Champions League Final: Chelsea FC @ FC Bayern Munich.

Major A$$hole*

Get well soon Babalu!
Reaction score
Can't wait. Hopefully this one goes better for Bayern (playing in their home stadium) that the one 2 years ago at the Bernabeu.
Does anyone know if Fox Network will have the game live or if they are going to have it on the FoxSoccerChannelBullShit :suicide:. The one 2 years ago was on Fox Network.

I think it's only on FoxSoccer, with a livestream subscription available online.

So much for having an el clasico final, if Chelsea win this it would be the most unlikeliest win in recent memory and they would definitely be the weakest team to win in the past little while.

Chelsea winning would be a disgrace.

Pretty sure Gomes is too strong up front for Chelsea's weakened center d, though. And I also think Ribery is going to run Boswinga around in circles.

Go Bayern!

Chelsea winning would be a disgrace.

Pretty sure Gomes is too strong up front for Chelsea's weakened center d, though. And I also think Ribery is going to run Boswinga around in circles.

Go Bayern!
Gomez wastes way too many chances. He reminds me of Alen Boksic. I watched the DFB cup final yesterday and Bayern got their asses handed to them by Borusia. I don't know if they got caught looking ahead to the CL final but they all looked like shit. I think Borusia is inside their head. I know Chel$ky did the same last week against Liverpool but that game was meaningless. They beat Liverpool in the game that counted.
I think winning the CL final would be a big boos for the German NT going into Euro 2012. They have been knocking on the door for a few years but just can't get over the hump. They don't know how to win the big game.
The nucleus of the NT is made of Bayern players.

I think winning the CL final would be a big boos for the German NT going into Euro 2012. They have been knocking on the door for a few years but just can't get over the hump. They don't know how to win the big game.

Germany came damn close in Euro 2008 with a fairly old side and their young side did fantastically well in the 2010 World Cup to finish 3rd after losing to a Spanish team filled with talent and experience. That was a team that also managed to hammer both England and Argentina in consecutive rounds.

Spain are probably once again favourites, but Germany are dark horses for Euro 2012.

#TeamBayern

That was my squad since I randomly attended a game at Olympic Stadium in Munich in 1998. So yeah, I don't really know dick about it, but go Bayern.

Also, the Man City match today was freaking amazing.

Yeah, solid finish to the premier league season.

Also, Gomez might waste too many chances, but with Ivanovic and Terry out, he'll still overpower the Chelsea central d.

#TeamBayern

That was my squad since I randomly attended a game at Olympic Stadium in Munich in 1998. So yeah, I don't really know dick about it, but go Bayern.

Also, the Man City match today was freaking amazing.
LOL. I'm a Germany (NT) fan in general (since 1986 WC final vs Argentina). So I mostly root for all german clubs, but Bayern is the one I follow the most (usually they provide the nucleus ot the NT).

LOL. I'm a Germany (NT) fan in general (since 1986 WC final vs Argentina). So I mostly root for all german clubs, but Bayern is the one I follow the most (usually they provide the nucleus ot the NT).

I pull for Deutschland (obviously not over US) as well. Have a couple of titties DFB kits. 98 World Cup and 12 Euro.

Also, Gomez might waste too many chances, but with Ivanovic and Terry out, he'll still overpower the Chelsea central d.

Gomez wasting to many chances (which he definitely does) is one issue for Bayern. The other, far bigger issue is the Bayern D. Without Badstuber they're toast.
van Buyten might be available since he played 60 Minutes for the reserves last week, which would free up Tymoshchuk to play in midfield where he's desperatly needed with Gustavo suspended. Contento should get the start at left back in place of Alaba which projects to be another major weakness for Bayern, as Contento has speed and not much else.

Gomez wasting to many chances (which he definitely does) is one issue for Bayern. The other, far bigger issue is the Bayern D. Without Badstuber they're toast.
van Buyten might be available since he played 60 Minutes for the reserves last week, which would free up Tymoshchuk to play in midfield where he's desperatly needed with Gustavo suspended. Contento should get the start at left back in place of Alaba which projects to be another major weakness for Bayern, as Contento has speed and not much else.
They will have better depth at CB next year (on paper at least with Dante coming in and everyone else returning) but I think they still need another good FB to back up Alaba and Lahm. I guess Boateng could fill in at FB since he has spent most of this career prior to this year there. With Shaqiri (Albanian nationality. As if I needed another reason to root for Bayern) coming next year they have good depth for when Roben takes his required weeks off with injuries. I hope they sign Giroud to push Gomez a bit.
Any idea on how Emre Can has been developing? I watched him during the U-17 WC last year and he looked damn impresive both technically and physically. I was hoping he could be with the big boys next year backing up Schweinsteiger and Gustavo. Samed Yesil of Leverkusen looked really good at the WC too.
24 more hours. P4E

They will have better depth at CB next year (on paper at least with Dante coming in and everyone else returning) but I think they still need another good FB to back up Alaba and Lahm. I guess Boateng could fill in at FB since he has spent most of this career prior to this year there. With Shaqiri (Albanian nationality. As if I needed another reason to root for Bayern) coming next year they have good depth for when Roben takes his required weeks off with injuries. I hope they sign Giroud to push Gomez a bit.

With Dante and Shaqiri they filled two of the bigger holes on the team as the starting lineup looks good as it is but there's virtually no depth there right now. They also added Tom Starke from Hoffenheim to back up Neuer. I really like Nerlinger's work so far, including some big changes to the youth program.
Another FB is obviously necessary as Rafinha and Contento are not the answer (unless you ask who should not be on the team). A striker who could challenge Gomez (and maybe offer a different skill set) seems to be high on the shopping list as almost every striker who could be available has been linked with Bayern in recent weeks.

Any idea on how Emre Can has been developing? I watched him during the U-17 WC last year and he looked damn impresive both technically and physically. I was hoping he could be with the big boys next year backing up Schweinsteiger and Gustavo.

Can missed a lot of time this year (due to the WC, an illness and an injury) so he played only in a dozen or so games for the reserves and he didn't stand out much, but he got a new contract and will be on the roster next year. Might get a few minutes here and there but I don't think he's ready for more.

What do you think of the NTs defense? It seems that could be their Achiles heel again. Do you think Howedes and Hummels should be the starting CBs or do you think they should go with BoatStuber? They have more experience playing together than the H's. Also who is going to play FB across from Lahm. Its weird to talk about German NT defensive problems. It seems like they have always had good Defenses. When Italy starts having trouble defending, I will know that the end is nigh!

What do you think of the NTs defense? It seems that could be their Achiles heel again. Do you think Howedes and Hummels should be the starting CBs or do you think they should go with BoatStuber? They have more experience playing together than the H's. Also who is going to play FB across from Lahm. Its weird to talk about German NT defensive problems. It seems like they have always had good Defenses. When Italy starts having trouble defending, I will know that the end is nigh!

The 2nd FB will be this teams biggest weakness. Has been for years now. Badstuber has to start at CB, right now I'm leaning towards Hummels for the other spot. Boateng or Höwedes could then play FB, or Schmelzer of course.

The 2nd FB will be this teams biggest weakness. Has been for years now. Badstuber has to start at CB, right now I'm leaning towards Hummels for the other spot. Boateng or Höwedes could then play FB, or Schmelzer of course.
Who are the wingers going to be? Muller and Podolski again or did Muller play himslef out of the starting rlineup during this season with Bayern? Goetze is coming off an injury or I would say he would definately be one of the starters.
Does Reus see the filed as a winger or more of a center forward? Jogi has some tough decisions to make. Not a bad situatuion to be in.
I'd say the locks for a starting spot would be Neuer, Lahm, Shweinsteiger, Khedira and Ozil. Gomez is almost a lock also but the amount of chances he wastes drives me insane. I think Jogi will give him the nod though. That 5 jobs up for the taking.

Who are the wingers going to be? Muller and Podolski again or did Muller play himslef out of the starting rlineup during this season with Bayern? Goetze is coming off an injury or I would say he would definately be one of the starters.
Does Reus see the filed as a winger or more of a center forward? Jogi has some tough decisions to make. Not a bad situatuion to be in.

I'd go with Müller and Podolski for now. Don't forget Müller had 10 goals and 20 assists in a season that's considered below average for him.
Reus looks like the perfect change-of-pace guy whom you sub in late in games.

I'd say the locks for a starting spot would be Neuer, Lahm, Shweinsteiger, Khedira and Ozil. Gomez is almost a lock also but the amount of chances he wastes drives me insane. I think Jogi will give him the nod though. That 5 jobs up for the taking.

Badstuber is a lock to me as well.

Back