Belichick's D-day movie to be screened May 27

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
(From Boston Globe)

Bill Belichick can add a line to his résumé. Yes, Super Bowl LI champion. But also World War II documentary narrator.

The trailer for “D-Day: Over Normandy,” an hour-long documentary, has been released.

It opens with Belichick talking about his coaching career and his father, Steve, who served in World War II in the Navy before spending 50 years as a football coach at the Naval Academy. He then transitions to talk about the World War II generation.

“Like millions of other men of his generation, my father, who passed away in 2005, served his country in World War II. Dad was in the United States Navy. He spent time in both Europe and the Pacific. The men and women of the World War II generation, such as my father, are responsible for all we have today, including my own opportunity to be a professional football coach,” he says in the trailer.

“The following is a story about one day in World War II, June 6, 1944. D-Day. A time of both heroics and horror experienced by teenagers and young men. Many locations still show the marks of battle decades later. This film brings us unique views of the landscape of Normandy, France. Intertwined are the stories of men who fought on these beaches and among these french villages to preserve our freedom.”

The Vets in Providence is hosting a screening of the documentary on May 27 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the general public. Veterans can attend free of charge.

Produced by the foundation and Tim Gray Media, the film is scheduled to air this spring on American Public Television (PBS) stations nationwide.

Belichick has been an active supporter of the World War II Foundation since it first started producing films in 2006 and even gave them a shoutout during a 2016 press conference.

According to a news release, director and writer Tim Gray selected Belichick because he is “a student of military history and is very proud of the service of his own father Steve, who served in both Europe and the Pacific in World War II.”

Nicole Yang of Boston.com contributed to this report.

Sounds just like himself. I would have sped up his delivery a bit.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Upe71aYflo?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen="" width="545" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

(From Boston Globe)

Bill Belichick can add a line to his résumé. Yes, Super Bowl LI champion. But also World War II documentary narrator.

The trailer for “D-Day: Over Normandy,” an hour-long documentary, has been released.

It opens with Belichick talking about his coaching career and his father, Steve, who served in World War II in the Navy before spending 50 years as a football coach at the Naval Academy. He then transitions to talk about the World War II generation.

“Like millions of other men of his generation, my father, who passed away in 2005, served his country in World War II. Dad was in the United States Navy. He spent time in both Europe and the Pacific. The men and women of the World War II generation, such as my father, are responsible for all we have today, including my own opportunity to be a professional football coach,” he says in the trailer.

“The following is a story about one day in World War II, June 6, 1944. D-Day. A time of both heroics and horror experienced by teenagers and young men. Many locations still show the marks of battle decades later. This film brings us unique views of the landscape of Normandy, France. Intertwined are the stories of men who fought on these beaches and among these french villages to preserve our freedom.”

The Vets in Providence is hosting a screening of the documentary on May 27 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the general public. Veterans can attend free of charge.

Produced by the foundation and Tim Gray Media, the film is scheduled to air this spring on American Public Television (PBS) stations nationwide.

Belichick has been an active supporter of the World War II Foundation since it first started producing films in 2006 and even gave them a shoutout during a 2016 press conference.

According to a news release, director and writer Tim Gray selected Belichick because he is “a student of military history and is very proud of the service of his own father Steve, who served in both Europe and the Pacific in World War II.”

Nicole Yang of Boston.com contributed to this report.

I'm looking forward to this for sure

I like the slow delivery. I hate the modern way of broadcasting which seems to set a default level of a speasking as fast as possible with ridiculous dramatic pauses.

Back