2014 Pre Season Game 4: NY Giants - The Garoppolo Game

that surprises you? It's easy to see why. When those weapons returned opposing teams knee they were better skilled, more dangerous, and likely significantly higher options in Bradys progressions. Lessen the coverage on Aaron and it's not surprising his production went up a bit.

No, it doesn't, but it isn't consistent with your "forced" argument. You can't say his numbers are inflated because he was forced the ball due to lack of receiving options and that his numbers are inflated because NE had lots of other weapons. You can't have it both ways.

As for this game, the only way Boyce makes the roster is if Bequette shared his incriminating photos of Bill with him. He is terrible. (Though Bequette actually looked a little frisky for once).

Oh, and someone is going to have to tell me why White was a media sensation for a week there. He consistently gets about half of the yardage available and goes down at first contact. Not seeing it with him.

I hope BB is better with that new fangled tablet than with his car clock. Tee hee.

Thanks P-(Shoulder) for the stream link, only caught the 2nd half but still much better than being stuck watching the Fish/Jax/Bucs scrubs playing.

tough loss by the Pats tonight...

Better luck next time...:coffee:

I hope BB is better with that new fangled tablet than with his car clock. Tee hee.

Thanks P-(Shoulder) for the stream link, only caught the 2nd half but still much better than being stuck watching the Fish/Jax/Bucs scrubs playing.

My pleasure! You can always find a few streams at http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/32-NFL-CFL-AFL? , the The Hoodie usually posts a greater variety of links

Just got home and looking at stats....WTF happened with the run game....We did nothing and looks like they ran all over our asses

So, is White in danger at this point? Cutting your 4th round pick seems like a pretty major failure, but at this point I'm not sure I'd rather have him than either Gray or Finch. Who is the highest draft pick in recent memory that got cut his rookie season?

Probably 5th rounder Lee Smith a few years back. There was also a 5th round LB who quit early in camp back around 2005. I can't recall any 4th rounders who were cut in their first year, but there may have been an IR who was let go a year later.

And here I thought he was too slow, soft, couldn't fight for the ball...

Easy tiger.

Take away the nice work on the one TD play and he was 2 receptions on 8 targets for 24 yds, with a couple of drive killing drops sprinkled in.

Great focus and attention on the TD tho.

So, is White in danger at this point? Cutting your 4th round pick seems like a pretty major failure, but at this point I'm not sure I'd rather have him than either Gray or Finch. Who is the highest draft pick in recent memory that got cut his rookie season?

A 4th round DT out of Miami was cut in 2007 but that draft was super weak.

DL Kareem Brown, who was only the 2nd Patriots pick that year. Waived in November and claimed by the Jets. The same year they waived 5th round OL Clint Oldenburg who spent a little time on the PS before signing with the Jets.

Probably 5th rounder Lee Smith a few years back. There was also a 5th round LB who quit early in camp back around 2005. I can't recall any 4th rounders who were cut in their first year, but there may have been an IR who was let go a year later.

5th round TE Lee Smith in 2011 is indeed the highest draft pick cut before his rookie season in recent years. Among the 'IRed as a Rookie, then cut the following year' crowd I'd mention 5th round OL George Bussey in 2009.

RBs

I thought White showed a tiny bit more spark last night rushing. He also went 2/2 receiving with one of those going for 29 yds. I doubt that he's gone quite yet.

Gray fought hard, as usual, but couldn't get anything going. - CUT
Finch probably had his least impressive performance. - CUT

McCuller, meanwhile, quietly converted both short-yardage plays he was given. He also got a solo ST tackle. This on top of his 3/3 receiving (32 yds and a TD) and some solid ST work last week. I'd really like to see the Pats find a way to keep this guy around.

After the game he probably has one of the assistants clean off all the magic marker lines. :insane:

I'm definitely not saying BB is dumb. Just very oldschool.

RECEIVERS

Thompkins caught 5/6. Wright caught 4/6. Tyms 2/2. Maneri 1/1. White 2/2.

Dobson was 3/9 with a couple drops and maybe one other he should have gotten to. I'll make that a "rusty" write off.

Boyce was 2/9 - CUT
Gallon was 2/4. Maybe rust, but he really didn't look like he knew where to be half the time. PSQ, hopefully.

Finch 1/3 and he probably should have had one other. - PSQ, maybe.
(BTW - I hope Gray can clear through to the PSQ. I think there's some very good potential there.)

OT. We're all ready for some football over here in Dublin.:thumb:

Penn State v UCF tomorrow in Croke Park.

There are tens of thousands of US fans in the streets, great atmosphere building for the game.

BwNIGwnCUAA3y4q.jpg:large

DEFENSE

Ebner is one tough SOB. On the play where he got rocked back by Andre Williams' nice stiff-arm (on the long run), Ebner recovered and caught back up within about 10 yards to make the TD-saving tackle. He finished with 11 TT/8 solo. Also not terrible in coverage. I think he's more than ST-only now.

Tavon Wilson is another toughguy and was decent in coverage for the second straight week (though he wasn't asked to do a lot of it).

Browner is pretty decent in run-D. Not great, but seems very willing.

Dax Swanson certainly made the most of his limited field time - 6 TT/5 solo, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 1 FF that he recovered himself. PSQ keeper if he clears.

Moore was kinda quietly good - 8TT/5 solo and a sack, working mostly from the interior that I saw.
Worthy was extremely inconsistent. I'd cut him, save the pick, and try to get him back on the PSQ. If he doesn't get there, meh.

Bequette was a shock as an OLB - 7 TT/6 solo, a sack, a TFL and 2 QB hits. And decent on ST. Too little, too late, but I'd hold a PSQ spot for him now, anyway (I wouldn't have before last week).

Beauharnais has looked much better the past couple weeks, as has Ja'Gared Davis. I'm guessing that Morris ends up on IR now, so Beau and Davis are probably the #4/#5 LBs and there's probably no point in keeping Chris White.

Fleming was also solid. Both he and Buchanan set the edges well. Hope Buchanan's ankle isn't too bad. Fleming should be an adequate relief guy for the end of the line, though.

Run-D looks awful on the stat sheet. But, take away Andre Williams' one breakout run (thanks to Worthy), and they held him to 6 yards on 4 carries and the Giants rushing attack to a 3.8 ypa. It should also be noted that the Giants ran the ball 37 times and passed only 23 times - with 10 completions - and the Pats' defensive scrubs held Eli and the Giants 1s on offense scoreless (Eli went 1/4, zero yards). That may be somewhat faint praise, though. Nassib has looked better than Eli for a couple-three games now, and I beginning to wonder if Coughlin might not make a QB switch if they start the season with a losing streak (@DET, ARZ, HOU, @WAS).

Back