Bad week for musicians

When I was 12, a couple had moved out of a place that my family rented, and they left their record collection, which I got...and wow, a lot of awesome stuff...Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, lots of others.

Amongst those records was Kansas, Point of Know Return.
Kansas_-_Point_of_Know_Return.jpg

Well, I had one of those plastic, orange, suitcase style record players....a toy really...made by Fisher Price...and I used to play the Hell out of those LP's.
1518c29c044ebf888c7580302ffcfda7.jpg

Well, the one song that I remember playing a lot, partly because my mother enjoyed it, but it so did I...was Dust in the Wind...and I guess...what better or more appropriate song to say "Rest in Peace".....

When I was 12, a couple had moved out of a place that my family rented, and they left their record collection, which I got...and wow, a lot of awesome stuff...Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, lots of others.

Well, I had one of those plastic, orange, suitcase style record players....a toy really...made by Fisher Price...and I used to play the Hell out of those LP's.
1518c29c044ebf888c7580302ffcfda7.jpg

Well, the one song that I remember playing a lot, partly because my mother enjoyed it, but it so did I...was Dust in the Wind...and I guess...what better or more appropriate song to say "Rest in Peace".....

I gotcha, however, Dust In The WInd is beautiful but its whole concept is eminently depressing to me.

We are not mere dust in the wind. While our time may be short our lights can and ought to shine brightly for our own purposes.

ell, the one song that I remember playing a lot, partly because my mother enjoyed it, but it so did I...was Dust in the Wind...and I guess...what better or more appropriate song to say "Rest in Peace".....

That's a great story!! Kansas always had the best album covers for their time

Back