Your thoughts on how we are doing.

Could be the dumbest thing I've heard on this board. We can't put a good player out there without another good player at a differen't position.:high:
You do understand Samuel has gone to the Pro-bowl since he's been playing for another team?

I would hardly call it a dumb thing. HSanders is pointing out that if you have a gambling CB, then you need a safety playing behind him to cover up for his mistakes.

Unless you have actually heard or read something concrete, then I am on board with those who doubt the Pats would want Samuels back. He was here before and valued his contributions higher than the Pats did because they let him walk.

With his contract, it the Pats had any interest at all, I would hope it would be after he gets released.

I think BB values draft picks to much to trade one away for an overpaid gambling CB.

Personnally, I would prefer to let him remain an ex-Pat.

People do funny things when they do not have jobs.

See, that's the thing. He strikes me as a player who would rather get cut than take a paycut. And if he hits the market, he will sign fowith the highest bidder. Just my gut feeling.

See, that's the thing. He strikes me as a player who would rather get cut than take a paycut. And if he hits the market, he will sign fowith the highest bidder. Just my gut feeling.

See, I am not down on samuals like you guys are....He could have pitched a fit that year the pats franchised him and he didnt. He bet on himself and played well and did not get hurt, he deserved what he got...I cannot blame him for anything that took place, so I do not see him as this vulture like you do.

He did pitch a fit, middie. That's why the Pats had to promise him in writing that he wouldn't be tagged again so he'd sign that one.

I would hardly call it a dumb thing. HSanders is pointing out that if you have a gambling CB, then you need a safety playing behind him to cover up for his mistakes.

Unless you have actually heard or read something concrete, then I am on board with those who doubt the Pats would want Samuels back. He was here before and valued his contributions higher than the Pats did because they let him walk.

With his contract, it the Pats had any interest at all, I would hope it would be after he gets released.

I think BB values draft picks to much to trade one away for an overpaid gambling CB.

Ok they hardly let him walk, they franchised him before he left for more money, so they did like him here...they could not pay him is why he left. Thats like saying, we did not get Mario Williams because he is not that good. I am not sure what you guys think Samuals is, but he is a sight better than what we rolled out on the field last year and I am not seeing change in that unless a lot of players get better.

He did pitch a fit, middie. That's why the Pats had to promise him in writing that he wouldn't be tagged again so he'd sign that one.

He could have held out and could have took it to the media, he did not....I mean did Mankins get this beating from you? He is still on the team, he held out 10 weeks and hurt the team.

See, I am not down on samuals like you guys are....He could have pitched a fit that year the pats franchised him and he didnt. He bet on himself and played well and did not get hurt, he deserved what he got...I cannot blame him for anything that took place, so I do not see him as this vulture like you do.

I don't have hard feeling for Samuel becaue he went out and signed with the highest bidder. Maybe some hard feelings because he dropped that ball in the Super Bowl, but not because he signed that ludicrous deal with the Iggles. It's his job to play football and he deserves to get paid as much as he can. I just don't see how he would leave money on the table just for the chance to play for the Patriots again.

I don't have hard feeling for Samuels becaue he went out and signed with the highest bidder. Maybe some hard feelings because he dropped that ball in the Super Bowl, but not because he signed that ludicrous deal with the Iggles. It's his job to play football and he deserves to get paid as much as he can. I just don't see how he would leave money on the table just for the chance to play for the Patriots again.

Leave money on the table where? I can say the same about Welker...why would he leave money on the table?

Heck yes LM pissed me off with some of the stuff he said publicly. Some of it was because I was surprised he would talk that way. His agent pissed me off too. All I was doing was pointing out that Asante wasn't quiet about being tagged. And I'm betting he WOULD have held out IF the Pats hadn't promised him they wouldn't tag him. That's why they did that. Asante was always only concerned with money. That's fine,that's his right, but I don't see anything pointing to his being anything BUT that.

But I know WW will handle being tagged with class. WW is THE MAN.

Unless you have actually heard or read something concrete, then I am on board with those who doubt the Pats would want Samuels back. He was here before and valued his contributions higher than the Pats did because they let him walk.With his contract, it the Pats had any interest at all, I would hope it would be after he gets released.

So did Branch, I think some forget just how good Samuel was, and still has been with the Eagles.

Heck yes LM pissed me off with some of the stuff he said publicly. Some of it was because I was surprised he would talk that way. His agent pissed me off too. All I was doing was pointing out that Asante wasn't quiet about being tagged. And I'm betting he WOULD have held out IF the Pats hadn't promised him they wouldn't tag him. That's why they did that. Asante was always only concerned with money. That's fine,that's his right, but I don't see anything pointing to his being anything BUT that.

But I know WW will handle being tagged with class. WW is THE MAN.

Has welker signed his tag yet? How come?

He also said nothing but good things about the Patriots when he left, it could very well happen. For the right $$ and draft pick we could do alot worse.

Asante was the same Asante as he was in NE as with the Eagles. ProBowls in and of themselves are not a good way to designate how good a guy is, IMO since fans vote, players vote for their buddies and fans can stuff the ballot box. (This is how you disagree with someone BTW, no insults needed!)

Is he bitching about getting the tag? No. If he bitches, I will certainly admit I was wrong.

If he is not upset about the Tag, why has he not signed it yet? If he holds out, and does not sign it, I guess we could still say he is not bitching about it because we have no heard it from his mouth, but whats the difference, he is showing that he is upset by it.

Players hate the tag, almost to a man. I am not saying he likes it...or that he wants to play under it...just that he's not bitching and when he got hit with it all he said was that he was looking forward to being a Patriot long term.

Asante was the same Asante as he was in NE as with the Eagles. ProBowls in and of themselves are not a good way to designate how good a guy is, IMO since fans vote, players vote for their buddies and fans can stuff the ballot box. (This is how you disagree with someone BTW, no insults needed!)

I agree, and he's still far better than any CB we have on the roster now.

Players hate the tag, almost to a man. I am not saying he likes it...or that he wants to play under it...just that he's not bitching and when he got hit with it all he said was that he was looking forward to being a Patriot long term.

You do not know what is being said behind closed doors. Samuals did not go up on a podium and scream the Patriots suck either, they are not allowed to here, but not signing this thing for this long, speaks pretty loud.

Back