VPN’s

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Thinking about getting one set up in our router, for those that use them what are the pros/cons for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proton is what I use. I have the free version. It's rated the best on numerous sites. Nothing is foolproof. The downside is that some sites won't let you login. Another downside is that it slows down your internet.

The downside is that some sites won't let you login.
this is THE BIG downside.

More and more sites every day are blocking VPN's, or blocking your ad-Blocker, or forcing you to take some or all of their cookies. I have walked away from all such situations, but it seems sooner or later all the sites you may think of visiting, will be thus blocked up. :image:

Last edited:
I have a similar but diff question

What's to prevent your VPN provider from copying all your data - passwords, bank accounts, investment accounts - if it's not encrypted before leaving your computer?

Many VPNs come from unfriendly countries.

I have a similar but diff question

What's to prevent your VPN provider from copying all your data - passwords, bank accounts, investment accounts - if it's not encrypted before leaving your computer?

Many VPNs come from unfriendly countries.
Is Switzerland considered unfriendly? Proton is from there.

Is Switzerland considered unfriendly? Proton is from there.

Proton seems ok but...
You'll be surprised how many are from unfriendly countries wanting to hack your data.

Many are actually Chinese-owned and some Pakistani.

Proton seems ok but...
You'll be surprised how many are from unfriendly countries wanting to hack your data.

Many are actually Chinese-owned and some Pakistani.
Anything is hackable...there's nothing 100% safe.

Back