Chandler Jones and Sealver Siliga Participate in Walkthrough

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
Be nice if we could get Jones back before the Playoffs. (If we're fortunate enough to make it, Karma gods)

http://nesn.com/2014/11/patriots-practice-report-chandler-jones-sealver-siliga-participate/

The defensive end participated in Wednesday’s walk-through in the Dana-Farber Field House. Jones hasn’t practiced since injuring his hip against the New York Jets on Oct. 16. He had 4.5 sacks before suffering the injury. Defensive tackle Sealver Siliga, who remains on injured reserve with a designation to return, also was present for the walk-through. Siliga injured his foot against the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 21. He practiced last Wednesday but wasn’t present for Thursday or Friday’s sessions.

I thought that was later deemed inaccurate on Siligas part, in that what was first reported as practicing was later retracted as only taking part in the walk thru.

Something about prematurely starting the activation clock.

I thought that was later deemed inaccurate on Siligas part, in that what was first reported as practicing was later retracted as only taking part in the walk thru.

Something about prematurely starting the activation clock.

You're correct. Walk thrus don't count as an official practice so Siliga can participate in WTs w/out being activated.

The last sentence in the paragraph quoted says he practiced.

Not your error, but an error nonetheless.

Walk thru does not equal practice.

It will be interesting to see if Jones (and/or Siliga) travel with the team to GB (enroute to SD).

I hope there not trying to rush Jones back. They made that mistake with gronk. He re broke his forearm . Keep him out until the final game. Just to knock off some of the rust.

Did the team ever "officially" say what was wrong with Jones' hip? Labrum tear?

I just hope it's not a serious hip injury. Bo jackson & Rosie Colvin were never the same after there injury.

It will be interesting to see if Jones (and/or Siliga) travel with the team to GB (enroute to SD).

Siliga participated in a full practice today. His 21 days starts today.

I just hope it's not a serious hip injury. Bo jackson & Rosie Colvin were never the same after there injury.

Iirc both those guys broke the ball of the him or the socket it resides in. Blood flow is impaired and it almost always results in hip replacement I think.

I don't think Chandler suffered the same debilitation. Soft tissue only I think.

Back