Any gearheads in here. . .

BoltsOwnU

Because everyone loves puppies.
Reaction score
Website
www.thecaleelagency.com
You guys tend to post all sorts of stuff here, so BOU thought he might weigh in on a non-football hobby. . .

BOU is a bit of a track nut. He finally finished a long (measure it in years), frustrating project Friday and got onto a dyno for tuning. BOU envies you in the Northeast where 94 octane is available, sadly here there is only 91.

One pull for pump gas (13psi), one for 100 octane race gas (20psi) that BOU had to sell a kidney to afford.

dyno_Rule12b_20071214.jpg

No one here should really give a rat's A, but if you have your own car stories to share, BOU is always interested in the shop talk.

I had my car featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords in 1996...Been running Stangs for years....My best friend is Dwayne Gutridge who is the world record holder for drag radial tires....My car has a stock block and put down over 500 on the dyno before we de-tuned it to save the stock engine...Dwaye's website is BIGDADDYPERFORMANCE.COM

NJ#1PATSFAN on 12-17-2007 at 04:18 PM said:
I had my car featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords in 1996...Been running Stangs for years....My best friend is Dwayne Gutridge who is the world record holder for drag radial tires....My car has a stock block and put down over 500 on the dyno before we de-tuned it to save the stock engine...Dwaye's website is BIGDADDYPERFORMANCE.COM

Very cool. BOU would imagine that sort of power on stock internals might well equal "boom". BOU has seen a lot of very quick Fords over the years; you've surely had some fun making yours suit your tastes and desires. What year?

1990 LX.....yeah Bro, we had to back it off.....it only has 56,000 miles on the block but was going to do a nice "Boom" soon!! LOL
It has DFI so it is pretty easy to control

I was into performance tuning for Harleys a way back. I've run dynos on my bikes but never a car.

Whats that dyno of, BOU?

Car, Engine specs, Drivetrain... lets hear it.

I am currently in the middle of restoring a 70 RS/SS Camaro for the third time.

sitting.jpg

Hoping to hit in the neighborhood of 550 hp when its all said and done. Nothing too rowdy.
Plan to have mild street manners with the ability to take it on the track here at VIR and do a few rally course races next year.

Engine:
- HO 327 (bored to .331) from 68' corvette
- Weind 144 roots Blower
- Throttle-body fuel injection
- Brodix Aluminum heads (70cc chambers to keep overall compression down)
- Eagle H-beam rods
- Comp Nitrous HP Cam kit

Drivetrain:
- 700R4 tranny
Rear end (and diff)
- Richmond .373 gears
- Auborn posi unit
- Moser axles

Brakes:
- SSB rear "slotted" disc conversion
- Wilwood 12" drilled, slotted rotors on front
- Dual diaphram booster, Billet specialties Master Cylinder and prop valve

Suspension:
- Global West tubular upper and lower control arms
- Coilovers front (3" adjustable)
- Global West subframe connectors
- Global West Cat 5 rear leafs and shackle kit
- QA1 12-way adjustable billet shocks (front and rear)
- 1 1/4" Corvette Specialties front sway bar
- 7/8" Corvette Specialties rear sway bar

coonmaro.jpg

(check out the racoon hanging out under the car)

Currently in the middle of installing a brand new billet aluminum steering column from Ididit with 5-way tilt and cruise control, along with an entire painless wiring kit with 18 circuit fuse box.

My sons are gear heads. Matter of fact, I also enjoy playing Gears of War myself!!

dred on 12-17-2007 at 08:37 PM said:
Whats that dyno of, BOU?

Car, Engine specs, Drivetrain... lets hear it.

I am currently in the middle of restoring a 70 RS/SS Camaro for the third time.

sitting.jpg

Oh I can't wait to see this when it's done! Make sure you show us! Is that the color it's gonna be?

BoltsOwnU on 12-17-2007 at 07:08 PM said:
You guys tend to post all sorts of stuff here, so BOU thought he might weigh in on a non-football hobby. . .

BOU is a bit of a track nut. He finally finished a long (measure it in years), frustrating project Friday and got onto a dyno for tuning. BOU envies you in the Northeast where 94 octane is available, sadly here there is only 91.

One pull for pump gas (13psi), one for 100 octane race gas (20psi) that BOU had to sell a kidney to afford.

dyno_Rule12b_20071214.jpg

No one here should really give a rat's A, but if you have your own car stories to share, BOU is always interested in the shop talk.

Very nice BOU. Oh, and as far as gas goes, cant you go to the airport? Get 104 octane aviation fuel?

BOU what type of car?

Its not a 1996 Porshe turbo? Midnight blue?

No, all BOU needs to do is truck on down to a local dunebuggy shop.

Thats where I used to get up to 118 octane when I lived in SD.

They actually have 5-6 different grades.

Fully leaded even.

dred on 12-17-2007 at 11:04 PM said:
No, all BOU needs to do is truck on down to a local dunebuggy shop.

Thats where I used to get up to 118 octane when I lived in SD.

They actually have 5-6 different grades.

Fully leaded even.

This just kinda cracked me up. I never even HEARD of a dunebuggy shop before. But every burg and borough around here has an airfield.:D

There is basically two things to do in Southern California,
Surf
Offroad.
Hotties

Hmm that's three things, but you get the picture

shirtsleeve on 12-17-2007 at 11:08 PM said:
This just kinda cracked me up. I never even HEARD of a dunebuggy shop before. But every burg and borough around here has an airfield.:D
Yeah.

Think "Tropical Desert".

:D

Tchok13 on 12-17-2007 at 11:12 PM said:
There is basically two things to do in Southern California,
Surf
Offroad.
Hotties

Hmm that's three things, but you get the picture
Don't forget the annual roadtrip to Big Bear!

:thumb:

That is a freakin' sweet Camaro Dred. That is a sweet project. BOU did a '64 Sting Ray coupe in law school, took a 350 bored and stroked to 383. Easy to work on, parts were surprisingly inexpensive once you aren't concerned about "matching numbers". BOU loves American iron. That camaro will rock when its done.

This car however is a different animal. A 1991 Nissan 300ZX. Sadly, a bit too cramped and high tech for me to do much to it myself other than basics. Hell, you have to pull the motor for almost anything other than an oil change. If I could start over, BOU'd have picked a different car. . .

It's nice, but heavy. Still, a 3rd or 4th gear pull on the fwy is simply unearthly on the high octane stuff, but it's a pig on a road course.

Late model RX-7's take an LS-1 or LS-6 swap like crazy. Super light, reliable, easy to work on, simply fantastic on a road course. BOU's bad.

BOU envy's the Camaro and misses the old Ray. Way more his speed nowdays it seems, but they are soo hard to find for less than BANK.:thumb:

BoltsOwnU on 12-18-2007 at 02:15 AM said:

This car however is a different animal. A 1991 Nissan 300ZX. Sadly, a bit too cramped and high tech for me to do much to it myself other than basics. Hell, you have to pull the motor for almost anything other than an oil change. If I could start over, BOU'd have picked a different car. . .

Ahhh that's the one you posted a pic of the engine compartment and asked us to guess the vehicle and I guessed Nissan 300. :) Glad you finished it, that must be very satisfying!
I had an 85 Rx-7, 5 speed with the rotary engine. I ADORED that car. I actually cried when I traded it in. It had almost 100 grand on it, was 9 years old and needed $2,000 exhaust work though.

Hemi is an OFF Road guy.

Give me a 79 F250 4x4 and stand back. I have built three of these and each one has been improved along the way.

If I had 100K kicking around I would have my Own Monster. Wihout hesitation.

Back