The XFL

O.Z.O.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas...
Reaction score
Anybody catch any of the games this weekend? I watched both yesterday, really good quality of football for the most part. Love the KO rule, not a big fan of the punt rule. Also love the 4th and 15 option over an onside kick (is that a college rule? Don't watch much college football). Also love the extra point set up.

LOT of familiar NFL names playing in the league (the St. Louis- San Antonio rosters had a combined 400+ games of NFL experience). Defenders looked great in the second half last night, held what's believed to be the league's best offense to a FG.

The only thing I'm not happy about is that the Defenders banned the Cup Snake - #freethesnake - The fans were throwing lemons on the field

View: https://youtu.be/8ezrREYPymc

Anybody catch any of the games this weekend? I watched both yesterday, really good quality of football for the most part. Love the KO rule, not a big fan of the punt rule. Also love the 4th and 15 option over an onside kick (is that a college rule? Don't watch much college football). Also love the extra point set up.

LOT of familiar NFL names playing in the league (the St. Louis- San Antonio rosters had a combined 400+ games of NFL experience). Defenders looked great in the second half last night, held what's believed to be the league's best offense to a FG.

The only thing I'm not happy about is that the Defenders banned the Cup Snake - #freethesnake - The fans were throwing lemons on the field

View: https://youtu.be/8ezrREYPymc

saw most of last nights game DC vs. Seattle. I enjoyed it. most of their diff rules are a fun change of pace. I think the 4 and 15 vs. onside kick was something that has been kicked around and may have been tried in one of the other short-lived leagues

didn't the XFL - this time - say the want to work with the NFL as a farm league and test bed for rules changes? I thought they were being "cooperative" this time vs. the original XFL that tried to play up they were real football vs. nfl or something like that.

I will tune in when I see there's a game on and give it a real chance

The kickoff seems like a really good idea but it's still early. I will be curious to see what the return averages look like after they get a few weeks into the season.

saw most of last nights game DC vs. Seattle. I enjoyed it. most of their diff rules are a fun change of pace. I think the 4 and 15 vs. onside kick was something that has been kicked around and may have been tried in one of the other short-lived leagues

didn't the XFL - this time - say the want to work with the NFL as a farm league and test bed for rules changes? I thought they were being "cooperative" this time vs. the original XFL that tried to play up they were real football vs. nfl or something like that.

I will tune in when I see there's a game on and give it a real chance
Yeah, the intent seems to be for it to almost function as a AAA affiliate to the NFL.

Covid was what killed it last time around. The games were good, they were drawing fans. DC in particular has an insane fan base because they're surrounded by a ton of colleges and universities which means the games are packed with drunk college students

The kickoff seems like a really good idea but it's still early. I will be curious to see what the return averages look like after they get a few weeks into the season.
I watched both games yesterday, no crazy returns but a couple fairly decent ones.

Yeah, the intent seems to be for it to almost function as a AAA affiliate to the NFL.

Covid was what killed it last time around. The games were good, they were drawing fans. DC in particular has an insane fan base because they're surrounded by a ton of colleges and universities which means the games are packed with drunk college students
that crowd was lit!

Back