BB will hold his annual pre-draft press conference on Wednesday, April 19th at 10am

I appreciate the info and will no doubt read what he has to say.

I'll take a wild stab that it won't be terribly enlightening though. :D

(no offense, LPF, you do a nice job of spreading the word :thumb: )

Hawg73 said:
I appreciate the info and will no doubt read what he has to say.

I'll take a wild stab that it won't be terribly enlightening though. :D

(no offense, LPF, you do a nice job of spreading the word :thumb: )

No offense taken. ;)
I actually don't think that I post here enough. I'll have to improve.

ladypatsfan said:
No offense taken. ;)
I actually don't think that I post here enough. I'll have to improve.

I agree. You should definitely post more. :)

I think BB could probably re-play his pre-draft press conference from any other year and have it be pretty much the same thing.

But I'll still read the transcript.

During which we will not be told or given the slightest hint of what/who the Pats will draft, be given no information on why assorted free agents were let go, be given no information on players who ended last year injured, and be given no information on.....ANYTHING.

Yup, I'm going to rush right over to the tv screen nearest me to watch this deluge of Patriots information ROFL

Rather than get annoyed at BB, I actually enjoy it when he is full-blown iguana mode. It's like he is a master actor performing an extremely low-key role. Pity that more people (particularly in the media) don't realize that is exactly what he is doing.

Taking questions without really revealing any pertinent info is kind of an art form. He is the anti-Kevin Kennedy.

I was watching a BB press conference with my wife a while back and she said something like "this is kind of funny -- he really isn't answering any of their questions."

She got it. :thumb:

Oh I don't get annoyed that BB never tells us anything. I appreciate that secrets sometimes help get wins and have frequently laughed at people whining over his unwillingness to consider fans and press as full members of the management team who should know everything.

But, I also long ago learned that you can watch him talk for an hour and learn nothing, so I don't make a point of watching his press conferences.

Back