Are we done till the draft?

16-0patsfan

Reaction score
the last few days the pats have made a splash.......today with #11 back and 2 corners the pats have done good, not sure whats going on with big vince looks like he wants out...so I guess we need more bodys on that line...the D is looking good as far as the offence line that needs help Brady is not the getting any younger and may have lost a step.so we need people to watch his back...are there guys in the draft that could help fill some of the holes we have there?

I just finished posting a summary of my quick review at overthecap and, yeah, until some other cuts/restructuring moves are made, there's only a million or so left against the 2014 cap that could reasonably be spent. After Edelman's contract is deducted, there's probably about $7M or so total space left.

With about $1.35M needed to set aside for draftees and $5M or so to be set aside for in-season emergencies, there's not a lot of actual spending room at the moment. Even Blount will have to wait.

WR Kenny Britt is coming to Gillette tomorrow...former 1st rounder who carries baggage...under achiever.

Former Rutgers guy. Schiano loves him but
from Wiki
Personal life

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.<sup id="cite_ref-8" class="reference">[8]</sup> On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[9]</sup> On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.<sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[10]</sup> On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing, and reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.<sup id="cite_ref-11" class="reference">[11]</sup>

Yes, maybe he has found Jesus. This could be a great pickup or a cellmate for Ahern, I doubt he will be signed

Well I don't think he would be coming to Foxboro if there was no chance of signing him. IMO if Britt hits a Grandslam during the interview process and is willing to have certain provisions in his contract he could sign on the cheap.

Well I don't think he would be coming to Foxboro if there was no chance of signing him. IMO if Britt hits a Grandslam during the interview process and is willing to have certain provisions in his contract he could sign on the cheap.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LX9C9LyCGxU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LX9C9LyCGxU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man that's exactly what we need from a talent standpoint..

Britt would be a very low risk option. He won't cost a lot of money and the potential upside is huge. What is it about the Pats? We're like the home for troubled young men!!

Britt would be a very low risk option. He won't cost a lot of money and the potential upside is huge. What is it about the Pats? We're like the home for troubled young men!!
A big fast WR from Rutgers should sell it self to BB. We need more WR's that can make plays on the Outside.

Brandon LaFell signed with the Pats tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forum Runner

Brandon LeFell, not sure he's an upgrade but it's obvious BB is pushing all in....
Draft has to be Defense and TE's

Does that mean they no longer have a interest in kenny britt.

Brandon LeFell, not sure he's an upgrade but it's obvious BB is pushing all in....
Draft has to be Defense and TE's

LeFell 49 receptions, was 3rd on a team that just didn't throw the ball to much more than Greg Olsen 73 receptions and Steve Smith 64 receptions. Newton only completed 292 passes 186 of them went to these three players. LeFell had the 2nd highest yards per catch and only Olsen caught more TDs.

LINK
1. Had success against the Patriots
2. Getting a feel for LaFell as a player: (durable, run blocker, good hands)
3. Layering the receiver depth chart (3 vets, 3 2nd yr players)
4. Back-and-forth with the Broncos: (who signed emmanuel sanders)

Back