#18...?

O.Z.O.

Jiminy Fucking Christmas...
Reaction score
This Celtics team is on one of those rolls that could easily lead to duckboats. They remind me more of the original Big 3 than they do of the '08 team (been saying for years that I think Marcus Smart is DJ reincarnated). Let's put it this way, they've won 5 of the last 6 that I've watched, whereas for the last several years they would have been far more likely to drop 5 of 6. They crushed the Dubs in Oakland and ran Denver out of the building in Denver last night. J Tate and J Brown are starting to look like the new Splash Brothers.

This Celtics team is on one of those rolls that could easily lead to duckboats. They remind me more of the original Big 3 than they do of the '08 team (been saying for years that I think Marcus Smart is DJ reincarnated). Let's put it this way, they've won 5 of the last 6 that I've watched, whereas for the last several years they would have been far more likely to drop 5 of 6. They crushed the Dubs in Oakland and ran Denver out of the building in Denver last night. J Tate and J Brown are starting to look like the new Splash Brothers.
It's so hard to tell in the NBA, because on any given night you can't predict which players/teams are actually putting in significant effort.

That said, this Celtics team has some odd chemistry to it. Enough talent to make a lot of the top teams sweat, but I'm not sure it's enough to take down more than one of the favorites when they are motivated.

They're in a virtual tie for 3rd, half game out of the 2-seed.

I really feel they need to be the 2 of 3 seed to come out of the East. I don't think they can go on the road and beat Miami or the Bucks.

Regardless of how they finish, anything shy of the conference championship would be a big shock to me.

This team was dead in the water in December, and looked like they'd struggle to make the playoffs.

The turnaround has been astounding.

I laughed at Al Horford coming back. Now that he's allowed to just play, and not have the offense run through him like before, he's free to do what he does best, stretch the 5, and play good defense.

Marcus Smart has finally learned that passing is usually a better option than him jacking up 3s, although his shooting has been overall more consistent this year, taking fewer 3s than in the last couple of year, and hitting 33%, which for him is actually quite good. He's also hitting 50% on 2s, which speaks to him getting to the basket more, as well as getting easy shots off pick and rolls. This (plus the defense, obviously) is what Danny hoped he drafted way back in 2015.

Finally, the development of Time Lord has been astounding. I truly thought he was just a bust of a draft pick his first couple of years here, and he's turned into one of the best defensive, rim-protecting bigs in the league, and is averaging a double-double every night, as a 6'8" center. Seriously, he's only 6'8".

The most important thing here though, as the team has bought into Ime Udoka as the coach, after spending the last couple of years tuning out Brad Stephens, who, also surprisingly, seems to have made some really good depth moves as a GM.

I don't know if they can keep up this pace, winning 21 of 24, against some of the best the NBA has to offer, but it's nice to watch this team finally, finally develop after all of the waiting and the Kyrie failures and all the rest.

This team was dead in the water in December, and looked like they'd struggle to make the playoffs.

The turnaround has been astounding.

I laughed at Al Horford coming back. Now that he's allowed to just play, and not have the offense run through him like before, he's free to do what he does best, stretch the 5, and play good defense.

Marcus Smart has finally learned that passing is usually a better option than him jacking up 3s, although his shooting has been overall more consistent this year, taking fewer 3s than in the last couple of year, and hitting 33%, which for him is actually quite good. He's also hitting 50% on 2s, which speaks to him getting to the basket more, as well as getting easy shots off pick and rolls. This (plus the defense, obviously) is what Danny hoped he drafted way back in 2015.

Finally, the development of Time Lord has been astounding. I truly thought he was just a bust of a draft pick his first couple of years here, and he's turned into one of the best defensive, rim-protecting bigs in the league, and is averaging a double-double every night, as a 6'8" center. Seriously, he's only 6'8".

The most important thing here though, as the team has bought into Ime Udoka as the coach, after spending the last couple of years tuning out Brad Stephens, who, also surprisingly, seems to have made some really good depth moves as a GM.

I don't know if they can keep up this pace, winning 21 of 24, against some of the best the NBA has to offer, but it's nice to watch this team finally, finally develop after all of the waiting and the Kyrie failures and all the rest.
This dude is the new Worm. Always loved guys like Rodman, Perk and now the Time Lord.

Sir Charles is a breed all his own. He's the Time Lord with a 25 PPG scoring average.
And I remember well, way way way back when, when Julius said something like if Charles didn't lose weight he'd be gone shortly ?

Cheers, BostonTim

And I remember well, way way way back when, when Julius said something like if Charles didn't lose weight he'd be gone shortly ?

Cheers, BostonTim
Moses Malone called him fat and lazy and he cried. Grew (or rather, shrank) into one of my all time favorite players.

Cheers, BostonTim
I remember that.

I don't watch much basketball these days but I do like watching Marcus Smart (Mr Hustle) and Tatum play. And who is this Time Lord of which you guys speak?

I don't watch much basketball these days but I do like watching Marcus Smart (Mr Hustle) and Tatum play. And who is this Time Lord of which you guys speak?
Robert Williams

Back