Chiefs vs Dolphins will be on Directv

It's wrong.

There is NO TELEVISION WHATSOEVER for tonight's game outside the Miami and KC markets. The NFL has said so. The NFL Network will be showing a delayed broadcast on Sunday, but other than that, there's nothing. Sunday Ticket will be no help.

JPK

A funny transcript from a Chiefsplanet member talking with DirecTV:

Called Direct TV...maneuvered through the myriad of button prompts to get to a live person named Ellie...asked if the Chiefs-Dolphins game that was scheduled for Sunday would be broadcast on Direct TV tomorrow night since I bought the Sunday Ticket package.

Direct TV: Sir, is this a college game?

Me: No, it's an NFL game...they moved it because of the hurricane that's going to hit Florida this weekend...

Direct TV: Let me put you on hold...

Direct TV: Sir, is this a game that was played last Sunday or is this a game that's being played this Sunday?

Me: It was supposed to be played this Sunday, but because of the hurricane they moved the game up to Friday night.

Direct TV: Ok, sir...let me put you on hold again while I get an answer...

[muzak]

Direct TV: Sir, we're not showing any updates in our system. The game will be played on Sunday afternoon...

Me: No it won't.

Direct TV: According to our system it will be played Sunday afternoon...

Me: And according to the NFL it's going to be played tomorrow evening. I want to know if you're going to show it or not.

Direct TV: So you're saying that they've moved it?

Me: For the tenth time I think.

Direct TV: Ok, sir, let me check with my supervisor...this could take a few minutes. Please hold...

[muzak]

Direct TV: Sir, we have no record that the game has been moved. But be assured that since you are not in the blackout area the game will be visible at the schedule time on Sunday...

Me: But the game will be over Friday night. It doesn't do me any good to see the game Sunday afternoon.

Direct TV: If the game is moved you'll be able to see it on channel 706.

Me: Are you sure?

Direct TV: Yes sir. The Sunday Ticket shows all of the games and if they move it you will still be able to watch it.

Me: Are you positive?

Direct TV: Yes sir. You get to see all the games that aren't blacked out in your area. We've never not shown a game just because it was moved...

Me: Yes you have.

Direct TV: No, sir, you're mistaken, with Sunday...

Me: You moved a game last year and you showed it delayed.

Direct TV: Really? Let me put you on hold one more time.

[muzak]

Direct TV: My supervisor tells me that if the game is moved you'll be able to watch it live on channel 706.

Me: Ok, because last year when I missed a game you guys gave me a credit.

Direct TV: Would you rather have a credit?

Me: No. I want to watch the game.

Direct TV: Well, you'll be able to...

Me: But I want to watch it live or I want a refund.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if the game is not broadcast on Sunday you'll get a refund...

Me: No, no, no. I want to watch it live. It doesn't do me any good to see it after they've played.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if you don't get to see it live tomorrow night we'll give you a credit.

-------------------------

Someone else posted this:

It's not their fault.

It's the NFL with whom we should have the issue.

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons (which means Friday night and Saturday)," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said

That dialogue with the Directv rep was hilarious. But I would have been pissed if that was me on the other end of the phone.

With as much money as people are paying Directv for NFL Ticket, you would think they would do a better job of communicating the situation to their phone reps so they know how to respond to such requests.

Who cares about this game? All the matters in the NFL right now are the UNDEFEATED, 6-0, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

Colts Assclown said:
Who cares about this game? All the matters in the NFL right now are the UNDEFEATED, 6-0, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!!!!!!!!!
Please ban this asshole fuck. Get a different fucking user name or get the fuck out.

ME: Whos on first?

Directv: Yes

ME: Yes what?

Directv: Whos on first.

ME: Thats what i'm asking you.

Directv: Who

Me: Who?

Directv: right who

Must be direct Tv took the Abbot and Costello course in creative customer service.

Maybe is it just me or does anyone else feel like shoving the phone up the ass of the first real person to answer the phone after playing their ten minute touch tone menu game?

You think this is bad try being a Sox fan in Nevada with MLB all access or whatever. I guess every freakin California team claims Nevada as their home territory. So whenever the Sox go to California I get blacked out. What's worse is Fox running the west coast game on Saturday game of the week. Twice last year they put on some lame shit like Padres-Giants instead of Red Sox-Yankees out here. :banghead:

Back