Wii

A little note about WiiConnect24: when that option is active, the light on the Wii is orange, not red. And the Wii gets REALLY FRIKKIN' HOT. I had mine "active" (in WiiConnect mode) for the first day, and the next day I could fry an egg on it. I turned off the WiiConnect mode after that. (Besides, I didn't have it on it's own router, but instead I have the little USB port stick for my computer, so I'd have to have the computer on to make it work anyway... I used it once to download some online games from their store, like Super Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong Country, but after that first day I haven't used it online again. Hell, I've barely used it at all... but I'm hoping the writer's strike allows me to empty my TiVo and get back to gaming.)

TBrownslady* on 01-02-2008 at 02:50 PM said:
I want a wii very badly

[HopeTheWifeIsn'tLurkingMode]

HOW badly? >)

[/HopeTheWifeIsn'tLurkingMode]

Oh, yeah...

:::counting down the time it takes a membered member to offer to "let TBL play with his Wii", LOL...:::

JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 02:54 PM said:
Oh, yeah...

:::counting down the time it takes a membered member to offer to "let TBL play with his Wii", LOL...:::

LMAO was just gonna ask if I can play with yours! :eek: >)

Seriously though I have not played it yet and want to. No one I know has it and I may have to get myself a late birthday present this year

I don't have one, but used one New Year's Eve for the first time.

That machine is a lot of fun, but my shoulders are still sore from the boxing game.

My niece knocked me out 4 times. No matter how hard I swung, my dude just stood there and would barely throw a punch.

I did ok at all the other games, so I think she lied to me about how to play that one just to hammer me.

I'm getting a Wii when I get some disposable coin.

I'm waiting for a kung-fu game on Wii that includes a peripheral for attachments for your legs so that you can kick in real time.

Those attachments will be called Wii-Knees because they will be motion sensor'd knee pads.

Brownfan80 on 01-02-2008 at 02:57 PM said:

Those attachments will be called Wii-Knees because they will be motion sensor'd knee pads.

I just KNOW RG is gonna want one of these now.... ;) :p

Can you hook up RealDolls to one of those things?

TBrownslady* on 01-02-2008 at 02:56 PM said:
LMAO was just gonna ask if I can play with yours! :eek: >)

You can play with my Wii any time you visit Rhode Island. I'm sure we can both play with my Wii. Heck, you and my wife can both play with my Wii while I watch. ROFL

Sadly, I almost never use my Wii, so it's dusty, and I hope it still works properly for you. ROFL

Boy, this can go on forever, huh, LOL....

Seriously though I have not played it yet and want to. No one I know has it and I may have to get myself a late birthday present this year

I think they're still pretty hard to find, so if you ever see one, just buy it. That's what I did. I got mine on the 4th of July last year. I wandered into Wal-Mart and I was one of a handful of people in the whole store, and they had three of them. I bought one, and my wife made us go back an hour later to try to buy the other two to sell on eBay and they were gone.

JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 03:00 PM said:
You can play with my Wii any time you visit Rhode Island. I'm sure we can both play with my Wii. Heck, you and my wife can both play with my Wii while I watch. ROFL

Sadly, I almost never use my Wii, so it's dusty, and I hope it still works properly for you. ROFL

Boy, this can go on forever, huh, LOL....

I think they're still pretty hard to find, so if you ever see one, just buy it. That's what I did. I got mine on the 4th of July last year. I wandered into Wal-Mart and I was one of a handful of people in the whole store, and they had three of them. I bought one, and my wife made us go back an hour later to try to buy the other two to sell on eBay and they were gone.

ROFL me and the wife playing with your wii together that sounds like one hell of a night LOL

Yeah I am hoping I will get lucky one day and find one in a store :) I won't get one from ebay I can be patient and wait I suppose :)

cka203 on 01-02-2008 at 02:59 PM said:
I just KNOW RG is gonna want one of these now.... ;) :p

Can you hook up RealDolls to one of those things?

I'm not sure. But the Wii does calculate your age.. so I'm not sure RG would want to use his Realdoll with it. I'm sure he doesn't want to know how old his performance makes him look during those activities.

:p

I think one of the recent firmware updates cuts down on the mass heat produced when the Wii Connect option is used. I've noticed mine isn't so hot now. Though I'm beginning to fear I might have some vid problems with it (haven't had time to check the cabling yet).

The*Big*Lebowski on 01-02-2008 at 03:11 PM said:
here I am all excited about 13 replies. And not one of them on topic.

Dammed Hijackers!

I'm sorry... :sulk:

The*Big*Lebowski on 01-02-2008 at 02:13 PM said:
I've had mine on since Xmas day and haven't noticed any unusual heat.

This thing is so much fun.

Funny thing is, if you leave the unit on it doesn't get as hot (fan running). Or maybe they addressed the problem in newer units.

The*Big*Lebowski on 01-02-2008 at 03:11 PM said:
here I am all excited about 13 replies. And not one of them on topic.

Dammed Hijackers!

Sorry! When I do finally find one I will let you know! :)

My brother got me the Brunswick Bowling game for Christmas. It's pretty darned impressive the control you can put on the ball. They even went so far (actually bordering on too far) as to have different oil patterns and oil breakdown on the lanes. If you play a tourney in career mode, towards the end of the match, the oil can start breaking down, which alters the spin reaction and such. Only downside to the career is they make you start with using house balls, which suck the big one compared to the balls you can buy (though I guess that's pretty accurate too).

Back