Who is the most overrated Dolphin?

Who are the most overrated Dolphins? (pick more than one)

• Patrick Surtain

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Sammy Knight

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sam Madison

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Brian Griese

• Junior Seau

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Ricky Williams

• Randy McMichael

• Zach Thomas

• Olindo Mare

• Oronde Gadsden

• Dave Wannstedt

• Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

I know, they ALL are but on a relative scale. (You may pick more than one but try to be selective).

I had to go with Seau, he is probably better than what they had, but from the day he came into the league he has been a guy who makes big plays and gives up big plays.

Somehow the networks have always seemed to focus on the former and ignore the latter.

It helps if a guy runs around all wild-eyed like Junior does since that looks good on closeups.

Overrated? Yes.

But your girl Marsha trumps them all! The guy has virtually identical numbers to Fiedler yet, somehow, he's the end all and be all of QB's? Nope, I don't think so. He'll be exposed for the fraud he is this weekend.

Expo88 said:
He'll be exposed for the fraud he is this weekend.

He's already been exposed for the fraud he is with his many come from behind wins and a stellar 7-0 in overtime games in his incredibly short career.

Fiedler

Is quite the beneficiary of an annually tough defense

Re: Fiedler

Steve1 said:
Is quite the beneficiary of an annually tough defense

and brady is the beneficiary of a lot of luck. also, its the whole team that is 7 and 0 in recent overtimes not just marsha

Re: Re: Fiedler

stork48 said:
and brady is the beneficiary of a lot of luck. also, its the whole team that is 7 and 0 in recent overtimes not just marsha

Absolutely but you meatheads single out Brady, not us.

BTW, it's called cool under pressure and skill, not luck.

Tiger_69 said:
He's already been exposed for the fraud he is with his many come from behind wins and a stellar 7-0 in overtime games in his incredibly short career.

if meatheads are singling him out then I guess you are a meat head

"he is" " his incredebly short career"

nuff said!

Stork, were you just delivered to the doorstep this morning?

YOU specified brady (singled him out), I defended him. But yes, it is a total team effort and without the defense, they wouldn't be where they are now.

Expo88 said:
But your girl Marsha trumps them all! The guy has virtually identical numbers to Fiedler yet, somehow, he's the end all and be all of QB's? Nope, I don't think so. He'll be exposed for the fraud he is this weekend.

***cough***cough*** XXXVI MVP ***cough***

pookie said:
***cough***cough*** XXXVI MVP ***cough***

Yes, the most bogus Super Bowl MVP of all time. Here's a guy who was the beneficiary of a spectacular defensive performance and the media votes him the MVP. That was crap and every single Patsy fan knows it. The MVP should have gone to the defense as a whole or, at the very least, to a member of it not Marsha.

Expo88 said:
Yes, the most bogus Super Bowl MVP of all time. Here's a guy who was the beneficiary of a spectacular defensive performance and the media votes him the MVP. That was crap and every single Patsy fan knows it. The MVP should have gone to the defense as a whole or, at the very least, to a member of it not Marsha.

No, not every Patsy fan knows it. Brady orchestrated a last minute, Superbowl winning drive and he was masterful in the process. Your sour grapes are growing tiresome. I'm afraid you're starting to turn into a real moron. We Patsy fans are happy to have a premier QB, unlike the Dolphins who have Alfred E Newman at the helm.

pookie said:
No, not every Patsy fan knows it. Brady orchestrated a last minute, Superbowl winning drive and he was masterful in the process. Your sour grapes are growing tiresome. I'm afraid you're starting to turn into a real moron. We Patsy fans are happy to have a premier QB, unlike the Dolphins who have Alfred E Newman at the helm.

Oh touche' mensa boy. I distinctly remember a small, but audible outcry from the Patsy nation immediately following that game for the media fanny-clapping Brady the way they did with an undeserved MVP trophy. I actually cheered for the Patsies in that game as I live less than 10 miles from the stadium the Goats abandoned in 1995 so I wanted nothing less than to see murdering Georgia Frotierri (sp?) hoist another Lombardi Trophy- it was sacralidge the first time and would be utter hereacy for it happen a second.

As far as Marsha being a premier QB, why not be honest with yourself and admit that he's the exact same QB as Fiedler. He's a guy who doesn't have a great arm but who gets the job done. In fact, if you do a comparison of Marsha v. Jay you'll find that they have almost identical career completion percentages, TD to INT ratios, QB ratings, and winning percentages (Fiedler will actually retake the lead in the final category with the win on Sunday.)

Your arguments are hollow and the only thing your able to come up with are personal insults that are quite harmless. Swing and a miss mensa!

Expo88 said:
Oh touche' mensa boy. I distinctly remember a small, but audible outcry from the Patsy nation immediately following that game for the media fanny-clapping Brady the way they did with an undeserved MVP trophy. I actually cheered for the Patsies in that game as I live less than 10 miles from the stadium the Goats abandoned in 1995 so I wanted nothing less than to see murdering Georgia Frotierri (sp?) hoist another Lombardi Trophy- it was sacralidge the first time and would be utter hereacy for it happen a second.

As far as Marsha being a premier QB, why not be honest with yourself and admit that he's the exact same QB as Fiedler. He's a guy who doesn't have a great arm but who gets the job done. In fact, if you do a comparison of Marsha v. Jay you'll find that they have almost identical career completion percentages, TD to INT ratios, QB ratings, and winning percentages (Fiedler will actually retake the lead in the final category with the win on Sunday.)

Your arguments are hollow and the only thing your able to come up with are personal insults that are quite harmless. Swing and a miss mensa!

Not sure where you're getting the mensa nonsense from.... I wish.

Brady's numbers are better than Fiedler's. Brady is a natural and proven leader. Fiedler is not. Brady has proven himself time and again in pressure situations in his young career. Fiedler has not. Brady has taken part in a SB game. Fiedler has not. Brady has won a SB. Fiedler has not, nor will he. Brady will be on the AFC East Champion team this year. Fiedler will not. Hell if you guys can't win a SB with Dan Marino, I'm quite certain you won't win one with Fiedler. He doesn't impress many people bro, face it.

Expo88 said:

How often has Jay had to win a game in a come from behind situation with less than 2 tix on the clock orchestrating a drive the length of the field? Jay and Brady are both system QB's true, but it's the intangebles that make Brady the guy you want on the field as you'll see this tomorrow. Stop choking on those sour grapes and start making some wine with them so you'll have something to cry in after the finz lose tomorrow. You are are really starting to sound like a homer, just seeing what you want. Well take a good look Sunday afternoon and see what you want, the Pats are 6-0 vs teams with a winning record this season, and 2 games ahead of the Fish.
Hell the Pats could walk through this game and still take the division. Playing from behind is not a strength of the Finz, but the Pats and Brady seem to relish it! Better luck next yr. Say hi to the boyz back at the finheaven.

Expo88 said:

Also regarding your shot in the dark stating that Fiedler and Brady are equals..... these numbers will prove that you are simply here to be an ignorant troll. Not that there's anything wrong with that. We enjoy our trolls.

Completion percentage:
Brady - 62.0
Jay - 59.8
*Considerable difference in today's NFL. Advantage Brady

Yards passing:
Brady - 9,500 in 44 NFL appearances
Jay - 9,826 in 62 appearances
Advantage Brady

TD passes:
Brady - 61 in 44 NFL appearances
Jay - 59 in 62 appearances
* This is an alarming difference, no? Advantage Brady

INT's:
Brady - 38
Jay - 52
Advantage Brady

Passer Rating:
Brady - 84.7
Jay - 79.8
* Again, quite a difference. Advantage Brady

Winning percentage:
Advantage Brady

Please elaborate and show us how Jay Fiedler and Tom Brady are the exact same quarterback. Your arguments are based on emotion and show that you really know very little about the 2 QB's.

pookie said:
Also regarding your shot in the dark stating that Fiedler and Brady are equals..... these numbers will prove that you are simply here to be an ignorant troll. Not that there's anything wrong with that. We enjoy our trolls.

:
:

Please elaborate and show us how Jay Fiedler and Tom Brady are the exact same quarterback. Your arguments are based on emotion and show that you really know very little about the 2 QB's.

Pook, how dare you throw facts at Dolphin fans. I haven't read a post from them yet when they didn't let the facts get in the way of a good argument. Brady is nothing but a lucky noodle armed sissy, they said so, it must be true.

You know, it's funny, what started out as an innocent thread meant to instigate the trolls and make them feel inferior turned out to be all that and more. Who knew....

:D

Ahhh, it's amazing to see so many self righteous lops collected into one arena (granted, there are only about 10 of you actually registered on this little site of yours.) I'm glad you're all so willing to accept pookie's (BTW, the only other thing I've ever heard with that name was a Chihuahua that happened to have asthma) assessment at total face value without breaking down the numbers a bit more.

First off, it's readily apparent that pookie has no idea as to what is considered a statistical significance and what is not. A completion percentage of less than 3% (2.1% in this case) is wholly and completely statistically insignificant. In fact, if you take Fiedler's statistical average over his first three years as a starter vs. Marsha's first three years as a starter the gap even narrows slightly with Fiedler having a completion rate of 60.05%. Again, anyone who has the slightest clue (something Dookie obviously doesn't) about statistics would know that the percent difference here amounts to very, very little.

In addition to that let's look at both QB's ratings over their first three years and see how that stacks up. In this case Fiedler's rating climbs slightly to 80.0. In this instance however, a difference of 4-5 points is also statistically insignificant as the passer rating calculations are on a 150+ point scale and they do not take into account several statistically significant factors including rushing, rushing TD's, etc.

While, overall, Marsha does trump Fiedler there are other things to consider, especially where the yardage differential comes into play. Considering the fact that the Patsies have never had a running game (and Smith having a fluke year of just over 1,000 yards (1,157) while Brady's been there so passing is all they've been able to do. There's no chance for the Patsies to win with a ground game so they pass thus Brady's numbers go up.

As far as TD's go, Marsha obviously has the advantage there but, when you take into account total TD's, 69 for Fiedler (59 passing, 10 rushing) and 63 for Marsha (61 passing, 2 rushing) the advantage clearly swings to Fiedler.

The final statistic on there, winning percentage, is also insignificant due to the fact that when Miami wins this weekend Jay will- once again- be the winningest QB in the NFL with 20+ starts so I guess that just drives a nice, sharp stake into the heart of that argument now doesn't it.

I know you all are very fond of fanny clapping each other around here for your supposed achievements but anyone with half a brain and even a modicum of knowledge about statistical data knows to look beyond the raw data and analyze its content a bit more. In this case, Dookie winds up looking stupid (Not that any of you myopic homers around here will acknowledge that fact, it's just nice to know the truth.)

:4321: :fire:

Expo88 said:
I know you all are very fond of fanny clapping each other around here for your supposed achievements but anyone with half a brain and even a modicum of knowledge about statistical data knows to look beyond the raw data and analyze its content a bit more....(Not that any of you myopic homers around here will acknowledge that fact, it's just nice to know the truth.)

Them sure was a bunch of mighty fine words Mr. Expo, now if you could only tell this myopic homer what it was all supposed to mean. :thumb: ;) I sure would appreciate it. See, I'm just too daft to find a point in all that garbage.

The only thing that I can discern from that nonsense is that at one point in time or another you must have been rejected by someone named after our moderator Pookie here, and you have never managed to find closure....

Back