Worst wedding experience

I was best man at my college roommate's wedding in the great metropolis of O'Neill, NE. If you've heard of O'Neill, you're lying. It's "famous" for being "the Irish Capital of Nebraska." Hmmm.

Anyhow, there's obviously nothing to do in O'Neill, so everyone got totally wasted at the bachelor's party. The very responsible groom tried politely refusing alcohol, but he eventually hit a tipping point and passed the point of no return with the rest of us. My wife (the women joined us because, as I said, there's nothing to do in O'Neill) tells me--I don't remember this part--that I kept trying to use the car key to open the hotel room after we returned. The embarrassing part is that it was one of those card-scanning locks, but I insisted I knew what I was doing.

--James

Coupla funny stories:

1) At my best friend's wedding, at the conclusion of the ceremony the pastor said, "I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. David Jervis!" Problem is, David is my friend's MIDDLE name.

2) At my cousin's wedding, one of the groomsmen was very nervous about standing up in front of all those people. Without realizing what it could do, he stood with his legs perfectly straight for much of the ceremony. Then, all of a sudden, we heard this "ka-thump WHAM!" (we couldn't see him because the pulpit blocked our view where we were sitting.)

For those of you unfamiliar with anatomy, standing with your knees locked for an extended period of time and then flexing them causes blood to rush to your head, and you pass out.

If you thought he was nervous before the wedding, he was embarrassed as hell the rest of the night.

The other funny part is that everyone wanted to see the guy pass out on the wedding video. But wouldn't you know it, it was just that moment that the person doing the taping had to switch batteries.

I've photo/videoed about 1,000 weddings and enjoyed them all. I've got grooms passing out and stuff.

The worst experience I taped was a drunken best man who thought it was funny to walk up to a couple during the cake cutting, take both slices and smash them into the faces of both at the same time. Everyone gasped and an aunt ran up an scolded him. He spent the rest of the night outside in a car sleeping it off.

Everyone asked to see the playback on video.

joephoto said:
I've photo/videoed about 1,000 weddings and enjoyed them all. I've got grooms passing out and stuff.

The worst experience I taped was a drunken best man who thought it was funny to walk up to a couple during the cake cutting, take both slices and smash them into the faces of both at the same time. Everyone gasped and an aunt ran up an scolded him. He spent the rest of the night outside in a car sleeping it off.

:LOL: ROFL :LOL:

OMG!!! That's priceless. It doesn't get any better than that. ROFL

A guy who grew up in the same neighborhood as Hawg, Dropkick and myself retired the trophy for the Worst Wedding Anyone Has Ever Been To.

We knew trouble was brewin' when he and his bride (many years his elder since she was his former high school teacher) and the bride's mom told him he would have no say in the planning. Here I should mention that both women are born-agains who planned a Sunday wedding but were concerned that people wouldn't want to dance on the Sabbath. Uh-oh.

Our friend said "fine" all he asked for was to have it in a place he had never been before, somewhere with a nice view. So they picked a function room everyone had been to a dozen times. A place with no windows. At night.

What we didn't know until the last minute was that the bride and her mom wanted a "dry" wedding; no booze. And no smoking even though this was the days you could smoke anywhere. The shelf behind the bar had been cleared of alcohol. And it was a cash bar for soft drinks to boot. It's hard to appreciate just how stupid a wedding is until you sit through one sober.

I found someone who had smuggled a fifth of Capt. Morgan in her purse. The groom's mom went so far as to invite people out to the makeshift bar she has set up in her car trunk. My and Hawg's other brother and his wife snuck into the wedding in the adjacent function room to sneak a smoke and a drink. When the videographer of that stranger's wedding came around, they grabbed a place setting card with the bride and groom's name on it so they could say "Congratulations, er...Peg and Tedy! Thanks for having us! We love you guys!!!"

As for our neighbor's video, it was great except none of his friends are on it. They'd all left before the videographer came around.

Worst wedding ever.

joephoto said:
....The worst experience I taped was a drunken best man who thought it was funny to walk up to a couple during the cake cutting, take both slices and smash them into the faces of both at the same time. Everyone gasped and an aunt ran up an scolded him. He spent the rest of the night outside in a car sleeping it off.

Can you give us a video of that?

Totally forgot about this wedding until the hubby mentioned it when I told him about this thread. It was so horrible I must have blocked it from my memory.

A friend of the husband got married. Both she and the groom are doctors. After the honeymoon they were moving to their new home in Alaska. :shake: Hey, to each his own. :rolleyes:

Okay, so first the friggin wedding is in Duluth, MN. So we drive up to friggin Duluth. Wedding was fine. Then we get to the reception. It was at some private club. I'll give you the place was gorgeous... I'm sure it was originally a home. It was built probably back in the 19 teens or 20s. Huge brick thing. Gorgeous. But that was the only positive thing I can say about the reception.

The dinner was neither sit down, nor buffet. Nope. The "dinner" was spread out through about 5 or 6 rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors. Each room had something different. One had your meats, one had oriental dishes, one had food I had never seen, nor heard of before, one had deserts, etc. So you're walking from room to room trying different things. Then, there were no tables set up to sit down and eat at. There were just chairs lined up against the walls of each room, which of course were all full, so we end up sitting on the stairs with a bunch of other people. Very formal wedding so there we all were sitting there on the stairs, in formal wear eating off these tiny friggin plates. What fun.

So finally it's time for dancing. They have some band (and I have to say I personally prefer a DJ to a band. I want to hear the song how it was originally done damn it), in which the members are all like 50 or older. :rolleyes: The first 5 songs neither the hubby, nor I have ever heard of, and the hubby is a music junkie. He got his degree in radio broadcast. Music is his life. And HE didn't know these songs.

Okay, so me the hubby decide the only way to make the night even a little enjoyable was to drink... a lot. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen. The hubby goes up to the bar, orders a White Zin and Jack & coke and looked at the bartender like he was insane when he was told that would be $20. That was the only round we ordered.

Since we had driven like 12 friggin hours for this friggin wedding we decided we would at least try to enjoy ourselves. At 8:30 the hubby looks at me and says we're out of there. Thank God! We went back to the hotel and spent a couple hours in the pool then went back to the room and watched movies. And THAT was the best part of the evening.

Not the worst wedding experience, but by far the funniest.

My wife and I attended a wedding in which the ceremony was held in the same Legion hall that the reception was being held. Everything was going well as the ceremony approached the climax, the exchange of vows.

Suddenly and casually, the groom's mother got up and went into the ladies room, which was right next to where the bride, groom and minister were standing. A few moments later, just as the bride was about to say "I Do", there's a sudden loud whooosh of the toilet flushing followed by the sound of the blow dryer. It was just like those moments from 'All in the Family' when someone would ask about Archie and you'd then hear the toilet flushing. A moment later, the woman casually strolls back as if nothing had happened.

I was laughing so hard, the tears were streaming down my face. And it was caught on video for the couple to enjoy for a lifetime.

Back