A Choke of quite epic proportions!

The Chiefs are kind of screwed heading into next season with their roster/cap situation. It will leave the door wide open for Buffalo to get the top seed in the conference. The Bengals seem way ahead of schedule making it to the Super Bowl. I don't see them going on a run of AFCCG appearances just yet.

And Colin Cowherd really sauid that Andy Reid is up there now with Bill Belichick??

He needs to be ridiculed for this.

COLIN COWHERD: 'THERE'S AN ARGUMENT FOR ANDY REID BEING THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME' I THE HERD​

Andy Reid has led the Kansas City Chiefs to yet another round of playoffs, and Colin Cowherd wonders if we've been bestowing the GOAT status on the right coach. When comparing Reid's last 10 years in the league to that of Bill Belichick, Colin says it's arguable that Reid could be the better of the two.​

Not if his OL can't protect him. He was sacked 9 times last week against the Titans. They need to fix that OL.
Thats the scary part imo. They are this good with a big flaw. They will work on that for next season, and can get a lot better.

Watching Joe Burrow bust those tackles and run for first downs was something to behold, dude is as tough as nails and Cincy should be super stoked to have that kid as their QB. A lot of pundits are comparing him to TFB but I don't see it, TFB never ran for first downs like he does or was able to break free from potential sacks, it was an epic performance.

With Brady out of the picture Scott Kacsmar has new targets to go after.
This time it's Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan he puts under his critical microscope.
A worthy read if laughing at Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan is your thing. I enjoyed this immensely.

Two rematches. Two painfully familiar postseason outcomes for the teams on the losing side.

For the first time in 56 seasons of the Super Bowl era, we will have a Super Bowl without a team that seeded higher than fourth. The Rams and Bengals were both No. 4 seeds that spent very little time – if any in Cincinnati’s case – in the spotlight as the teams to beat this year.

But now they are all that’s left after erasing double-digit deficits in the second half. For Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid, this is becoming old hat.

Of the five blown leads of 18-plus points in the NFL playoffs since 2013, Reid’s Chiefs have lost three of them and were the winning team in a fourth game against Houston (down 24-0 in 2019). The only other such game was of course Super Bowl LI, where as offensive coordinator of the Falcons, Shanahan infamously called doomed passes with a big lead in the fourth quarter. It has started a string of three postseasons where Shanahan’s teams have been bounced after leading by double digits in the fourth quarter and never scoring again.

This sets up a Super Bowl between two quarterbacks drafted No. 1 overall by the Lions and Bengals (11 years apart). It may be the last outcome I wanted to see out of the four possibilities, but if this is what the post-Tom Brady NFL is going to look like, I’m sure I will learn to love it.

View: https://twitter.com/ScottKacsmar/status/1488024495487172610?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1488024495487172610%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaptaincomeback.blog%2F2022%2F01%2F31%2Fnfl-stat-oddity-championship-sunday%2F

Watching Joe Burrow bust those tackles and run for first downs was something to behold, dude is as tough as nails and Cincy should be super stoked to have that kid as their QB. A lot of pundits are comparing him to TFB but I don't see it, TFB never ran for first downs like he does or was able to break free from potential sacks, it was an epic performance.
Agree. Different style.

Reid and Shanahan are both innovative offensive coordinators. Reid's accomplishments suggest he's also a very good HC. KC's loss yesterday falls mostly on Mahomes. Shanahan's failures are directly related to Garoppolo's limitations.

Patriots lost an 18 point lead in 2006 to the Colts.
In a game they had no business playing in. By the end of that season Jabar Gaffney was Brady's best receiver. Belichick had the immortal Eric Alexander trying to cover Dallas Clark. He couldn't. The defense got wrecked in the second half.

Back