Any good tips

Yeah, I had not seen that, or even heard about it. Scary! I guess you run that chance with drugs - You never know how they will affect you. :(

I smoke and I wouldn't take it! I started cutting out cigarettes at times when I most wanted them. First thing in the morning after lunch etc. and I limited how many I smoke at work so I'm hoping I can gradually phase them out

How so? I've heard good reports from people who have used it.

Had a friend in a band who basically flipped out. Its a mind chemical changing drug, so it is possible that it can happen, but I will keep that in mind if you have heard success stories from it.

Had a friend in a band who basically flipped out. Its a mind chemical changing drug, so it is possible that it can happen, but I will keep that in mind if you have heard success stories from it.

I wouldn't risk it

The Federal Aviation Administration banned pilots from using the drug last month because of its potentially dangerous side effects.

want to...I mean really want to not just a "I think this is a good time to try..oh well i couldn't do it"

The weird thing is, I absolutly hate it. My wife hates it, my kids make fun of me for it, and I hate buying them. I always look for a reason of...oh I cannot quit today this is going on, or something like that.

I tried Chantix and got violent headaches from it. A very SINCERE desire to quit and sheer will power, and a good support system seems to be the only way. I will support you as much as I can.( Although, my brother went to a hypnotist one time and quit on the spot and hasnt smoked for 8 years) I couldnt afford a hypnotist. Good luck, I'm sure you will have a lot of support in here!

I agree with the weiner

:D

hey I :wave: to you yesterday didn't I? :D

see instead of smoking after lunch I strap on the sneakers and head outside walked for 45 minutes yesterday so that delayed a smoke for like 2 hours

hey I :wave: to you yesterday didn't I? :D

see instead of smoking after lunch I strap on the sneakers and head outside walked for 45 minutes yesterday so that delayed a smoke for like 2 hours

Yes you did I almost peed myself LOL

That is a great delay! I sit outside just to be outside and surprisingly the people smoking around me doesn't even phase me anymore. You really just have to put your mind in to it.

On quitting smoking. I want to be done by the time the season starts.

I didn't read all of the replies but I know people who quit after taking the pills CHANTIX. I was told that you REALLY have to want to quit in order for the pills to work. :shrug:

Yes you did I almost peed myself LOL

That is a great delay! I sit outside just to be outside and surprisingly the people smoking around me doesn't even phase me anymore. You really just have to put your mind in to it.

I have that nicotine gum, and while it takes away that edgy feeling, I feel like I keep forgetting something. I swear one day it got so bad, I picked a fight with my wife so I would have an excuse....I suck. She made me pay though...:whip2:

I didn't read all of the replies but I know people who quit after taking the pills CHANTIX. I was told that you REALLY have to want to quit in order for the pills to work. :shrug:

:harumph:

Honestly Midgar, I smoked for almost 10 years. I used Chantix and I pretty much quit for several months. I have relapsed a little bit, but I only by a black and mild here and there and normally it requires beer to be involved.

I am going to be really honest here because I feel like it is important for you to quit.

At first I had nausea...last about 2-3 weeks. Then only after I took it after dinner
I had problems sleeping the first 2 weeks.
I went through depression the whole time I was on the drug. When I got off, I generally felt better.
I had the shits after taking the first pill. Normally within 1 hour. Only the first pill.
You must eat with this medication or it will make you sick. I never threw up, but I felt like I could for up to several hours afterwards.
I received headaches from time to time. I really never had man headaches.
I had cold sweats from time to time.
I am able to taste again.
You must find something else to do besides smoke. Pick up a hobby. I started becoming a real clean freak.
Do not booze in result. I think that is why I relapsed.
Make sure you have a quit day and try and stick close to it.

I wish you luck. I would suggest Chantix to anyone. I think it definitely helps. I took it for 4 months. I should have done it for the full 6...I need to go several months and no booze to complete this.

I tried Chantix and got violent headaches from it. A very SINCERE desire to quit and sheer will power, and a good support system seems to be the only way. I will support you as much as I can.( Although, my brother went to a hypnotist one time and quit on the spot and hasnt smoked for 8 years) I couldnt afford a hypnotist. Good luck, I'm sure you will have a lot of support in here!

I tried the hypnosis thing. One of the "tactics" the guy tried was "Whenever you go to smoke, picture your child dying of lung cancer..." or something like that (it was years ago, and my then wife made us go)

Now, when I smoke, I think about dead kids. Big help that was.

Honestly Midgar, I smoked for almost 10 years. I used Chantix and I pretty much quit for several months. I have relapsed a little bit, but I only by a black and mild here and there and normally it requires beer to be involved.

I am going to be really honest here because I feel like it is important for you to quit.

At first I had nausea...last about 2-3 weeks. Then only after I took it after dinner
I had problems sleeping the first 2 weeks.
I went through depression the whole time I was on the drug. When I got off, I generally felt better.
I had the shits after taking the first pill. Normally within 1 hour. Only the first pill.
You must eat with this medication or it will make you sick. I never threw up, but I felt like I could for up to several hours afterwards.
I received headaches from time to time. I really never had man headaches.
I had cold sweats from time to time.
I am able to taste again.
You must find something else to do besides smoke. Pick up a hobby. I started becoming a real clean freak.
Do not booze in result. I think that is why I relapsed.
Make sure you have a quit day and try and stick close to it.

I wish you luck. I would suggest Chantix to anyone. I think it definitely helps. I took it for 4 months. I should have done it for the full 6...I need to go several months and no booze to complete this.

Ok Im printing all of these out, good stuff. Nothing makes you relapse more than drinking by the way. I do not drink alot, pretty much socially, but on my birthday,,,wow. Its just Im 37 now and I'm getting to that point where I fear everything health wise.

For a little inspiration....... My Mom smoked for 50 years and quit when she was 70. She is now 89 and still hanging in there!

For a little inspiration....... My Mom smoked for 50 years and quit when she was 70. She is now 89 and still hanging in there!

That might be more inspiration to keep smoking. :p

I used the patch. During the first three weeks, I was on the strongest patch. During the first week, I would wear the patch all day until it wore off in the late afternoon and early evening. At that time, I would have a couple of cigarettes, but only after I really couldn't hack the nic-fits anymore. Each day, I made it go later and later with less cigarettes. By the end of the week, I was able to go all day on just the patch. For the next two weeks, I just stayed on the 1st level patch. Then, I scaled down to the 2nd level patch and stayed on that until I was ready to go to the 3rd. I think overall it took me about six weeks before I was completely off the patch and nicotine. I haven't smoke in over six years now.

I need to qualify this by saying that was the third time I had quit using the patch. The first two times, I started smoking again after one year. The important thing to remember is that the addiction is not gone after you quit. It's still there, lurking, waiting for the chance to trick you into having a smoke. You just have to be aware and keep working at it - even after you've quit. Remember, like any addiction, you need to take it one day at a time, one step at a time. Don't worry about whether you are going to have a cigarette when the season starts. Just worry about whether you are going to have a cigarette today.

Good luck. I wish you the best on quitting.

I tried the hypnosis thing. One of the "tactics" the guy tried was "Whenever you go to smoke, picture your child dying of lung cancer..." or something like that (it was years ago, and my then wife made us go)

Now, when I smoke, I think about dead kids. Big help that was.
Yeah, I know what ya mean....everybody has to find their own way.

Back