CBS: U.S. World's Top Exporter of Sperm

Claremonster

Semper Priapus
Reaction score
The Glossalalia School of Business and Performing
Good thing we have the Strategic Sperm Reserve... :coffee:

Sperm: America's most renewable resource?

(CBS News) A new report in Time magazine reveals the U.S. is the world's top exporter of sperm.

But why? It's largely due to America's reputation as the gold standard in sperm, Time magazine senior editor Jeffrey Kluger said Thursday on "CBS This Morning."

"As with any other good product, the two keys are quality control and versatility, variety of product. We have very, very strict (Food and Drug Administration) controls on who can donate and how heavily they have to be screened. We also have a multi-ethnic population, which means we're very appealing to the world because people can come in from Japan, from Brazil, anywhere else and find a genetically, ethnically matching baby."

There are now nearly 700 sperm banks in the U.S., according to the Food and Drug Administration. The fertility industry in the U.S. has grown from $979 million in 1988 to a projected $4.3 billion in 2013, according to Marketdata, an industry analysis and market studies publisher.

Men are paid based on quality standards, such as their level of health, height and education. A man can make $500 per donation, and up to $60,000 annually, according to the Time magazine report.

While the Time magazine story touts America's supremacy in the production of this renewable resource, the article also raises many serious questions about the business of sperm banks.

1_foam_finger.jpg

Sometimes depending on the quality of the lady I offer free injections...:coffee:

Sometimes depending on the quality of the lady I offer free injections...:coffee:

Then you're doing it wrong:

A man can make $500 per donation, and up to $60,000 annually

Think of that, Piggy - you could make $60K, on top of your normal job salary, just y doing something you'd be doing anyway. :coffee:

Think of that, Piggy - you could make $60K, on top of your normal job salary, just y doing something you'd be doing anyway. :coffee:
I don't think its worth 60k..Ya i know its hard to believe,but I might be able to donate to the Goodwill or Salvation Army..:coffee:

:spock: I could be a millionaire. All the shot's I've wasted on old socks and tolietpaper:doh:

i always thought it would be funny to go into one of those donor places, wait for someone to go into the little room, then stand right outside the door doing the baseball "hey batter batter hey batter batter" thing...

That's awesome!!

It's about the only thing we can make that's worth a damn, nowadays.

Back