2019 AFC Wildcard Round - Titans @Patriots

Dorsett and Sanu really stank all season didn't they. Just zero separation.

Hard to see how Dorsett and Sanu will be here next season.

Maybe with other things around them, but yeah these guys are pretty easy to cover even when they were doubling Edelman.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

He doesn’t usually.

G takes pride in his wardrobe

McCourty isnt wearing Pats gear either. lol....I had to go back and look at other press conferences. Never noticed what they were wearing.

BB the GM seriously failed this franchise this year. It's almost inconceivable to me that BB could have fielded a roster totally devoid of NFL talent @ outside WR, @ TE, and @ both returner spots.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Both are JAG's and always have been. It's mindblowing to me that BB wasted a 2nd on Sanu.

I for the life of me will never understand ANYBODYS reasoning that Phillip Dorsett is in any way a capable or dependable NFL WR especially the coaching staffs. He literally was never a true factor or dependable player neither as WR #2 of WR #4 or even #5 wether it be the coaches and or Tom not playing him or just him not being very good, I for the life of me can not understand why has he been seemingly important but not really ever produce much of anything other then a hand full of plays in his career.

Sanu was so hyped up after the trade and literally couldn’t have been a bigger disappointment. He better get another shot after giving up a 2nd rounder for him and having him under contract for another season (or 2?) especially after Dorsett was given so much time.

Here hoping to a literal revamp on offense from both player personnel to coaches, hopefully McDaniel’s leaves and we get a new fresh offense that really produces consistently like with what happened with the defense after Patricia left.

Looks like I will be getting my window seat back on the band wagon.

We would never been better off keeping Patterson. At least Bolden would have never returned a kick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well, you know, when they lost that last Miami game at Gillette, how high could realistic expectations be? They tried, but they didn't have alot of offensive talent, unfortunately.

Good season, 12-4, competitive in the playoff game, until the last few minutes.

I went to two games, Giants and Bills, and the Patriots won both. That was very satisfying.

The litany of weird stuff this season was seemingly never-ending! But I can't complain- they just came off another Lombardi Trophy season.

p.s. I'm happy for Vrabel-he's his own man, but he helped us win three championships. And that Henry is a beast this year. Vrabel's an excellent head coach.

I for the life of me will never understand ANYBODYS reasoning that Phillip Dorsett is in any way a capable or dependable NFL WR especially the coaching staffs. He literally was never a true factor or dependable player neither as WR #2 of WR #4 or even #5 wether it be the coaches and or Tom not playing him or just him not being very good, I for the life of me can not understand why has he been seemingly important but not really ever produce much of anything other then a hand full of plays in his career.
I never did get it either. Dorsett proved conclusively to be what he is and has always been ... a career JAG whose only redeeming quality as a Patriot was that he and Brady were "on the same page" .... ultimately proven true "by default" due to the fact that everyone else was equally putrid ........

I never did get it either. Dorsett proved conclusively to be what he is and has always been ... a career JAG whose only redeeming quality as a Patriot was that he and Brady were "on the same page" .... ultimately proven true "by default" due to the fact that everyone else was equally putrid ........
I think the only reason they were on the same page is because Phil-Do only ran 4 routes. On the rare occasion they worked, but mostly not.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, if they lose, I won't be too down. They don't look interested in winning anything this year. Eh...

I actually hope that the Tits go to the superbowl. They're always sleepers. They're not terrible. They're not amazing, but, if they win, I wouldn't mind it.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

She's clearing her throat now...

:coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

If I were Brady I'd leave as a FA

Babooshka will try to get Brady back...this I'm positive of.

So, don't be surprised if Babooshka and BB get into it...again.

The '06 team had a lead in the AFC Championship game with 2 minutes to go.

This team was much, much worse than '06.

Yeah, this team was more similar to the 09 team. Much better defense, but terrible offense especially once Welker went down.

I just see it as pure arrogance by BB. You let Gronk's replacement go to the Saints. You pick up Brown only to drop him two games later. You give up a 2nd for a mediocre receiver in Sanu. You don't bring an adequate replacement at LT, pinning all your hopes to an unproven, injury stricken rookie. You put a turnslide as his replacement when he inevitably goes down.

Maybe he thought the defense would dominate all season long. Maybe he thought Brady would make miracles. I don't know. But I feel like he couldn't have fielded a less prepared offense to attempt a repeat.

I'd love if Brady's last game wasn't this abortion of a game and he comes back for one more, but then again without McDaniels he would have to start over with another coordinator. BB would need to make some great signings to lure Brady back for another year, but given the amount of free agents that need to be re-signed I doubt that's even an option.

I selfishly hope if Brady comes back it's only with the Pats, but if he really does still plan to play until he's 45, it might more than likely be elsewhere.

I cant be mad, he has been the man for so long.

Edelman kicks ass! He's hurt. Brady's hurt. Shitty play calling. No help on offense. I think we all seen this coming...but, wanted the magic to happen.

I blame Giselle!!!! Her witch spells didn't work this year... :harumph:

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Yeah, this team was more similar to the 09 team. Much better defense, but terrible offense especially once Welker went down.

I just see it as pure arrogance by BB. You let Gronk's replacement go to the Saints. You pick up Brown only to drop him two games later. You give up a 2nd for a mediocre receiver in Sanu. You don't bring an adequate replacement at LT, pinning all your hopes to an unproven, injury stricken rookie. You put a turnslide as his replacement when he inevitably goes down.

Maybe he thought the defense would dominate all season long. Maybe he thought Brady would make miracles. I don't know. But I feel like he couldn't have fielded a less prepared offense to attempt a repeat.

I'd love if Brady's last game wasn't this abortion of a game and he comes back for one more, but then again without McDaniels he would have to start over with another coordinator. BB would need to make some great signings to lure Brady back for another year, but given the amount of free agents that need to be re-signed I doubt that's even an option.

I selfishly hope if Brady comes back it's only with the Pats, but if he really does still plan to play until he's 45, it might more than likely be elsewhere.

Brady needs to go...maybe with McD. Or, Gronk.

BB needs to tank for Shaggy...I would. Tank. Get rid of all the bad contracts. Hit reset. If not Shaggy, perhaps Stidham is much better than expected.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

You really do care too much about what others think.

I’ll agree that I’m the least upset I’ve been at a playoff loss in quite some time. I don’t think anyone should be shocked they lost tonight. Always disappointing but this one won’t sting long.

Hopefully BB can clean up this roster quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pissed for like...a few minutes. I'm over it now. It is what it is. This current roster sucks ass. It just does.

6 rings is fucking awesome though!!!!!!

Time to hit reset...

Sanu sucks ass...what a waste of a 2nd rounder. It's almost like Goodell forced BB to do it as a forfeit. SMH

What is the future with you guys? I am a Titans fan, not here to gloat, but here being realistic. You guys won that exact game back in the day (thanks to Drew Bennett dropping an easily catchable pass). Brady can still sling it when he has time, but under pressure at all he looks old, so has age caught up to you guys? Need to get a Corey Dillon-esque back and let Brady be a game manager? Or has age caught up with him?

What is the future with you guys? I am a Titans fan, not here to gloat, but here being realistic. You guys won that exact game back in the day (thanks to Drew Bennett dropping an easily catchable pass). Brady can still sling it when he has time, but under pressure at all he looks old, so has age caught up to you guys? Need to get a Corey Dillon-esque back and let Brady be a game manager? Or has age caught up with him?

Congrats!

I had a bad feeling about this game...

I think that it's time to hit reset...Brady is done in my opinion. He's the GOAT, but, it's time to move on.

Henry is a wrecking/ball of a runningback. WOW!

I think your team could go to the superbowl as a sleeper.

Congrats!

I think that it's time to hit reset...Brady is done in my opinion. He's the GOAT, but, it's time to move on.

I think he is done too. He certainly misses Gronk or even Moss from back in the day where he had a guy that could just take over. But even in saying that, he used to pick defenses apart with David Givens, Troy Brown, and Bethel Johnsons of the world, and I dont think he can do that anymore with that type of mid or lower tier receiver. Brady is certainly the best of all time, so no hate or troll I promise, but I do wonder what direction you guys are doing next year.

I like the Titans alot too and think they can make a run. Next week is going to be tough. But just like nobody has figured out Lamar, nobody has figured out Henry either. And, the Ravens D is good, but I expect the Titans passing game to be much next week than they were against you guys.

I think he is done too. He certainly misses Gronk or even Moss from back in the day where he had a guy that could just take over. But even in saying that, he used to pick defenses apart with David Givens, Troy Brown, and Bethel Johnsons of the world, and I dont think he can do that anymore with that type of mid or lower tier receiver. Brady is certainly the best of all time, so no hate or troll I promise, but I do wonder what direction you guys are doing next year.

I like the Titans alot too and think they can make a run. Next week is going to be tough. But just like nobody has figured out Lamar, nobody has figured out Henry either. And, the Ravens D is good, but I expect the Titans passing game to be much next week than they were against you guys.

A Corey Dillon type runner would kick ass! Michel is only good with a good oline and fullback!

The Pats front seven defense...sucks ass! It's really bad vs the run.

I actually want your team to go all the way. They're the ultimate sleeper team. You're not getting the respect that you should be getting. Even the Bills are getting more respect. It would be awesome imo.

I don't know. Go watch some highlights from our 6 superbowl wins? Seriously though. Brady can't sling much when nobody can get open. He can handle pressure when someone can get a bit of seperation, some separation. When you cannot do that, I dont care how old you are. I dont know what he is going to do, or what the team will do, but unless you fix that, everyone is going to look old. I think Brady like any Qb has to have things around them. His arm is fine, hell his movement in the pocket is fine, I think he went to some bad habits this year because I am not sure who he trusted or if he was just trying to not turn the ball over.

So to answer your question, who knows, but the playcalling sucked, and I am not sure about the players on the offense. Unlike some others, I still think the D is fine, if we had some playmakers I think its a different game no matter what Henry does, but that has to get better. Gronk was a good player and he is missed, but when you replace him with nothing, thats not a good thing. They had nothing at TE. Poor Edelman liked to have killed himself because he was really the only guy that could get open.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Congrats!

If you dont get some guys that can get some separation, its not going to matter who you put at QB.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Going through OC's has not been that big of an issue. I am not sure McDaniels would be some monumental loss.

Back