Any one here know anything about..

NCPATRIOT

Reaction score
writing research papers? I'm working on one that is due tomorrow. It's an argument/research paper on Richard Nixon. I took the challenging side and picked the "positive" side of Nixon. I have my paper outlined and everything, just having some par. references...

Are you looking for the structure? If so, set your paper up as if you were writing an expository essay. If you are arguing, take your side and back it up with facts. You don't want to use pronouns such as I or my. Your teacher will not care about your opinion. Make sure your intro paragraph starts with a bang. You want to grab the attention of the reader. Try using a quote or foreshadow a story about his life. Your thesis statement should be the last part of intro. Hopefully this helps. My students are working on several papers this week. Must be a busy time for writing!!! Good luck. Please let me know if you need any help.

IF you can get it, his sutobiography "In the Arena" is loaded with his thoughts and insights.

I have a 10 pager on existentialism due in a few days that I haven't started, and a 6 pager on Judaism in two days that I haven't started, and a two pager on documentary film tomorrow morning that I haven't started. and I'm spending my time on PP... :banghead:

anyways

If you have an outline then I would say just get started, see what you get. Even if it isn't great to begin with at least you will have a draft to work off of. I usually come up with new ideas and such as I'm writing the first draft anyways.

Something like...

Without President Richard Mihouse Nixon the US and the Soviet Union may never have come out of the cold war...

Might grab the teacher's attention...

writing research papers? I'm working on one that is due tomorrow. It's an argument/research paper on Richard Nixon. I took the challenging side and picked the "positive" side of Nixon. I have my paper outlined and everything, just having some par. references...

Uh, well first of all, what do you mean by "par. references"?

I finished it, it only took me all day. It's 7 pages long! I think I did well. I'm glad I never have to do it again, though!!

Some exertions (sp?) from In The Arena were in one of my books I used..

I finished it, it only took me all day. It's 7 pages long! I think I did well. I'm glad I never have to do it again, though!!

Some exertions (sp?) from In The Arena were in one of my books I used..

I get to do the same thing tomorrow, only 6 pages though, I'm really excited for that to be over

Sorry I was in Cincinnati over the weekend and missed this thread! If you went the safe road you could use the ending of Vietnam and "opening" the door to China~

Glad you both finished. I remember writting a 29 pager on Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain the Civil War hero from Gettysburg. My paper was on his later years when he served four terms as Maine's governor. Very influential man for my state!

Back