Any wheatgrass juice drinkers in here?

Pneumonic

Reaction score
My wife and I currently are involved with a prominent Acai berry juice product and are looking to complement it with another health juice product. I have read some interesting things about juiced wheatgrass sprouts and its health benefits and am wondering if anyone in here has experience drinking the stuff?

My wife and I currently are involved with a prominent Acai berry juice product and are looking to complement it with another health juice product. I have read some interesting things about juiced wheatgrass sprouts and its health benefits and am wondering if anyone in here has experience drinking the stuff?

Not expeience with wheatgrass i do however drink a concoction of the following every day.

8 ounces of water.

1 banana

1/4 cup blueberries-Frozen

1/4 cup Strawberries-Frozen

1 Scoop protein powder
1 Tablespoon of Chia seeds
1 Tablespoon Wheatgerm
1 table spoon Physilum powder
1 teaspoon of fish oil

Put it in a Blender. Enjoy

Put me down for a cheesburger, onion rings, and a Dr. Pepper.

I've blenderized it before. Tastes like, well... grass, but, very healthy for you.

I also blenderize most cruciferous veggies for lunch mainly.

Mix it with other spices and it's not bad.

Im a wheatgrass user and distributor. I sent you a message about the health benifits of wheatgrass. Email me if you want to try the product. We are the only company utilizing both the leaves and the roots of wheatgrass. The roots contain cancer fighting properties which make our product unique and superior compared to other wheatgrass products in the market. Hoping to hear from you soon!

I have a juicer. I have never used it.

Recipies, please.

There are a lot of recipes you can find online, but a vast majority of them use too many fruits and thus it's too much sugar hitting the bloodstream...but that's for me. The vegetables I use the most are carrots, celery, lettuce/cabbage, and tomatoes. My wife will throw in others such as spinach, broccoli...whatever we have in the fridge. The taste isn't that bad, but I typically throw in one apple or a handful of grapes to sweeten up the overall flavor.

When you look online you are going to find recipes that attempt to target certain areas, problems, etc., but we don't use the juicer that way. We simply use it to add nutrients to our diet. Drinking the juice allows for more nutrient absorption because the body doesn't have to break down the fibers to get to the nutrients. I've read that the body absorbs less than 5% of the amount of beta carotene in a carrot when the carrot is eaten raw, but that almost 100% of the beta carotene is absorbed when juiced. It's also recommended to drink the juice right after you make it, again in order to absorb more nutrients.

As someone mentioned previously, eat the pulp. This isn't necessary, but all of the fiber is in the pulp and it can be added to meals so that you aren't wasting food. And of course, juicing does not replace eating fruits and vegetables, it is just a supplemental process, though if someone went from eating practically zero vegetables and then started juicing, that person would certainly see positive effects.

The biggest chore is the cleanup, but our juicer breaks down into a few large pieces pretty easily. My wife complains that it immediately fills up the sink, so I suggest she should have emptied the dishwasher first. Then I go to the gym or golfing to give her time to cool off.

There are a lot of recipes you can find online, but a vast majority of them use too many fruits and thus it's too much sugar hitting the bloodstream...but that's for me. The vegetables I use the most are carrots, celery, lettuce/cabbage, and tomatoes. My wife will throw in others such as spinach, broccoli...whatever we have in the fridge. The taste isn't that bad, but I typically throw in one apple or a handful of grapes to sweeten up the overall flavor.

When you look online you are going to find recipes that attempt to target certain areas, problems, etc., but we don't use the juicer that way. We simply use it to add nutrients to our diet. Drinking the juice allows for more nutrient absorption because the body doesn't have to break down the fibers to get to the nutrients. I've read that the body absorbs less than 5% of the amount of beta carotene in a carrot when the carrot is eaten raw, but that almost 100% of the beta carotene is absorbed when juiced. It's also recommended to drink the juice right after you make it, again in order to absorb more nutrients.

As someone mentioned previously, eat the pulp. This isn't necessary, but all of the fiber is in the pulp and it can be added to meals so that you aren't wasting food. And of course, juicing does not replace eating fruits and vegetables, it is just a supplemental process, though if someone went from eating practically zero vegetables and then started juicing, that person would certainly see positive effects.

The biggest chore is the cleanup, but our juicer breaks down into a few large pieces pretty easily. My wife complains that it immediately fills up the sink, so I suggest she should have emptied the dishwasher first. Then I go to the gym or golfing to give her time to cool off.

ROFL :shake:

I asked for recipies because I have searched online and they all seem out there or weird. I just want to supplement, too.

What type of carrot concoctions do you make? I like that stuff.

ROFL :shake:

I asked for recipies because I have searched online and they all seem out there or weird. I just want to supplement, too.

What type of carrot concoctions do you make? I like that stuff.

I make a very basic one:

1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
1/4 cabbage or lettuce head (produces a lot of juice)
1 tomato
1 apple/pear/handful of grapes

The Mrs. is who will add the other vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli, but those don't produce very much juice and seem like an exercise in futility to me. Once you start experimenting you'll figure out what you like and don't like and you won't need any recipes.

You also don't want to drink too much juice (stick with a small glass at first) because it is a lot of nutrients on an empty stomach. Also also, try to stay seasonal with your produce because food allergies could manifest if you don't change up what you ingest regularly.

And no bananas. They'll ruin your juicer.

I make a very basic one:

1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
1 tomato

The Mrs. is who will add the other vegetables such as cauliflower or broccoli, but those don't produce very much juice and seem like an exercise in futility to me. Once you start experimenting you'll figure out what you like and don't like and you won't need any recipes.

You also don't want to drink too much juice (stick with a small glass at first) because it is a lot of nutrients on an empty stomach. Also also, try to stay seasonal with your produce because food allergies could manifest if you don't change up what you ingest regularly.

Yeah but...lettuce is mainly derived from rocket fuel waste water (ALA LockHeedMartin)... (if you get it from the Colorado River region...)

/tinfoilhatmode

PS Cabbage is WAY better. More nutrients.

I make a very basic one:

1 carrot
1 stalk of celery
1 tomato

Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, kale, etc. is much more concentrated in vitamins...truth.

As someone mentioned previously, eat the pulp. This isn't necessary, but all of the fiber is in the pulp and it can be added to meals so that you aren't wasting food.

Why was it made that way?

Just a better delivery = juicing.

Heck, I won't disagree. Most people don't even drink the jooce. Go fer it...the fiber IS better for you though. :coffee:

Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, kale, etc. is much more concentrated in vitamins...truth.

But since those vegetables don't retain very much water, the nutrients don't get added to the juice as well.

Why was it made that way?

Just a better delivery = juicing.

Heck, I won't disagree. Most people don't even drink the jooce. Go fer it...the fiber IS better for you though. :coffee:

Fiber is different than the vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are present in juice. One is not "better" than the other, it is more what each individual's body is lacking. Juicing should be considered a supplement to the diet, not a replacement for eating fruits and vegetables. A good transition step to consider is to juice your vegetables and eat your fruit.

To your cabbage/lettuce comment, that is ambiguous. Romaine lettuce is more nutritionally dense than iceberg lettuce, and red cabbage is more nutritionally dense than green cabbage. It really all depends on what you use, why, and rotating crops. In the grand scheme of things, doing something is better than doing nothing.

But since those vegetables don't retain very much water, the nutrients don't get added to the juice as well.

Fiber is different than the vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are present in juice. One is not "better" than the other, it is more what each individual's body is lacking. Juicing should be considered a supplement to the diet, not a replacement for eating fruits and vegetables. A good transition step to consider is to juice your vegetables and eat your fruit.

To your cabbage/lettuce comment, that is ambiguous. Romaine lettuce is more nutritionally dense than iceberg lettuce, and red cabbage is more nutritionally dense than green cabbage. It really all depends on what you use, why, and rotating crops. In the grand scheme of things, doing something is better than doing nothing.

I won't disagree... most people will NEVER do this. :toast:

Back