AMC announces plans for new Walking Dead series.

Alk

Reaction score
And ummm yeah. If somebody would kindly move this to the correct forum. nutpunch

I was reading about this yesterday at DBSTalk, it sounds like a great idea. I can't wait

I also read this yesterday. I will watch to see if they have another hit on their hands. My husband and son do read the books. I started but have not caught up.
I am with you about Daryl. He is by far my favorite character even if is not in the book.

Meh. I thought The Walking Dead started out OK but really went downhill in seasons 2 and 3.

Brought to you by Paranoid Android, Tapatalk and my HTC One

Well the characters are so poorly written that most of the time I spent watching the show involved me rooting for various people to die (ex. DALE!).

Low Winter Sun has been very good thus far also.

I am recording it but haven't started watching yet. Still trying to catch up on Breaking Bad but I'm only towards the end of Season 3 right now. I'm also recording Sleepy Hollow. It started last night.

Well the characters are so poorly written that most of the time I spent watching the show involved me rooting for various people to die (ex. DALE!).

Yes except Dale :)

Low Winter Sun has been very good thus far also.

I like it but man I have to pay serious attention when i watch it or I could get lost.

No No No... one of my few joys watching after S1 was waiting for Dale to get ripped apart.

For me Carl and his mom. I know I know... still Carl and his mom.

That's the problem though, and exactly why the show is mediocre. The characters are all terrible and uninteresting. You don't really care about any of them, because they are either poorly written or they die before you really get to know them.

The show was a lot more interesting in the first season, when there was still potential storylines related to the actual zombies and source of the crisis. Ever since the group left the CDC, the show has gone downhill because it was tried to become a character-driven soap opera with a team of writers who just don't cut it. Some episodes are so insanely boring because absolutely nothing happens. In fact, even on a macro level nothing happens. The group just does random things while waiting for what? There are plenty of character driven shows on TV that can make due with less-than-stellar stories, but (IMO) The Walking Dead isn't one of them.

As much as I enjoyed S1 and the initial potential of the show, I felt like S2-3 were huge steps backwards and I'm not even sure I'll bother with S4.

That's the problem though, and exactly why the show is mediocre. The characters are all terrible and uninteresting. You don't really care about any of them, because they are either poorly written or they die before you really get to know them.

The show was a lot more interesting in the first season, when there was still potential storylines related to the actual zombies and source of the crisis. Ever since the group left the CTC, the show has gone downhill because it was tried to become a character-driven soap opera with a team of writers who just don't cut it. Some episodes are so insanely boring because absolutely nothing happens. In fact, even on a macro level nothing happens. The group just does random things while waiting for what? There are plenty of character driven shows on TV that can make due with less-than-stellar stories, but (IMO) The Walking Dead isn't one of them.

As much as I enjoyed S1 and the initial potential of the show, I felt like S2-3 were huge steps backwards and I'm not even sure I'll bother with S4.

I so agree it is getting less and less interesting as the seasons pile up.

Daryl keeps me going even though I know he is not in the orginal books.

Back