2011 draft -- Pro-Day reports

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/14/source-taiwan-jones-runs-4-33-at-thursday-pro-day/

Taiwan runs a 4.33. Fast little dude; he should be a very explosive change of pace back.

And from espn

One of the final pro day workouts of the pre-draft season occurred on Thursday, as Eastern Washington running back Taiwan Jones had his opportunity to show off in a controlled environment before the big weekend on Apr. 28-30. Based on the numbers we've been seeing from a variety of reports coming from the event, it appears that whichever team winds up drafting him will be getting quite an explosive athlete.
Adam Caplan of Fox Sports had a source at the event, who passed along word that Jones ran between a 4.29 and 4.35 in the 40-yard dash, broad-jumped 11 feet (better than any RB prospect did at the NFL combine) and had a vertical of 39.5 inches (which would've been third amongst RBs at the combine).
Luckily for Jones, the event was well-attended, as 27 of 32 teams were represented, according to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area.
Jones has been linked to a number of different teams, and his performance Thursday will certainly do nothing to dissuade the teams that were considering him this spring.
- Tim Kavanagh
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

The link in Chev's quote above for Maoicco led to this tweet: At pro day of Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones, where 27 NFL teams are represented. Only Jaguars, Jets, Chargers, Ravens, Vikings not here
5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

The link in Chev's quote above for Maoicco led to this tweet: At pro day of Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones, where 27 NFL teams are represented. Only Jaguars, Jets, Chargers, Ravens, Vikings not here
5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

And Jones says 'You love me. You really really love me!'

From that same site

<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">Taiwan Jones Draft Journal #5- April 15 </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" width="100%" align="right"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> Written by Admin </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="createdate" valign="top"> Saturday, 16 April 2011 01:33 </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top">
RB TAIWAN JONES, EASTERN WASHINGTON</pre>
JOURNAL 5– APRIL 15, 2011</pre>
Dear Journal,

I thought the pro day went well. There was a big turnout for me with 27 teams showing up. I didn’t feel nervous or anything. I was kind of comfortable because I have been doing the drills for a while now. I was happy with how I moved seeing how I moved in the drills. I did notice that I got a little bit fatigued at the end. I was kind of upset that I got a 39 on the vertical. I was hoping that I left no doubts I could run a 4.2 so I am kind of upset with the official times in the 4.3s.

I pretty much only did running back drills changing direction. They wanted to see how I move. I know I can do better when I am fully healthy. I am just happy I was able to do it. It was my first time since before the injury. Position drills were ran by the 49ers and Raiders position coaches. I really appreciate those guys too because they did a good job of setting a good pace where I could keep my breath. I didn’t get a chance to ask and see who all came but the 49ers, Raiders, and Chiefs position coaches were there. The Chiefs threw passes to me. There were a lot of people and I didn’t get to see everyone so I’m not sure if any GMs were there.

Before the pro day I talked to Detroit, Kansas City, and Philadelphia again. After the pro day I talked to Cincinnati. I talked to majority of them on the field.

I have visits with Miami, Carolina, San Francisco, and Oakland coming up. There are some teams who might decide to bring me in late as well.

For the most part I thought it was a pretty good and again I wanted to leave no doubt to everybody I could run 4.2s and that I could get a 41 on the vertical so that was the only things I was upset about. Overall I thought it was a pretty good day. I was happy.

Talk to you after my visits.

Thanks

Taiwan Jones

</td></tr></tbody></table>

From that same site
Oakland, always there when there's pure speed involved. Miami and Carolina are RB needy. SF must be also because Tom Rathman, their RB coach, has been reported leading RB workouts on more than one occasion. You posted a report with a link in it from a 49er's beat reporter which identified the teams attending, so we know NE at least had a scout there - we'll see if Ivan Fears makes a trip west for a workout or more likely the kid gets one of the Gillette dance cards for a full medical check.

Back