The Strip Steak

My wife and I once went to a place called the Conesus Inn in upstate NY with a couple for a nice meal and the husband is so cheap that he squeaked.

Anyhow, they had a prime rib on the menu called the "Farmer Truman" cut named after a local big eater. If you could finish the whole thing in an hour it was free and despite weighing about a buck fifty the guy's frugal nature convinced him it was a good idea to take the challenge.

So, this massive slab of beef gets delivered to the table and it was as thick as his knife blade. Cheapo Bill digs in and after about 45 minutes he is turning white and sweating, but he keeps gorging himself and triumphantly finishes the last bite and gets it taken off the check. As we're leaving I whispered to my wife "watch....this is going to get ugly fast".

Of course, we had to pull over just down the street for him to stagger into the bushes and vomit violently and I had to turn the radio up so he wouldn't hear us all, including his wife (now ex) laughing at what a dumbass he was.

I like beef, but I can't handle more than 10 ounces or so at a sitting. That slab that he choked down was supposed to weigh 3 1/2 pounds.

The meat sweats! lol

That rib eye I had was about a 12oz cut and the added butter made it feel like it was a 2 lb'er!

Used to be a pilgrimage to go down to The Hilltop for one the first dates back when I was still dating that is... Loved that place. Not a lot of good steakhouses in Maine unfortunately.

My wife and I once went to a place called the Conesus Inn in upstate NY with a couple for a nice meal and the husband is so cheap that he squeaked.

Anyhow, they had a prime rib on the menu called the "Farmer Truman" cut named after a local big eater. If you could finish the whole thing in an hour it was free and despite weighing about a buck fifty the guy's frugal nature convinced him it was a good idea to take the challenge.

So, this massive slab of beef gets delivered to the table and it was as thick as his knife blade. Cheapo Bill digs in and after about 45 minutes he is turning white and sweating, but he keeps gorging himself and triumphantly finishes the last bite and gets it taken off the check. As we're leaving I whispered to my wife "watch....this is going to get ugly fast".

Of course, we had to pull over just down the street for him to stagger into the bushes and vomit violently and I had to turn the radio up so he wouldn't hear us all, including his wife (now ex) laughing at what a dumbass he was.

I like beef, but I can't handle more than 10 ounces or so at a sitting. That slab that he choked down was supposed to weigh 3 1/2 pounds.

Ugh! ROFL

There was a restaurant on Rt. 9 in Framingham called Duca's back in the late '70's and '80's that had a King Cut Prime Rib that weighed 2.5 lbs. It was so big it would flop over the huge plate it was served on. I could eat half of it. I can't imagine eating 3.5 lbs of beef in one sitting.

I'm a big fan of the Porterhouse. Medium. And keep the A1 sauce the eff away from my table!

24-oz-prime-angus-porterhouse-single-pack_3310411.jpg

Back