Things to learn from today

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
I cant say I was shocked by the game today,but it was the my worst nightmare come to life.I was saying to my favorite football expert yesterday that a loss would'nt be the end of the world as long as it was'nt a blow out,a reversal of what we did to them last year.It was,and worse.So what did we learn,I have a few thoughts.

1 ) Buffalo is not the team we beat last season.For that expected it to be so,it was arrogance or blind sighted.Buffalo has improved and will be a team that will actually be a competitor this season.Its O.K. though,we can take of them like the other competitors.

2) One game is not a season make,we stumbled but its only trhe first game and does'nt mean we are in a death spasm.

3) I believe that the Milloy situation was a distraction but keep in mind that with Milloy and the others that have departed (Pass,Ward,T-buck) ,we are'nt as strong as we once were.

4)BRADY- :shake: .I know you all expect yet another critical comment where I burn Tommy boy down,but it aint happening here.Tommy had a bad game,guess what ?.He is human after all !.
But I do expect that after a short while,he will be back to his usually level of game play.This game is obviously his worst performace to date and it may take a game or two for him to get that sour taste out of his mouth but,he either will in short fashion
or it will be bad news come quick to Patriot Nation.

5) THE BIGGIE !. Bill Billichick is'nt alone in this ,the heat comes upon all the head office.YOU GUYS BLEW IT !.I dont think keeping
Milloy is the key here but the way the whole thing came down was.You dont sit back and think that you have control of a situation only to find out you dont.They should have had this deal
done long before TC.They should also know that $ is not what players deal with and that by letting Miloy go,it may have cost them alot more than the $700,000. that seperated keeping Milloy here.

6) We are still one of the top teams in the NFL and players better
start remembering that and not drown in the pity pit that will put
them right where they are now.

P.S. Bledsoe showed today why he cant be dismissed as slow and pokey.Yes,he needs time in the pocket but if he gets it,then
he is lethal.

Prometheus441 said:
I cant say I was shocked by the game today,but it was the my worst nightmare come to life.I was saying to my favorite football expert yesterday that a loss would'nt be the end of the world as long as it was'nt a blow out,a reversal of what we did to them last year.It was,and worse.So what did we learn,I have a few thoughts...

4)BRADY- :shake: .I know you all expect yet another critical comment where I burn Tommy boy down,but it aint happening here.Tommy had a bad game,guess what ?.He is human after all !.
But I do expect that after a short while,he will be back to his usually level of game play.This game is obviously his worst performace to date and it may take a game or two for him to get that sour taste out of his mouth but,he either will in short fashion
or it will be bad news come quick to Patriot Nation.

5) THE BIGGIE !. Bill Billichick is'nt alone in this ,the heat comes upon all the head office.YOU GUYS BLEW IT !.I dont think keeping
Milloy is the key here but the way the whole thing came down was.You dont sit back and think that you have control of a situation only to find out you dont.They should have had this deal
done long before TC.They should also know that $ is not what players deal with and that by letting Miloy go,it may have cost them alot more than the $700,000. that seperated keeping Milloy here.

Wow, Pro--
I am REALLY surprised that you aren't ripping on my Tom "Cutie-Patooty" Brady!!... :confused:
Personally, I think that he was one of the MOST negatively affected by Milloy's departure. (The other one would be Ty Law, IMO.) Tom's head just never even seemed close to being in the game in the first half. He was making poor decisions and just not "seeing" the field, it seemed... Granted, he wasn't getting much time to see anything, but he usually handles that with calm, cool, quick decison making and gets rid of the ball in a quick dump-off pass. He wasn't even throwing those short little screen passes high enough to get over the Buffalon DL and when he did, he was simply off the mark...
One could say that he had that "deer in the head-lights" look...
If it weren't for our little sparkster, Kevin Faulk, we wouldn't have had ANY offensive production in the first half... So, why didn't they continue to use him, when we were knocking on the goal line?! They choose to bring in Antowain Smith (COLD) off the bench?!... What's up with that thought process?!...
Perhaps the coaching staff wasn't firing on all cylinders, either, as Ramblings theorized in another post...
I will give the Bills and their staff credit, in that, they came out FIRED UP and FOCUSED on the task at hand, right from the get-go... Our guys acted like the first 30 minutes of the game didn't really count...

Me ?? Pick on poor Tommy ? lol.I cant kick the boy while he is down,did you see the look on his face.I felt bad for him,if you can believe that.But truely,it was so out of character for him that it could'nt have been anymore than his being distracted.The thing is what he does with his first major NFL defeat, he better not chew on it too long.BTW,do ya think that Tommy,Drew and Lawyer will be sharing a beer after the game ?:banghead:

The Bills have proven if a club wants a top passing game they need to start with a top O-Line, and O-line coach. Belichick has neither.

While Bledsoe time and time again had plenty of time to throw, Brady was often under pressure. Compton was sometimes literally manhandled by Sam Adams.

I have to admit that the Bills are the class of the AFC East so far. The Jets sucked, the Patriots sucked, and the Dolphins sucked. There are no two ways about it. If the Bills can keep this up, although it was against a far inferior team, no one in the AFC East is going to give them any trouble. The Dolphins have no pass defense and apparently no run defense. The Jets have no quarterback, but a mediocre defense. The Patriots have a very good Pop Warner team. It looks like the Bills have their stuff together and could very well take the AFC if the rest of the teams don't get their stuff together...quick.

ramblings said:
The Bills have proven if a club wants a top passing game they need to start with a top O-Line, and O-line coach. Belichick has neither.

While Bledsoe time and time again had plenty of time to throw, Brady was often under pressure. Compton was sometimes literally manhandled by Sam Adams.

Well, Ramblings-- you make a good point about needing a top O-line, if you want to win the battle in that trench. Many of us have maintained that our O-Line is greatly in need of being shored up. Ya know what though? Big Sam Adams was in such a GROOVE today, however, that I don't think that anyone could have stopped him!... Seriously--he was EVERYWHERE we didn't want him to be...
He had a monster day today and you have to give him his due credit, IMO...

Lets not go over board here Doll.The Bills looked very good today but I am far from handing them the division.Keep in mind that this a new look for the Bills and you can bet every team,as well as our own,will be looking over every minute of game tape on this an finding ways to keep them from doing it again.I think Buffalo will be competeive for the division but far from being a power house.I trust that we will not look the same come December as we did today.Buffalo might win the division,but they have to go over us again to do it ,and it wont be as easy next time.If it is,then we probably wont be in any division play off game anyway.That I find hard to believe !

I learned something today too......

It is entirely legal for an offensive lineman laying on the pile after a whistle to kick Rodney Harrison square in the chest and not be penalized. This was a learning experience for me.

pookie said:
I learned something today too......

It is entirely legal for an offensive lineman laying on the pile after a whistle to kick Rodney Harrison square in the chest and not be penalized. This was a learning experience for me.

Yess I know. That was complete bull sheest. The Refs were standing right there. They are just "cracking down" so hard, huh?

The Bills came out fired up....Milloy was fired up.....

You guys lost, don't make excuses. We'll see ya in December and it will be a totally different game. So what?

We beat ya. Period.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, did you see.......

Rodney Harrison poke at the dude before dude kicked at him? Wah, wah, call the wambulance.

Who cares-the cat was way out of the bag by them.

ClementsRocks22 said:
The Bills came out fired up....Milloy was fired up.....

You guys lost, don't make excuses. We'll see ya in December and it will be a totally different game. So what?

We beat ya. Period.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to god, when your stupid frickin' team dosent know our play book and shows how much they suck, WE WILL CRUSH THEM DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS CRAP, WHY THE HELL DID THEY LOSE?!?!?!!?

What a bunch of whiny-ass, excuse making fans you guys are. After talking all that smack and saying " oh when the Pats beat you, don't make excuses ".........
Quit making excuses...

You guys played a great game,

for little league.
You all sucked, and the Bills beat the **** outta Marcia.
Get over it.

ClementsRocks22 said:
What a bunch of whiny-ass, excuse making fans you guys are. After talking all that smack and saying " oh when the Pats beat you, don't make excuses ".........
Quit making excuses...

for little league.
Get over it.

Sorry, but the excuses are there in front of our faces. This isn't liked we sucked against the Texans :p. This was a perfect setup for the Bills. The Pats were emotionally devastated by the loss of their defensive leader. For him to suit up against their first opponent, who already had every intangible advantage to begin with, setup this blowout.

Milloy DID pass on very valuable information to both the offense and defense. Bledsoe spent alot of time going over film with Milloy. Articles have noted how often Bledsoe audibled at the line. Bills defenders always seemed to know what was coming. I read that the Sam Adams TD was a result of Milloy calling the play and having defenders in the correct spots. You give the Bengals the game plan for the Bucs, and they'll beat them almost every time.

Now, to the Bills credit, they had to execute their game plan to win. They're a talented, playoff contender. But, if the Pats brain trust :confused: doesn't mess with the team chemistry, then this game is a tossup.

The Pats were emotionally devastated by the loss of their defensive leader.

What? 2 days ago you Pats fans were saying Milloy was washed up and good riddance and all kinds of negative stuff about him...
Now you're saying you lost cause of his leaving?

Give me a break. I thought Pats fans were more knowledgable and better sports than every other NFL fan around, (thats the picture I normally get from reading your posts)

We whipped that ass....
See ya at the end of the year. :4321:

ClementsRocks22 said:
The Pats were emotionally devastated by the loss of their defensive leader.

What? 2 days ago you Pats fans were saying Milloy was washed up and good riddance and all kinds of negative stuff about him...
Now you're saying you lost cause of his leaving?

Give me a break. I thought Pats fans were more knowledgable and better sports than every other NFL fan around, (thats the picture I normally get from reading your posts)

We whipped that ass....
See ya at the end of the year. :4321:

Actually, I didn't say anything about Milloy being washed up. I was on vacation last week and didn't see this board until Sunday night. I heard about the Milloy debacle while watching SportsCenter at my hotel. They interviewed players for their reaction and it seemed like they were on their way to a funeral. I thought right then that they'd have a hard time winning that first game. Then when I heard he was going to Buffalo, I wrote this game off. I'm still distressed about this. I'm a big Milloy fan like you're a big Clements fan. I have a Milloy game day shirt and a framed picture of him in my house.

I said earlier that the Bills deserve credit. They still had to execute, which they did. And they never let up. The Pats may have still lost this game even if nothing happened last week. But Milloy's knowledge of the Pats was worth gold to the Bills, and by their own statements, they took full advantage of it.

ClementsRocks22 said:
Quit making excuses...

for little league.
Get over it.

Absolutely not making excuses. Do you really think I believe that Pats would have won if your (Bills) O lineman hadn't kicked Harrison in the sternum. Just pointing out the fact that he did. Kicking a player like that is pretty much taboo and frowned upon in the league. Players like that are in the Bill Romanowski category and should be fined.

But this was not an excuse for the Pats playing like crap. We blew every single opportunity that we had.... 4th and goal - ball dropped in the end zone. The long bomb in the first half - Brady waits 1 second too long to release and it hits Milloy in the back/helmet. Many chances we had could have changed the face of the game, but the Pats failed to capitalize. How about goal to go with a confused defense and the failed to snap the ball with a Bills defender WAY offside. Just a plethora of mental and physical mistakes made this a stinker.

Congrats to the Bills and we'll see you guys later. Hopefully next time the players suit up instead of the cheerleaders.

I don't know about you, but I would love to see the cheerleaders suit up (or not) and go at it.

We will definitely see you at the end of the season...hopefully in the playoffs too.
I agree you guys just could not execute anything. Sure Milloy probably gave us some insight as to how your team works but do you think that A.Smith, L.Centers and T.Washington didn't do the same things when they joined the Pats? Enough said.

The Bills had all 12 cylinders open and running wild. We executed on time, even though we made mistakes too, we played a very composed game.

You guys still got alot of hope. See ya later.

Back