Yeah, it didn't count, but...

DrewWho

Reaction score
That was a heck of a one handed catch and then going down on your butt TD throw by Brady. If that had counted, it was one for the damned Canton archives.

Box_O_Rocks on 12-10-2006 at 07:20 PM said:
Sorry, it was a bad play all around, Tommy should have known better.

Known better??? ...from where he was at could he really tell how far off it was or did he think maybe it was close to not being a forward pass? He did what he had to at least TRY to make a play. Looked good for the first few seconds anyway...

Does dismiss a great one handed catch and a pretty incredible throw, does it?

DrewWho on 12-10-2006 at 07:44 PM said:
Known better??? ...from where he was at could he really tell how far off it was or did he think maybe it was close to not being a forward pass? He did what he had to at least TRY to make a play. Looked good for the first few seconds anyway...

I expect the WRs and OL to know where they are on the field, I can't hold Tommy to a lesser standard, no question the one handed-grab was thrilling, but I was already choking out "no" as he threw, so you can imagine my anguish.

DrewWho on 12-11-2006 at 10:44 AM said:

Brady new that pass went forwards

chef on 12-10-2006 at 08:32 PM said:

Brady should have known he received a foward pass. He should have tried to run as far as he could go. Where the heck was his head today.

I hope he's not in love or something.

(This is joephoto on Karens computer in Florida).

chef on 12-10-2006 at 08:32 PM said:

Apparently, he didn't....From Brady's Post Press Conference...

On the double pass, did you see where you were on the field?
“I had no idea. I had no clue. That would have been a big play for us. That would have been nice to establish a little momentum and get some points on the board. Just as the day went, it gets nullified. Penalties. Turnovers. Negative plays. Backed up in our end. It’s just frustrating, because I think we’re better than that.”

I think Brady's QB instincts simply kicked in. He was about to get seriously clocked for a loss and his instinct was to get rid of the ball.

Instincts or not that was the only highlight for us today. And it was called back...after a very very long pause.

The PF call on Warren was bogus. But it didnt matter, It was miami's day in the spotlight.

My guess is Brady knew it was a forward pass but as someone else pointed out, he had 3 Fins players in the area and was gonna get creamed. He took a chance that it might get missed but it was pretty damn obvious even live that it was going to be a penalty.

Box_O_Rocks on 12-10-2006 at 07:20 PM said:
Sorry, it was a bad play all around, Tommy should have known better.
Faulk is the one who effed up that play. I don't blame Brady for at least trying. Sometimes the refs miss calls. And of course there's other times when the refs make up stuff that wasn't there at all (like Harrington tripping over Wilfork lying on the ground, and then calling roughing the passer).

Back