What Is The Current Skinny On An Un-Capped 2010?

TYVM......I was actually more pissed that you wrote your original answers in
peeing-man.gif
piss-yellow

I changed the color to blue when I saw that the yella made me put on Stevie Wonder glasses. But you copied it befor the change.

OK I think I understand and will address these one at a time.

OK NUT, assuming the players do wake up and decide to take a pay CUT, because thats what it would be, there is still no way any gm worth a damn will extend a deal into an unknown, correct? Nor would any good agent worth his show me the money, allow his client to hamstring himself so???

Translation: everyone wants to know straight up, no dancing around, is it pregmatic to extend a player like say, BIG VINCE, for instance, in this situation?

OK NUT, assuming the players do wake up and decide to take a pay CUT, because thats what it would be, there is still no way any gm worth a damn will extend a deal into an unknown, correct? Nor would any good agent worth his show me the money, allow his client to hamstring himself so???

Translation: everyone wants to know straight up, no dancing around, is it pregmatic to extend a player like say, BIG VINCE, for instance, in this situation?

Yes it is. Because Big Vince wants it.

Also the revenue will and already has started to go down so the % of reduced revenue will mean less money for the players anyway.

Yes it is. Because Big Vince wants it.

Also the revenue will and already has started to go down so the % of reduced revenue will mean less money for the players anyway.

OK thanks. You are probably right.

I dont share your optimism though. Why would the Pats put up all that guaranteed money in a season that may not even happen? Why would his agent commit to something when there may be more guraranteed money available in other scenarios? Hmmmm...

Baseball has been ruined, it used to be such a great sport, now, hell I dont even know who plays for what team anymore except my own, and teams with money rule the league and teams without, should not even bother. Football is as good now as its ever been, I hope they do not screw it up.

Really... Tampa Bay Rays? Minnesota Twins? Oakland A's? Florida Marlins? How have those small, poor teams done in the last decade? I remember reading a thing not too long ago that there actually have been a wider variety of teams making the MLB playoffs this decade than teams making the NFL playoffs.

I don't think going without a salary cap would be the worst thing in the world. Spending money doesn't always equal winning. Just ask the New York Yankees and Washington Redskins. It's about spending in a smart fashion. Not to mention, I think the pats would me one of the teams who would have an advantage in an uncapped situation, for many various reasons.

Back