Top 10 Patriots; Game Replay

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
2nite. NFL network. 8 PM

Also full replay 1-4.

Cheers

1. 2nd half: 1st drive was tremendous coming out of the locker room even though it only yielded a FG

2. Being able to run the football when the other team knows you're going to do so was just great to see.

3. The DEFENSE

1. 2nd half: 1st drive was tremendous coming out of the locker room even though it only yielded a FG

2. Being able to run the football when the other team knows you're going to do so was just great to see.

3. The DEFENSE

2nd game in a row they have done that. running the ball only really matters under certain circumstances:

inside your 20, inside their 20 and when its time to end a game. those are the runs that matter.

DVR'd both programs and watched them both when I got home from work

Great stuff

It was great to see all the old time Patriots on that top 10 list and I would definitely recommend to the "newer" or "younger" fans to check it out. Most specifically, the pieces on Stanley Morgan and John Hannah. Wow

He volunteered. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Actually, as much as I hate Ron Borges, I do recognize the role he played in helping Andre Tippett into the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, so I begrudgingly would accept his appearance speaking on his behalf here.

Begrudgingly :)

Wasn't Borges the guy that lobbied for Tippett to get into the NFL HOF?

BTW, Morgan should be in too. Watching those highlights you forget just how good he really was. Best WR in the NFL for over a decade but being on bad teams hurt him

Yeah, I'll listen to Borges on Tippett.. but only on Tippett.

Interesting list. Mostly correct. It's hard when there are football players you love but would have to say, "No, not top ten worthy". Steve Nelson for example. Loved Nellie in the day, but he should be on the outside, looking in, in my humble opinion.

For those who didn't see it... here is THEIR Top Ten.

10. Kicker whom I shall not name
9. Stanley Morgan
8. Steve Nelson
7. Troy Brown
6. Ty Law
5. Mike Haynes
4. Andre Tippett
3. Rob Gronkowski
2. John Hannah
1. You know who

My List....

10. Kicker whom I shall not name, but still belongs on the list
9. Mike Haynes - Lowered due to time with Raiders
8. Bruce Armstrong - Greatly underrated player
7. Troy Brown - Versatility puts him on this list
6. Stanley Morgan - Ccompare his numbers with Lynn Swann when you get a chance
5. Ty Law - Should be Canton bound
4. Rob Gronkowski - Five more years and he may rise higher
3. Andre Tippett - Put LT in NE and AT in NY and they are thought of differently
2. John Hannah - Best retirement speech of all time, IMO
1. You know who - League wide GOAT

Oh, the Hannah Retirement Speech.

After he retired, they had John Hannah day at Foxborough. At halftime they came out, said the kind words, and let him speak. He thanked all the usual suspects, Mom and Day, high school, college, and pro coaches.... his teammates, but then said....

And lastly, I'd like to thank the fans..... for the food on the table and the clothes on my kids backs. Thank you very much.

Epic.

Back