Chambers to be traded?

RhodyPatsFan

there's no end to my limitations
Reaction score
Posted: Wednesday August 29, 2007 06:52AM ET
Chris Chambers, the Dolphins' No. 1 pass-catcher, is reportedly on the trading block, a move that could signal the growing confidence in the development of first-round draft pick Ted Ginn Jr. as a wide receiver. Although Chambers has not been prominently featured during the preseason, it is not believed to be because of any level of disappointment from the coaching staff. But the NFL Network reported that Chambers' name has been popping up in league circles, and teams are aware that he's available.

Miami Herald
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

The dolphins are turning into the dumbest franchise in the league

first the let wes go,then they sign a punt returner.and now they let chambers go....way to go phins

How in the hell do they expect to compete with the pats???

Although....they do say D wins champoinships:D

P4E on 08-29-2007 at 08:13 AM said:
The dolphins are turning into the dumbest franchise in the league

first the let wes go,then they sign a punt returner.and now they let chambers go....way to go phins

How in the hell do they expect to compete with the pats???

Although....they do say D wins champoinships:D

Defense does win championships, but you need some kind of offense also. Take Baltimore, for example.

RhodyPatsFan on 08-29-2007 at 01:19 PM said:
Defense does win championships, but you need some kind of offense also. Take Baltimore, for example.

Well im looking forward to D22's Response....They will be fighting it out with the bills for bottom spot this year...So they have like booker and ginn as there Top 2 WR'S?

Man that is a scary thought....Ginn and Booker could really burn the pats when they play them:D

O To be a dolphin:D

P4E on 08-29-2007 at 08:25 AM said:
Well im looking forward to D22's Response....They will be fighting it out with the bills for bottom spot this year...So they have like booker and ginn as there Top 2 WR'S?

Man that is a scary thought....Ginna and Booker could really burn the pats when we play them:D

O To be a dolphin:D

I can't see Ginn being that good in his first year that the Phins would jettison Chambers.

Ginn is a slot recevier, he will never ever be a Number 1/2 receiver...why would a team trade a guy like chambers when they are short of top class wideout's?...maybe they see something in Ginn that we dont...

If you don't think for 1 minute every single Patriot player other than maybe Tom Brady isn't up for a trade on the block from the beginning of the season right up until the treade deadline...then you my friend truly don't know squat about professional sports.

Do you think for 1 minute if Baltimopre offered Ray Lewis for Bruiski, Vreabal , Colvert & seau as an extra ... Bellicheck & Kraft wouldn't be able to pack there bags fast enough & kick there lame asses out the door...

Think again !!!!

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/218923.html

Yeah, who knows, he may not even be able to play the entire season.
From the same article from D-schmuck:
"But last year, although in a different offensive system, he finished with 677 yards on 59 catches.

He also recently pleaded not guilty to charges of driving while impaired, but his case has yet to be decided. Should he face legal sanctions, Chambers could also potentially face discipline from the NFL. The open-ended situation is also a detractor for other teams."

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 09:42 AM said:
If you don't think for 1 minute every single Patriot player other than maybe Tom Brady isn't up for a trade on the block from the beginning of the season right up until the treade deadline...then you my friend truly don't know squat about professional sports.

Do you think for 1 minute if Baltimopre offered Ray Lewis for Bruiski, Vreabal , Colvert & seau as an extra ... Bellicheck & Kraft wouldn't be able to pack there bags fast enough & kick there lame asses out the door...

Think again !!!!

Hey, I was only bringing this up because it was reported.

RhodyPatsFan on 08-29-2007 at 08:28 AM said:
I can't see Ginn being that good in his first year that the Phins would jettison Chambers.

I can't see Maroney either being good this year with his great performance's last year against the good teams..Funny hah!!!This should piss you make believers off thinking he's somthing special in your little make believe worlds..have a laugh on me..

Den - 12 - 18 - 1.5
Mia - 18 - 38 - 2.1
Chic - 13 - 33 - 2.5
NYJ -- 18 - 69 - 3.8
SD --- 5 - 0.5- 1.0
IND-----8- 1.3 - 1.6

Maroney...average of 2.08 yards a carry...Pathetic!!!!! what did you guys call him ??? was he Lightning...or Thunder ??? LMFAO!

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 09:59 AM said:
I can't see Maroney either being good this year with his great performance's last year against the good teams..Funny hah!!!This should piss you make believers off thinking he's somthing special in your little make believe worlds..have a laugh on me..

Den - 12 - 18 - 1.5
Mia - 18 - 38 - 2.1
Chic - 13 - 33 - 2.5
NYJ -- 18 - 69 - 3.8
SD --- 5 - 0.5- 1.0
IND-----8- 1.3 - 1.6

Maroney...average of 2.08 yards a carry...Pathetic!!!!! what did you guys call him ??? was he Lightning...or Thunder ??? LMFAO!

And this is why you are an ASSCLOWN. I was just trying to make an observation on an article and you've completed turned the conversation around.

RhodyPatsFan on 08-29-2007 at 09:52 AM said:
Hey, I was only bringing this up because it was reported.

Id be pissed if they got rid of him..I consider Chambers as good as T.O. seriously he has the speed, hands, hieght, reach and toughness

RhodyPatsFan on 08-29-2007 at 10:01 AM said:
And this is why you are an ASSCLOWN. I was just trying to make an observation on an article and you've completed turned the conversation around.

You may not be the right guy I should have hopped on,,,but read all the posts... and what I posted is true..the very few players like Brady's are secure in there jobs right till trading deadline

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 10:07 AM said:
the very few players like Brady's are secure in there jobs right till trading deadline

I don't doubt that at all, I only brought up Chambers, because it was reported, which would lead me to believe there may be something to it. Let me ask you, do you feel comfortable with Miami's receiving corp without him? He has always been a steady receiver and more or less the Phins go-to-guy.

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 09:42 AM said:

Think again !!!!

What the hell are you talking about? you talk like there are NFL trades everyday and that they are common in the NFL...well the fact is, they aren't...so when someone reports a team is trying to trade a player, its pretty big news...this isnt the MLB where anyone can be traded at anytime...you're just trying to convince yourself that Chambers won't be traded and hiding your fearfulness by saying "oh the pats would trade blah blah blah blah"

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 10:07 AM said:
You may not be the right guy I should have hopped on,,,but read all the posts... and what I posted is true..the very few players like Brady's are secure in there jobs right till trading deadline

Yeah, you see lots of trades in the NFL involving guys with big cap numbers:shake:

How many deals do you see at the trading dealine???

P4E on 08-29-2007 at 08:37 AM said:
Ginn is a slot recevier, he will never ever be a Number 1/2 receiver...why would a team trade a guy like chambers when they are short of top class wideout's?...maybe they see something in Ginn that we dont...

Ginn looked great this past pre-season game & so did Beck our # 1 & 2 picks...I actually can see why they liked Ginn and definatly Beck ...165 yds 2 TD's & no INts... or fumbles against T-Bay

You do remember how Tommy terrific did against them with 3 turnovers a week orevu=ious ...or was that all washed away from the Panthers game ..

Therick67 on 08-29-2007 at 10:17 AM said:
Yeah, you see lots of trades in the NFL involving guys with big cap numbers:shake:

How many deals do you see at the trading dealine???

The NFL doesn't have alot of movement during the season ever... but still no ones job is secure & if an offer worth considereing was laid on the table...it will be considered

Bro i said beck should be the starter in miami....ginn is gonna have to do his talking on the field this season...me, i think you shoulda kept chambers. and had chambers and booker as your No 1/2 Receveirs...ginn then would of sloted in nice as your slot option...this trade doesn't make any sense bro does it???

Dolphin22 on 08-29-2007 at 10:20 AM said:
The NFL doesn't have alot of movement during the season ever... but still no ones job is secure & if an offer worth considereing was laid on the table...it will be considered

trades rarely happen, guys get cut/released...

Jobs arent secure because most of the contract isn't guaranteed..

Back