Andy Reid says there was headset issues in Gillette

Haha

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I called it my fellow Cheetriots.

All I know is that the Patriots are going to the AFCCG, again!!!

:)

You do know who controls all headset communications at the stadium, right?

He probably still thinks that 11 of 12 balls were at least 2 PSI low and that Brady destroyed his cell phone to hide evidence.

The misquoted him. He actually said "place sets", not headsets.

"... So many problms, I don't even know where to start..."

"What? What's wrong?"

"This."

Andy picks up a sandwich.

"Look... this, this miniature bread. It's like... I've been working with this now for about half an hour. I can't figure it out. Let's say I want a bite, right, you've got this..."

He holds up the sandwich for the media's inspection.

"You'd like bigger bread?"

"Exactly! I don't understand how..."

"You could fold it though."

"Well, no, then it's half the size..."

"Not the bread. You could fold the meat."

Andy tears the sandwich in half.

"Yeah, but then it, then it...breaks apart like this."

The media tries to demonstrate a method.

"No, you put it on the bread like this..."

"But then, if you keep folding it, it keeps breaking..."

"Why do you keep folding it?"

Andy stares down at the crumbled remnants of the sandwich, then tries folding it again.

"And then you... everything has to be folded, and then it's..."

He keeps folding.

" This. And I don't want this ."

Disgusted, he hurls the sandwich to the floor.

"I want large bread!"

I'll bet he also would prefer if when they were trying to get a first down they went to 11.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Reid also said before the game that it happens at every stadium, and its not more of an issue in Foxboro than anywhere else.

By why should facts get in the way of sensationalism.

Fans of teams that lose to the Patriots are always looking for some excuse so they don't have to give the Patriots credit.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Here's the quote from the Globe.

By Henry McKenna @McKennAnalysis

Boston.com Staff | 01.13.16 | 12:47 PM

Andy Reid won’t let the possibility of headset issues distract him from getting a 12th consecutive victory. While there were headset malfunctions during the Patriots-Steelers season opener, the Kansas City Chiefs coach will focus on the Patriots players, not the team’s supposed off-field antics for which the Patriots are infamous.

“You worry about all that, that’s not how you win the game, right? You concentrate on getting better at your fundamentals, techniques and those great players you’ve got to play against,” Reid said Tuesday. “All that other stuff—distraction.” (OPT Maybe he should have added clock management to that list)

Since the Steelers’ complaints, opposing teams have been mum about headset issues. But the league, on the whole, hasn’t been—during the wild card round, the Seattle Seahawks had problems in Minnesota against the Vikings.

“Listen, I don’t worry about all that stuff,” Reid said. “I don’t get into all that. I’ve played over there [at Foxboro] so many times and we used to play up there every year in the preseason, during the season.

“I mean, sometimes there’s a problem. When I was in Green Bay, we had a problem with it there. We had it at home, and the away team had it. Played New York, it was the same way both sides, and sometimes that stuff happens. We’ve just got to get ready to play a good football team.”

Bill Belichick wasn’t sure how effective opponent’s headsets have been this season.

“You’d have to ask the other teams that use them,” Belichick said Tuesday. “I’d say every week, home or away, it’s not uncommon for something to come up. There are a lot of different systems now that each team has on the sideline, so between all of them there’s usually something that needs to be adjusted or do something with, I don’t know.”

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said losing headset function was “always the case” when traveling to Foxboro. Reid, however, said he’s never had those issue at Gillette Stadium.

Reid added: “I mean, I’ve heard of things happening, but I haven’t had any of those problems.”

Back