What do you think the chances are that...

O.Z.O.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas...
Reaction score
If (when) the Colts lose today, what do you think the chances are that the national sports media will stop the constant ball washing of Mr. October?

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being not a ****ing chance in hell and 10 being Dungy gets the axe as soon as he hits the locker room.

I was wondering lately why Dungy doesn't fall under the same scrutiny as Marty Shcotenheimer?
His post season record is not Martyesque, but abismal in it's own right.
Having the Bucks and not getting it done only to see them win it all after he departed.

Now with "Mr Perfect" Manning, he can't get past this point again.

Why doesn't anyone criticize the coach?:confused:

Tell you what....if the Pats lose today, there will be less ball-washing of the Patriots in the media. And if the Colts win, there will be more of the same about king manning.

But you're right, the media looks for the least common denominator on tv....they want the casual fan to have something to latch on to....thus the over abundance of Brady/Manning/and to a lesser extent Belichick talk. And in the bears game, it'll be urlacher over and over again (compared to other players). And the saints will be constantly be held up as the katrina team....and we'll all be persuaded to rally around the katrina team.

You know what bothered me once, peytonsux, but I've learned not to let it (or the like) bother me? At the end of sb 36, when the packers had beaten the pats, it was All Packers, and practically zero Patriots (you know, in the postgame right after the game). It was all Favre, and zero Pats. And I was pissed off, and said something about it (around Packer fans no less).

But I've learned (I hope I've learned) the media and cbs and fox etc. will do their thing no matter what. They oversimplify things to make it digestible for all people watching the game...so you'll keep it on when the commercials are on, so those companies get a bang for the buck, or millions of bucks as the case may be.

Thus, it's all Brady and Manning. Thankfully during the game, guys like Simms and Nance can break it down for us fans who are more intent on understanding the "whole play", and who did what.

Enjoy the game!

Go Patriots!!!

Steve1 on 01-21-2007 at 11:16 AM said:
Tell you what....if the Pats lose today, there will be less ball-washing of the Patriots in the media. And if the Colts win, there will be more of the same about king manning.

But you're right, the media looks for the least common denominator on tv....they want the casual fan to have something to latch on to....thus the over abundance of Brady/Manning/and to a lesser extent Belichick talk. And in the bears game, it'll be urlacher over and over again (compared to other players). And the saints will be constantly be held up as the katrina team....and we'll all be persuaded to rally around the katrina team.

You know what bothered me once, peytonsux, but I've learned not to let it (or the like) bother me? At the end of sb 31, when the packers had beaten the pats, it was All Packers, and practically zero Patriots (you know, in the postgame right after the game). It was all Favre, and zero Pats. And I was pissed off, and said something about it (around Packer fans no less).

But I've learned (I hope I've learned) the media and cbs and fox etc. will do their thing no matter what. They oversimplify things to make it digestible for all people watching the game...so you'll keep it on when the commercials are on, so those companies get a bang for the buck, or millions of bucks as the case may be.

Thus, it's all Brady and Manning. Thankfully during the game, guys like Simms and Nance can break it down for us fans who are more intent on understanding the "whole play", and who did what.

Enjoy the game!

Go Patriots!!!

You're probably right, and I probably shouldn't get so irritated by it, but right now it's about 10-1 Manning, and the fact that guy has never won anything other then a Pro-Bowl yrt you can't escape him, really grinds my gears (to steal a quote from your state's most famous resident. I think part of it also may be that having lived in Baltimore for nearly 25 years now, I have a hatred of the Colts that goes above and beyond that of the average Pats fan.

Whatever it is, I hope the Pats just kick the ever-loving shit out of the Colts today.

Back