Virtual Tailgate Party: Pats vs Bills

dropKickMurphy

Reaction score
This week's Virtual Tailgate Party has officially started. Hawg73 and I have just arrived at the virtual "Ford Explorer Lot" at virtual Gillette Stadium. You can't miss us...look for our virtual flagpoles flying Old Glory and the Pats Superbowl Banner.
The virtual grill is fired up and ready to go. Hawg is busy mixing up a pitcher of his famous virtual Margaritas. We're ready to party.
This week's theme, naturally, is the return of Bledsoe. In keeping with the theme, Hawg has announced he will be preparing a batch of Buffalo Wings. His brother Jimbo's contribution to the feast will be grilled Buffalo steaks.
I will be cooking up some nice juicy venison burgers. These will be served during the post-game portion of the VTP, so that they can be properly illuminated by the headlights.
You are all welcome to join the Virtual Tailgate Party. All you need to do is contribute something related to the theme. This can be a food or beverage; a virtual item to add to the decor; or anything your twisted imaginations can come up with. Just tell us what you're bringing, and get ready to party!

My contribution

I'll bring the "Drew-B-Q"!! It's tender, thin fillets of beef (or buffalo) cut into #11's and coated in bbq sauce. These beefy little number 11's each have a skewer jammed through them.... very similar to how the Pats D will skewer Drew again this Sunday. I hope this isn't too cutting edge for your VTP. BTW.... I'll bring the official Silver, Red and Blue beer of the Pats, America's team (Bud Light), and a recycling bin so we can be conscious of our environment. I've also got a poster below that I will bring to display during our pahty. This particular poster is for our good friend Batman over at patriots.com!!

Love ya Drew, but sorry, this week you are again the enemy.

I am bringing the venison.

I thought I had a coup, but I am not sure that anything tops the Twins (except maybe the Mariners).

NoRespect said:

I thought I had a coup, but I am not sure that anything tops the Twins (except maybe the Mariners).

Nope... DKM is already bringing venison, so you'll need to come up with something new bruthah!

How about this...

I'm all about bringing the Sam Adams if anyone is interested in having some. Keeping it a New England thing ya know.

Re: How about this...

PatsLawFirm said:
I'm all about bringing the Sam Adams if anyone is interested in having some. Keeping it a New England thing ya know.
=======================================
Sign me up PLF, the twins are about the only thing that could get me to give up my sammies, and only if I had a guarantee.

Re: Re: How about this...

Hawg73 said:
=======================================
Sign me up PLF, the twins are about the only thing that could get me to give up my sammies, and only if I had a guarantee.

Anybody had Sam Light yet? I'm trying to watch my girlish figure, but the cold brews don't help (I won't drink any of that crap from Denver, St. Louis, or Milwaukee).

NoRespect said:

That pic was GREAT. You and pook too, have been coming up big in the finding-new-toys department. I'm sure we'll get tired of the pics and attatchments and emoticons and smilies and pm's etc, etc. eventually but right now it's NEATO-KEEN-WICKED-PISSA!!!

Hawg73 said:
I'm sure we'll get tired of the pics and attatchments and emoticons and smilies and pm's etc, etc. eventually but right now it's NEATO-KEEN-WICKED-PISSA!!!

That's what we thought on ChiefsPlanet. The smilies have grown a bit stale (but still heavily used), but we find better and more creative ways to work with graphics. Check this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lets remember to keep the focus on FOOTBALL gentlemen

Who knows we may even see a FOOTBALL game if we're not careful.

Phobia said:
That's what we thought on ChiefsPlanet. The smilies have grown a bit stale (but still heavily used), but we find better and more creative ways to work with graphics. Check this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, phobia that was well done. I have to put PhotoShop on my list for Santa. I'm still getting used to the idea that we can do this stuff.

Hawg73 said:
That pic was GREAT. You and pook too, have been coming up big in the finding-new-toys department. I'm sure we'll get tired of the pics and attatchments and emoticons and smilies and pm's etc, etc. eventually but right now it's NEATO-KEEN-WICKED-PISSA!!!

Thanks Hawg. I was just having fun doctoring up some images that I got off the web. I feel like such an idiot because somehow I didn't notice Dropkick's post about the venison. Must look like piracy but all I remember reading was Buffalo Wings. It probably registered on a subconscious level.

PhotoShop willl set you back about $500 (internet $) and can be a real bear to learn. There are a number of similar programs if you don't need all the capabilities. Adobe makes one that is essentially photoshop lite. But PS is the best.

Pook's pic in another thread of the Troll is classic. And the animation is a riot. I have to learn how to insert the self-playing wav files.

I'm gonna try the .wav thingy...don't laugh

NoRespect said:

Pook's pic in another thread of the Troll is classic. And the animation is a riot. I have to learn how to insert the self-playing wav files.

If I've screwed this up...hey, I tried.

<EMBED SRC="http://asf.allwavs.com/wav01/ChrisFarley/burn.wav" AUTOSTART=false LOOP=FALSE WIDTH=145 HEIGHT=55 ALIGN="CENTER">
<br />
</EMBED>

Re: I'm gonna try the .wav thingy...don't laugh

IF Not Working posted by Pookie
(otherwise posted by NR)

<EMBED SRC="http://www.dailywav.com/soylent.wav" AUTOSTART=FALSE LOOP=FALSE WIDTH=145 HEIGHT=55 ALIGN="CENTER">
</EMBED>

:jester:

Re: Re: I'm gonna try the .wav thingy...don't laugh

NoRespect said:

You dirty bastid!! Now try a different destination to get it to link to whatever site.com.

dropKickMurphy said:
You are all welcome to join the Virtual Tailgate Party. All you need to do is contribute something related to the theme. This can be a food or beverage; a virtual item to add to the decor; or anything your twisted imaginations can come up with. Just tell us what you're bringing, and get ready to party!

dKM:

Great idea on this thread! I realized that I never officially welcomed you to the board. I am glad to see another quality member of Patriots.com joining. We are still anxiously awaiting the first official IGIG posting. There have been sightings, but nothing confirmed.

I have noticed that a lot of people have signed up that have yet to post. Some of these are prolific members on the other board. I am not sure if it is a technology barrier or just some sense of loyalty to the other forum.

I didn't mean to steal your venison idea. Hopefully there will be enough of that to go around on Sunday. You can never have enough venison fresh off the hoof.

Re: Re: Virtual Tailgate Party: Pats vs Bills

NoRespect said:
I didn't mean to steal your venison idea

An honest mistake, NR. I thought it might be fun to start a VTP thread before each game. You can have first dibs on the frozen fish sticks for the Miami game.

Back