We are the all time bores of the NFL

I'll have to disagree. I almost never find it boring when the Patriots are in the Superbowl. I have no idea what he is talking about.

Undertaker #59 on 01-18-2007 at 09:16 AM said:
I'll have to disagree. I almost never find it boring when the Patriots are in the Superbowl. I have no idea what he is talking about.

No doubt.

Regardless of whether or not you are a Pats fan, the Pats have played in 3 of the best Superbowls ever. They were all exciting to watch.

WY-Oregasm on 01-17-2007 at 07:22 PM said:
Can any of you Patriot fans say you weren't sick of the Cowpies during THEIR era???

<raises hand>

After my two teams, I consider myself a fan of the sport, period. I was very impressed with the Cowboys managing to keep a solid core together like that and thought they were fun to watch play.

As for the Bills. I was amazed. Both at them getting there 4 times, and somehow finding ways to lose 4 times.

WY-Oregasm on 01-17-2007 at 07:22 PM said:
Definitely envy in my case. But you cannot rule out boredom on the part of fans from other teams that are sick of the Patriots at this point and would like to see some fresh blood in there.

Can any of you Patriot fans say you weren't sick of the Cowpies during THEIR era???

Sick of the Cowboys? Yes!

Bored? Hell NO! It was always fun to root for whoever was playing them, in the smallest of hopes that the 'Boys would be crushed by whoever they drew as an opponent.

That Superbowl last year was a pathetic, ugly thing to watch. 'New Blood' does NOT equel 'Better' or more entertaining.

Undertaker #59 on 01-18-2007 at 10:16 AM said:
Reporters and sports talk shows love trash talking and controversy. It sells papers and grabs listeners.

When players get all T.O., journalists don't have to dig hard to write their stories. They just transcribe the inflammatory boasts.

Some reporters have built careers by brashly asserting many objectionable but attention-grabbing opinions. That's apparently what keeps Skip Bayless employed.

Patriots Super Bowls have been great. But the Super Bowl WEEKS have been largely devoid of drama or controversy. We were (supposedly) pushovers and unworthy participants against the Rams. And then we had only complimentary things to say about the Panthers and Eagles. So the lazy reporters and talk show hosts (obviously only a fraction of reporters and talk show hosts) sit around all week frustrated because players aren't gift wrapping their stories for them.

For football fans and reporters who enjoy glitz and spectacle rather than the sweat and tears of football, the ideal is a boastful, trash-talking Peyton Manning. The Patriots represent the opposite. Substance over style. We appreciate and admire professionalism and great defense. The WWF fans of the world want to genetically splice together Joe Namath's bragadoccio and glamor, Lawrence Taylor's respect for the opposition, and Peyton Manning's arm. And all games would finish 700-693, with the last team to throw a TD winning the game.

The Patriots-Panthers Super Bowl was a World War I stalemate (which bored casual fans) followed by a World War II blitzkrieg. WWF types (not to mention my wife) prefer all blitzkrieg all the time. Touchdowns are fun. Defense is boring.

--James

Annihilus on 01-18-2007 at 10:21 AM said:
No doubt.

Regardless of whether or not you are a Pats fan, the Pats have played in 3 of the best Superbowls ever. They were all exciting to watch.

Wrong!! The first half of the pats/panthers game was soooo boring. The 2nd half made up for it.

bideau on 01-18-2007 at 06:53 AM said:
I've heard it said before that a sport is more interesting when there's a dynasty for teams to knock off. The Pats have become a target for opposing teams and fans. It's no different than baseball fans hating the MFY's, or NBA fans hating the 80's Celts/Lakers or 90's Bulls.
You’ve got to be kidding. The Patriots are not the Showtime Lakers, Bird Celtics, or MJ’s Bulls. Those teams were fun. The world paid attention to them. In the football world outside Boston, no one talked about the Patriots at all. It was almost a shock to hear that they were 12-4 at the end of the season. It was like “Holy Crap, how did that happen? When did that happen? The Patriots are 12 and 4? Really?”

If you want to make a basketball reference, the Patriots are Tim Duncan. Elite level player, good guy, with a solid all around game, and some rings. …and thoroughly boring.

insanepatsfan on 01-18-2007 at 06:05 PM said:
Wrong!! The first half of the pats/panthers game was soooo boring. The 2nd half made up for it.

Wrong for you maybe, not Annihilus. The whole game was fun to watch.

Preechr on 01-18-2007 at 08:18 PM said:
You’ve got to be kidding. The Patriots are not the Showtime Lakers, Bird Celtics, or MJ’s Bulls. Those teams were fun. The world paid attention to them. In the football world outside Boston, no one talked about the Patriots at all. It was almost a shock to hear that they were 12-4 at the end of the season. It was like “Holy Crap, how did that happen? When did that happen? The Patriots are 12 and 4? Really?”

It doesn't matter if they're not 'flashy' or if they're 'boring'. People still love to hate the king of the mountain, and there's really no denying that they've been that King (or close) for the last 6 years. If you're not a Patriot fan, you watch because you want them to get beat. Annihilus did it all the time with the Cowboys and the 49ers back in the day.

Jealousy is a green-eyed biotch.

Preechr on 01-18-2007 at 09:18 PM said:

If you want to make a basketball reference, the Patriots are Tim Duncan. Elite level player, good guy, with a solid all around game, and some rings. …and thoroughly boring.

Your're still fresh of an asskicking so anything that comes out of your mouth is pure sloppy shit. I would have loved to see your face when your "superior" team choked it all away like a bunch of high school pimply faced faggots. LOLOLOL Actually no I wouldn't have liked to see your faced cuz all you Californians have the same shit smeared all over you. Hahahahaha California should just become Mexico, oh wait it already is nevermind. Rofl. Get the **** out of here boy.

10 years from now, Tom Brady will be looked at as a candidate for one of the best of all time. In fact with 3 SB rings already at age 29, he already is. What's Rivers at oh yeah 0-1 in the postseason that's about it. He's got alot to prove, and so far all he's proven is that he likes it up the ass from LT and Marty, oh wait no Marty likes it up the ass from him.

In fact remember that fumble play that Marty challenged that didn't get overturned? Yeah that was all Rivers who went scurrying up to Marty, like the fag that he is, and said "I saw something, throw the challenge flag" and Marty like the little tool bitch that he is threw it and burned a crucial timeout. LOL. nice call Rivers you preppy private school fag.

It doesn't matter if we're boring to watch, at least our team doesn't drop punts, or have interceptions stripped away, or choke in the playoffs, or do steroids, or hold pathetic fag-infested rallies with a bunch of psuedo bandwagon football fans BEFORE you actually win anything, yeah that's cool, you guys are real exciting to watch. San Diego doesn't deserve shit, the Padres LOL and the Chargers LOL. Wow. Now I know why you're so uptight.

oh yeah lets not forget LT, he's real exciting to watch bitch and moan about how his team choked and defend his fag boy Merriman before they go into the shower together and Merriman shoves his 2 inch roid-shrunken dick up LT's loose asshole. I'm sure you'd like to join them.

You lost, we won, your team was better and you STILL lost, how does that make you feel, pretty shitty i guess that's why you're here being a cocksmoocher. Go back to Mexico boi. You got nothin on us.

Back