Bills game commentary

JamesLavin

Reaction score
Website
www.patriotsbook.com
You can use this thread to post any thoughts on tonight's game.

I'll get it started by saying I was thrilled to see a focused, serious look on Tedy's face when they showed him. I was afraid the Pats (esp. the defense) might be too pumped up and get taken advantage of with early screens and draw plays and play action passes and reverses. But Tedy looked serious, not overly excited. By game time, he'll be excited but not bonkers. And players have undoubtedly saved their energy for the game (as they did so consciously before Super Bowl XXXIX). It's easy for players to burn all their energy waiting for an 8:30 pm game.

--James

This game just got cancelled. Apparently Christ has returned and the rapture is in progress. No...wait. I'm being told that it's Tedy Bruschi playing again. I guess they were close enough.

Game on! :thumb:

I'm sitting in a condo in Key West watching this game - alone. Everyone in the house knows I'm just pumped about it so they are giving me my space lol. Just sitting here with my #54 jersey and a big smile, hoping for the best and wishing I was up there cheering him on right now. My favorite sign I've seen so far utilizes a song by one of my favorite bands: "There's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by Bruschi"

:thumb:

WELCOME BACK TEDY!!!!!!!!

The announcers just went nuts, I think a bomb might have gone off. Maybe just a pick for a touchdown. What? Bruschi just touched someone? Didn't even tackle them? sigh... I knew better than to watch this with volume on. :mad:

The early difference right now is the calmness that the defense is displaying. They look much more serious and like they are going to play 4 quarters.

But WTF was that penalty on them, something about an unnatural defesnive movement trying to cause a fault start?

Ive never seen or heard of this.

:mad:

The laundry is steady.

maelli said:
I'm sitting in a condo in Key West watching this game - alone. Everyone in the house knows I'm just pumped about it so they are giving me my space lol. Just sitting here with my #54 jersey and a big smile, hoping for the best and wishing I was up there cheering him on right now. My favorite sign I've seen so far utilizes a song by one of my favorite bands: "There's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by Bruschi"

:thumb:

WELCOME BACK TEDY!!!!!!!!

"There's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by Bruschi"
Awww! :thumb: I haven't seen that! How sweet! I am SO *psyched* for him...and for this game! We all love you, Tedy!

:patriots:

CarrollsMine99.

MUST BE FLUTIE TIME !

Hey Guys/Dolls

When the heck are they gonna pull that bum Brady out and put Flutie in?

FYI Bills OC is former CFL great Tom Clements.Perhaps the greatest QB in CFL history.Funny the announcer did not mention that when they did a quick bio on him earlier.He played his entire carreer in the CFL with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Hamilton Ticats.He would be in the NFL hall of fame had he been given a chance in his own country.He was FANTASTIC!!!!,even better than Flutie.

That could be cool, UncleVic... We shall see!
I loved Flutie with the Bills, wished him good things in San Diego... so pleased he is on the team! :)

CarrollsMine99.

can someone tell me what time the Pats game is on tonight?

I'm watching ESPN right now and there appears to be something on but it sure as shit ain't football.

RoadGrader said:
can someone tell me what time the Pats game is on tonight?

I'm watching ESPN right now and there appears to be something on but it sure as shit ain't football.
I think it's coming on right after Chris Berman's show.

At least, I HOPE it is!

--James

I donno James.....is it possible this is the ultimate Belichick gambit?

Limit Buffalo to 3 points for 3 3/4s of the game and let Brady do his last minute magic for a 7-3 Pats win tonight. Laying in the weeds for the Colts

Dungy doesn't think the Pats offense is worth spending time to game-plan against next week. Belichick has Brady come out in the hurry-up O, Pats blow out the Colts?

Could someone on the inside (Dan?) please suggest to Scott Pioli that we sign that Burger King guy? The King is always coming up with big plays on both sides of the ball. And I haven't seen him commit a single stupid penalty or let the playclock run out.

With The King and Asante Samuel, we would at least have three guys making plays.

--James

When the hell did this game turn into "The Suzy Kolber Show"???

That's twice now that they didn't have the booth guys commenting during turnovers because darling Suzy was blabbin' about the Tedy situation, which while important, is not like no one knew about it.

Someone cut her mike off so we can keep track of the damn football game. Sheesh.

And now while I've been sitting here bitching about it I missed the TD!!! :cuss:

In the minutes after I posted my plea that we sign The King, the Pats scored two quicky touchdowns and stopped the Bills' offense. During that stretch, Rosevelt So-Quiet Colvin threw on his King uniform, strip-sacked the QB and scooped it up.

What a relief. We still have the division lead.

--James

That was F'N hilarrious when he just dissed her and kept walking at the end of the game. ROFL

This was an all around ugly ass game and If they play like this next week expect to lose by 50 to Indy.

Still they certainly made the shit exciting. ;)

I for one would like to know what the fuck this team has been working on over the bye? That was some of the most god awful football I have ever whitnessed from this team. We barely get a win by the skin of our teeth and this team had 2 weeks to prepare. By the way has anyone seen our offense? Is Belichick trying to get brady on the IR list?

As this was the first game I have seen ever with Bruschi, I was impressed by the change in the Defense. You could almost feel the excitment in the air there. I thought the offense played limp there at first. They did well in the 4th, what I expect from them and their talent.

I had to go to my aunts house to watch the game since we cancelled our cable, and my husband said if they were losing at halftime we were gonna leave (loud Italians:banghead: ) I HAD to explain to him that we were a comback team and that if we left I'd miss out on the win. Sure enough :D

Back