Another Raven Thread with Gobs of Numbers

Care to point them out to me?

I'm not saying they didn't have 6 or more play 50 yard TD drive, I said exactly 6 plays and more than 50 yards.

Okay, I got you. I didn't realize you meant exactly six plays. I'm impressed with the time it must have took you to come up with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Baltimore does take away the middle, which seems like a good idea although I don't know if it is possible, what would the Patriots counter with Os? Outside runs with Ridley? Welker and Branch and maybe even Ocho splitting wide?

Yes (I said this a few seconds ago in the other thread). I think they're going to jam the middle of the field and make sure Gronk, AHern, and Welker are well-covered... which is just going to leave Branch and Ocho singled on the outside, and it will also leave running lanes.

I think this Patriots offense is versatile to win any way they want to. Run, pass, inside, outside, tight ends, wide receivers, whatever. Break out that screen game and dust off Faulk if you need.

Actually Gil Brandt said last night that of the "Big Plays" the pats have given up, which is over 30 yards, they only gave up TD's on two. As with other games, this comes down to what the offense does, if the offense is moving, if they are scoring and not turning the ball over, the pats defense is not going to lose the game, they have not all year.

My post wasn't clear. I did not mean big plays resulting in a TD, I meant big plays/penalties that set up a subsequent TD. I recall a lot of times the D gave up a big play which set the other team up in scoring position where they often scored. The game threads are filled with, "Let's get this stop...Shit!...Lets hold them to 3...Shit!" posts. My concern is that the Ravens go to the big play twice as often as most teams and that the Pats give up big plays/penalties that lead to scores often. If the Pats control the big plays of the Ravens, they are done for. Give up a few, however, and things could get ugly.

My post wasn't clear. I did not mean big plays resulting in a TD, I meant big plays/penalties that set up a subsequent TD. I recall a lot of times the D gave up a big play which set the other team up in scoring position where they often scored. The game threads are filled with, "Let's get this stop...Shit!...Lets hold them to 3...Shit!" posts. My concern is that the Ravens go to the big play twice as often as most teams and that the Pats give up big plays/penalties that lead to scores often. If the Pats control the big plays of the Ravens, they are done for. Give up a few, however, and things could get ugly.

Patriots will re-introduce the 1-5-5 defense this week.

No big plays. Just a tired Vince.

The Ravens offense isn't strong enough to make things "ugly" even if they hit a few big plays. The only way this game gets out of hand is if the Baltimore defense does their best 2000 impersonation.

I also think you are overlooking the nature of the big plays. With Baltimore, they are either long Rice runs/screens or tosses down the sideline, neither of which have been the biggest issues with NE's defense this year. Intermediate stuff turning into big gains was the problem, which is why they've allowed the most 20+ yarders in the entire league, but were 1st or 2nd in long TDs allowed.

Back