Best all-time AFC East QB?

Who is the best quarterback of all-time in the AFC East?

• Drew Bledsoe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Joe Ferguson

• Bob Griese

• Steve Grogan

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Jim Kelly

• Dan Marino

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Earl Morrall

• Joe Namath

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Johnny Unitas

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
kirjtc2 said:
He never played for anyone but the Dolphins. Maybe you're thinking of Brian.

JPK

Yeah I was. Wasn't alive for the other Griese, forgot the fins won two.

TipRoast said:
Why isn't Peyton Manning on the list?

The thread said greatest. Not most overated.

I'll go with Ken O'Brien....NYJ. No wait. How about Hodson. Or even Hugh Millen?

Complete Homer vote

Grogan :thumb:

Though Johnny U was probably the best for the AFC east ..... Brady could surpass him in a few more years.

...... pass the Kool-Aid

TipRoast said:
Why isn't Peyton Manning on the list?

His best years came outside of the AFC East. He, Himself said he was happy to get out of the division. I think that would elimanate him automatically

If Johnn U only played 3 years in the AFCE, shouldn't you only consider those AFCE years in deciding how he ranks on teh pantheon of AFCE QBs?

Let's say Bledsoe sells his soul to satan and goes out and does great for Dallas in the next 3 years, throws for 12,000 yards, 90 TDs, 30 INTs, 3 SB rings, etc. - would that make him the best ever AFCE QB? If all that great production and clutch play came in the NFCE? I do not think so, I think he would be in the running for great NFCE QB, not AFCE QB.

How about Kurt Warner, a guy who at one time looked like he was going into the HOF in the NFCW. If he somehow gets back to his old form down in Arizona (NFCW) and starts ripping it up again for 5-7 years, averaging 4,000 yards, 35 TDs, QB rating 95-100 like he used to, does that mean he becomes a candidate for the title "best NFCE QB of all time" because of his one poor year with the Giants?

I think that a QBs exploits while in the AFCE are all that should be considered. If so, then would Unitas get any votes?

JamesLavin said:
Let's say Annihilus is elected president in 2008...

--James

That is scary. His State of the Union address would go something like this:

"Annihilus will defeat terriorism. Annihilus will end world hunger. Annihilus will bring world peace."

KenJr30 said:
That is scary. His State of the Union address would go something like this:

"Annihilus will defeat terriorism. Annihilus will end world hunger. Annihilus will bring world peace."

Sounds better than what we've got. He's got my vote.

--James

Back