WTF is this ... Michael Sam Story

He's was a 7th round pick. His career highlight was sacking Johnny manziel in Preseason. So it was just a good publicity selection.

He was too sensitive apparently. Is that PC? lol.

If I remember his draft status right, wasn't he projected to be a 4th round selection because folks saw him as a tweener (no pun intended)? He was too small to be a DE and not fast enough to be a LB. But once he said he was gay, his draft stock took a nose dive but most still thought he would be drafted.
I just think he was overrated by the media because he played in the SEC and was named co-defensive player of the year. He only had one year of production (senior year), he wasn't sacking the quarterback on a consistent level (nine sacks in three games, 2.5 in the other eleven games) and he was surrounded by talented played like Kony Ealy, Shane Ray and Marcus Golden. That's three players who were picked in the first two rounds of the draft.

Add his underwhelming athleticism (a 25.5 inch vertical and 1.75 s 10-yards split shows lack of explosivness) and it's unstandable that he wasn't drafted earlier.

I just think he was overrated by the media because he played in the SEC and was named co-defensive player of the year. He only had one year of production (senior year), he wasn't sacking the quarterback on a consistent level (nine sacks in three games, 2.5 in the other eleven games) and he was surrounded by talented played like Kony Ealy, Shane Ray and Marcus Golden. That's three players who were picked in the first two rounds of the draft.

Add his underwhelming athleticism (a 25.5 inch vertical and 1.75 s 10-yards split shows lack of explosivness) and it's unstandable that he wasn't drafted earlier.

shhh it was his going public on the talk show circuit that was the issue....

what "gay agenda" are you talking about?

Let me guess the gay agenda: Everyone knows there are gays everywhere including the NFL. Their agenda may be to come freely from the closet without risk and proceed to live their lives with dignity, don't you think? That would be a gay agenda, wouldn't it??

Let me guess the gay agenda: Everyone knows there are gays everywhere including the NFL. Their agenda may be to come freely from the closet without risk and proceed to live their lives with dignity, don't you think? That would be a gay agenda, wouldn't it??

living life with dignity is a basic need/want of all people i fail to see how that makes it some kind of a "gay agenda".

Well the Gay Agenda is clear I think, they want you to be better dressed and groomed and then they want to have sex with all of you...

[Please note: The above quote was intended as sarcasm and should best be read in a stereotyped "gay" male lilt, with lots of verve and panache.]

Well the Gay Agenda is clear I think, they want you to be better dressed and groomed and then they want to have sex with all of you...

[Please note: The above quote was intended as sarcasm and should best be read in a stereotyped "gay" male lilt, with lots of verve and panache.]

Haha. Thread killer. :)

Also. My house. They want to redecorate. And I would love it.

Cheers, BostonTim

Sam is not an NFL talent.
His blaming others skills are off the charts though.

He 'came out' in college and he only did so in the pros because a reporter was going to do it for him anyway. All the Oprah crap is 100% on him.

No one wants a circus for a 7th rounder who can't play and can't even handle a month of CFL.

This isn't about 'gay'. Belichick would sign him in a second if he was going to be a 10 sack guy. This is about a no-talent player who abused his weak sauce 15 minutes of fame.

I get that Goodell is stupid enough to make this deal. I don't see the Rams going along with it. They took a flyer on a productive college player who could not cut it in the pros. I think that is what the 7th round is for in the first place.

Does it really matter. He proven he wasn't nothing but a good college player. That can't play in the CFL or NFL.

Back