My man Chris Harris Jr. had a great line when he did his 5 Toughest Receivers list. He said, “At least 80% of interceptions start in bed, or in a recliner.”

Chris was talking about how many hours of film study go into making a pick. That’s definitely true when it comes to the secondary, but for me as a linebacker, the game is a little bit different. There’s still a big mental aspect to pass rushing, but my position is more about attacking than reacting. Most of my sacks come from winning that tiny fraction of a second after the ball is snapped. If I don’t anticipate the snap count and get an explosive first step, I don’t really have a chance. The thing is, I don’t get many true one-on-ones with an offensive lineman anymore. I typically get a double team, or even a triple team, with a “chipper” at the line of scrimmage.......

The rest, including his top 5 toughest can be read at the link above.

Toughest Offensive Tackle: Trent Williams
Toughest Quarterback: Tom Brady
Toughest Running Back: Chris Ivory
Toughest Tight End: Rob
Toughest Head Coach: Bill Belichick

Back