Cincinnati at New England - Official Game Thread

Has Thornton caught a deep bomb this year yet?
He had the opportunity late against the Bengals but didn't adjust to it very well.

How quickly some have turned.

After 20 years of brilliance suddenly BB is too dumb to know what is wrong with this team.
After a year of breaking rookie records, now in year 2 Mac suddenly isn't the guy.

This year hasn't gone as planned but I don't believe either of those 2 thoughts are true.
So I won't be taking part in any Mac or BB bashing.

Last edited:

After 20 years of brilliance suddenly BB is too dumb to know what is wrong with this team.
After a year of breaking rookie records, now in year 2 Mac suddenly isn't the guy.

This year hasn't gone as planned but I don't believe either of those 2 thoughts are true.
100% agree. BB is the greatest HC in any sport I have witnessed.

Does anything change for you if he brings back this entire staff? See, because of my respect for BB it is almost impossible for me to believe he would do that so I easily dismiss it. But indulge me...

What if he did?

100% agree. BB is the greatest HC in any sport I have witnessed.

Does anything change for you if he brings back this entire staff? See, because of my respect for BB it is almost impossible for me to believe he would do that so I easily dismiss it. But indulge me...

What if he did?

He'll have some 'splaining to do if that happens and the team continues to perform poorly. Too soon to speculate

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be criticized or called out for the teams failures. Should be held accountable for team’s performance. The mess with Offensive coaching is completely BB Fault. IMO has been a factor in Jones regression this season .

Last edited:
He'll have some 'splaining to do if that happens and the team continues to perform poorly. Too soon to speculate
I didn't ask you to predict what BB will due. That would be speculation.

In the scenario where he brings this staff back, will you not question him? I love the HC and I sure as heck would.

I don't think that scenario will play out.

Too bad Mac didn't do this on Chandler... :coffee:

That's it, too. He got criticism for that so he went for a block in the next game to prove himself and people call it dirty.
Kid can't win. Pretty soon he'll begin to think he's being run out of town.

BB is the major reason why the Pats have 6 rings. The Kraft family should NEVER fire BB. Let him retire after he gets the all time record. If the Kraft family is pissed about this year, they should firmly coax BB into modernizing their team. Tell BB to boot Patricia. Move Judge back to ST. Hire a legit OC, OL coach, QB coach. Possibly get Hoyer for the QB coach.

Mac has definitely regressed. Even beyond blaming Patricia for everything, Mac looks very immature for someone who is supposed to be so smart and cerebral. His head isn't in a good place. He might really need a shrink or, Iowaska ;) ...there's something wrong with him. It would be dumb to just dump him so soon, but, they have to draft or sign a legit vet to challenge him next year. And most importantly, fix what is wrong with him. He can't seem to make clutch plays at all...

BB is the major reason why the Pats have 6 rings. The Kraft family should NEVER fire BB. Let him retire after he gets the all time record. If the Kraft family is pissed about this year, they should firmly coax BB into modernizing their team. Tell BB to boot Patricia. Move Judge back to ST. Hire a legit OC, OL coach, QB coach. Possibly get Hoyer for the QB coach.

Mac has definitely regressed. Even beyond blaming Patricia for everything, Mac looks very immature for someone who is supposed to be so smart and cerebral. His head isn't in a good place. He might really need a shrink or, Iowaska ;) ...there's something wrong with him. It would be dumb to just dump him so soon, but, they have to draft or sign a legit vet to challenge him next year. And most importantly, fix what is wrong with him. He can't seem to make clutch plays at all...

Some of that is fine but then you go into "I'm smarter than BB and Kraft" mode.

Does anyone here actually think you are smarter at football than Bill Belichick?

I choose to trust in BB until he proves he can't be trusted anymore.
If we see the issues, don't we think BB sees them, too?

Some of that is fine but then you go into "I'm smarter than BB and Kraft" mode.

Does anyone here actually think you are smarter at football than Bill Belichick?

I choose to trust in BB until he proves he can't be trusted anymore.
If we see the issues, don't we think BB sees them, too?
I know better than to hire Patricia to coach anything... :coffee:

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be criticized or called out for the teams failures. Should be held accountable for team’s performance. The mess with Offensive coaching is completely BB Fault. IMO has been a factor in Jones regression this season .
Criticism is fine as long as it's not taken too far, ie. BB should be fired.

I think we know what is the issues are with the offense this year. After BB fixes the first 8 or 9 issues he can address your concerns with Mac.

Which will no longer exist, by the way.

Back