2013 UNIT REVIEWS: DL Core

The opening post asked what move to make for DL core

I'd say bring back Pryor -that is what this team needs an interior pass rush. I'd like to say go#1 for a VW replacement but don't think it can/will happen this year.

Later on pick a Pryor type DT maybe Jordon Hill from Penn State
Can't have too much pass rush. Either So we would be adding a Pryor type plus A. Aarmstead.

We also may have some good connections with Penn State.

The opening post asked what move to make for DL core

I'd say bring back Pryor -that is what this team needs an interior pass rush. I'd like to say go#1 for a VW replacement but don't think it can/will happen this year.

Later on pick a Pryor type DT maybe Jordon Hill from Penn State
Can't have too much pass rush. Either So we would be adding a Pryor type plus A. Aarmstead.

We also may have some good connections with Penn State.

Pryor was looking pretty good a few years ago and appeared to have put on some muscle and was ready to get regular rotational snaps, but certainly hadn't proved himself much.

The last two years have been almost entirely IR for him. I don't think we should count on Pryor for anything. I've gotta think he is just about done here, but that isn't a sure thing.

Pryor was looking pretty good a few years ago and appeared to have put on some muscle and was ready to get regular rotational snaps, but certainly hadn't proved himself much.

The last two years have been almost entirely IR for him. I don't think we should count on Pryor for anything. I've gotta think he is just about done here, but that isn't a sure thing.

Yeah you start forgetting these guys are still on the team. It sucks, but a few injuries can make a team move on pretty quick.

UPDATE regarding Pryor:

According to Reiss, since Pryor was never activated off PUP in 2012, his contract tolls into 2013 at $715k. Imagine sitting on your butt for two years and not only getting hundreds of thousands in compensation but automatic triple-digit raises to boot!

Probably doesn't matter a huge amount. They could still let him go before 3/12 for the cap savings, or keep him around to see what he's got in OTAs.

In any case, that makes the current UNIT CAP HIT for 2013 closer to $14.3M (was $13.6M in the original post).

Back