Are former BB assistant coaches cursed?

IndyPatriotsfan

Reaction score
I'm sure people have paid attention to the trend of BB assistant coaches or anyone even associated with him going off on their own and never having any success. Except for Saban. Crennel, McDaniels, Weis, Vrable, Parcells, Flores just to name a few. None of them have had any success after parting ways with BB. Would this be considered a curse.

Depends on the beholder? To me, curse doesn't fit at all.

I look at that these guys learn a lot from BB but they aren't BB. They can never learn everything BB knows, they aren't BB and yet they go out on their own and try to
establish the same disciplined culture BB had with the Patriots without the same level of respect BB has. They try to be hardasses and it never works for them.

OTOH, BB's FO people have had lots of success with other teams. But that's a different subject.

Are you like a noob? You need to do some BASIC bitch research…dafuq
Well, name some success that he had without BB. Mind you, the Super Bowls that the Giants won had BB as the defensive coordinator. The Super Bowl the Patriots went to that Parcells was Coach for BB was the defensive coordinator as well.

Well, name some success that he had without BB. Mind you, the Super Bowls that the Giants won had BB as the defensive coordinator. The Super Bowl the Patriots went to that Parcells was Coach for BB was the defensive coordinator as well.
Your headline needs to be revised…my bad.

BB imo is way better than Parcells ever was.

I bet his offspring will be very successful in the NFL. At least his loose tongue son as a defensive coach.

Crennnel and Weiss were both Parcells guys. Vrabel played for BB, but, technically not in the BB tree.

Yes. It is the Tom Brady curse.
Everyone wants to say it was all about Brady. I don't agree. BB had success way before Brady. If ownership didn't get in the way, he could've had more success with the Browns. He was the brains behind the Giants championships. Parcells didn't help with how the Patriots lost against the Packers. I highly doubt Brady would've had the same kind of success if BB wasn't his coach. He wasn't even on anyone's radar until the end of the 6th round.

Everyone wants to say it was all about Brady. I don't agree. BB had success way before Brady. If ownership didn't get in the way, he could've had more success with the Browns. He was the brains behind the Giants championships. Parcells didn't help with how the Patriots lost against the Packers. I highly doubt Brady would've had the same kind of success if BB wasn't his coach. He wasn't even on anyone's radar until the end of the 6th round.
LOL. You got 11 years working against you. BB has been sub .500 as a HC without Brady while Brady went to Tampa and won the SB in year one at age 43.

Not sure why you are bent on trashing Parcells? Are you a Cowgirls fan in disguise? Parcells had success everywhere he went. He took a horrific Pats franchise and turned them into a legit franchise in just 3 seasons drafting Bledsoe and taking us to the SB in 96. He took the crappy Jete/Vinny Testaverde to the AFC championship game. Took the Cowgirls to the playoffs with Romo.

LOL. You got 11 years working against you. BB has been sub .500 as a HC without Brady while Brady went to Tampa and won the SB in year one at age 43.

Not sure why you are bent on trashing Parcells? Are you a Cowgirls fan in disguise? Parcells had success everywhere he went. He took a horrific Pats franchise and turned them into a legit franchise in just 3 seasons drafting Bledsoe and taking us to the SB in 96. He took the crappy Jete/Vinny Testaverde to the AFC championship game. Took the Cowgirls to the playoffs with Romo.
Do you actually think Brady would be the same quarterback coming out of college without BB. Who do you think it was guiding Brady during his years with the Patriots. The only consistent coach Brady had up until he went to the Bucs was BB.
It's not trashing Parcells. It's stating facts. Did Parcells win anything without BB. The answer is no.

Can we have just one thread you don't shit on?

Do you actually think Brady would be the same quarterback coming out of college without BB.
Yes
Who do you think it was guiding Brady during his years with the Patriots. The only consistent coach Brady had up until he went to the Bucs was BB.
It's not trashing Parcells. It's stating facts. Did Parcells win anything without BB. The answer is no.
Did you miss his seasons in Tampa?

Back