2012 Official Crock Pot Classics Thread

Pyxis

First one at MY house
Reaction score
Ok, peeps. The season has officially begun, so we have to talk about food, food and more food to go with our spirits and football.

I have three crock pots this year, so I plan on using them as much as possible.

The catagories we need to develop are:

1. Appetizers

2. Main course

3. Side dishes

4. Desserts

I've never done a dessert in one. I'm thinking of cobbler. Blueberry cobbler.

So, get busy, football fans! Let's fill this baby up!

:pyx:

I'm lazy. I put a bunch of meatballs and sauce in the crock and eat them all day, along with many bud lights....sorry Bab's.

I love this thread idea. I got a crock pot and have been thinking of stuff to try. Of course I've only tried a couple of things so far and never measured anything I just eye balled it and guessed on what flavors would work best together :shrug:

I want to cook my pulled pork again soon so this time I will pay attention to what I am doing and write it down so I can share :)

Here is one recipe that I love and is always a BIG hit especially on football Sundays!

You can adjust this to the size of your crock pot.

Cut up into small pieces 2 to 3 kielbasa packages. Put them in the crock pot.

Add brown sugar to the top (I prefer light but you can use any kind) I usually will sprinkle a little in the middle of all the kielbasa and then top it off on top and have it covered. a small bag is plenty.

Add a can of pineapple chunks juice and a small jar of maraschino cherries (juice as well)

Also add a good squirt of ketchup and yellow mustard.

Let this cook until the sugar is in liquid form. Make sure you stir it once in a while.

That is all :) Enjoy!

I remember your idea from a couple of years ago, TBL. Thanks!:thumb:

tehrick......really? Bud light?:shake:

I mean

my recipe is whatever my wife cooks me in it? :D

The bud light reminded me of another recipe I tried on a whim.

I made it with kielbasa as well but I think it was would awesome with chicken wings.

2 jars of Ah so sauce and 4 jars sweet and sour sauce with a can of beer.

It was DELICIOUS!

The next thing you'll try and tell me is that olives are good.

Beef Stew (my mom's version)

It's very light and tasty but again I don't have specific measurements.

First I take the meat. I like to get the stewing beef at stop n shop. I brown it up in a pan with some pam spray maaaybe just a tiny bit of olive oil as well. It adds some tenderness to the meat.

Then I add the meat to the crock pot. With it I put a can of the peeled tomatoes. You can use the tomato sauce but I have tried both and found the peeled whole tomatoes to be the tastiest. Add some baby carrots, green beans, and cut up potatoes. I drizzle some olive oil over it and add my seasonings. Mine consist of onion powder, a very small amount of cinnamon, some oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

All the times I have made this I have put it together right before bed and then left it on overnight on low.

Back