The value of Vereen

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
I am a Vereen fan and last night illustrated why. He doesn't get much national attention but it would be foolish to overlook his value on the field.

Last night showed his strength when compared to the opposition, Boom Herron. Compare Vereen's excellent catch down the sideline to Herron's multiple drops on what should have been easy catches.

Granted, he is not Marshawn Lynch running the ball, but he is not unwilling and also provides some good blocking when he stays in.

He also epitomizes the Patriot's way. He doesn't complain or talk trash, he just does his job whenever asked. He is not alone with this attitude but he serves as an excellent example of how to be a team player and contribute when called upon.

He is certainly up there as one of my favorite players and I think he deserves more credit for what he does.

I am a Vereen fan and last night illustrated why. He doesn't get much national attention but it would be foolish to overlook his value on the field.

Last night showed his strength when compared to the opposition, Boom Herron. Compare Vereen's excellent catch down the sideline to Herron's multiple drops on what should have been easy catches.

Granted, he is not Marshawn Lynch running the ball, but he is not unwilling and also provides some good blocking when he stays in.

He also epitomizes the Patriot's way. He doesn't complain or talk trash, he just does his job whenever asked. He is not alone with this attitude but he serves as an excellent example of how to be a team player and contribute when called upon.

He is certainly up there as one of my favorite players and I think he deserves more credit for what he does.

Vereen made a heck of a catch yesterday. I wouldn't mind a healthy dose of Shane Vereen in the SB in two weeks. He adds a sense of uncertainty to the defense. Will he run it? Will he stay in and block for Brady? Will he go out in the flat for a screen? Will he shift from one end of the line to the other? Will he go deep? What scrub will have to cover him? Between him and Edelman, you just don't know what play the Patriots are going to call. And when you have him, Gronk, Edelman, LeFell, who will be left open, and ready to run 20-30 yds upfield? Shane Vereen. He's a gem.

Vereen has done a great job. As the 3rd down back. Is are fastest & best pass catching RB. He is a matchup problem out of the backfield & spit out wide. I could see them using him more on wheel routes & screens. That secondary is the biggest strengths of Seattle defense.

Back