Coaching not in Brady's future

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...fter-he-retires-evidently-not-coach-football/

“Coaching wouldn’t be for me. No, certainly not,” Brady said. “I like playing. I wouldn’t be a good coach. I don’t have the patience to be a coach.”

“I think those are a product of those guys working as hard as they did and committing so much of their life to what their love was,” Brady said. “This is my love, too, and I’ve just been so fortunate to have so many people work with me over the years to help get me to this point in my career; coaches, just everyone part of this organization, people in my life that have supported me and helped me really allow me to do the thing that I love to do. It takes a lot of love and support. It takes a lot of friendships. It takes a lot of coaches and players that commit themselves to accomplishing long-term goals in this league for individuals.

“I’ve been playing for, I’m in my 17th year, and I’ve had so many people do that. I feel like I’m just the luckiest guy in the world.”

Brady was asked how long he could keep playing for, especially with how well he’s played so far this season, but the quarterback didn’t put an exact number to it.

“I’m having a lot of fun right now so it’s been nice just coming back and being a part of our team winning and it’s fun, so I don’t know why anyone would not choose to continue to do that if they had the opportunity,” Brady said. “Hopefully I can keep doing it. I try to take good care of myself. It’s a very challenging sport and it’s a very physical sport. That’s what I commit my life to so hopefully I can keep it going.”

What does he know about football anyway? :coffee:

Not many all time greats have the patience.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...fter-he-retires-evidently-not-coach-football/

“Coaching wouldn’t be for me. No, certainly not,” Brady said. “I like playing. I wouldn’t be a good coach. I don’t have the patience to be a coach.”

“I think those are a product of those guys working as hard as they did and committing so much of their life to what their love was,” Brady said. “This is my love, too, and I’ve just been so fortunate to have so many people work with me over the years to help get me to this point in my career; coaches, just everyone part of this organization, people in my life that have supported me and helped me really allow me to do the thing that I love to do. It takes a lot of love and support. It takes a lot of friendships. It takes a lot of coaches and players that commit themselves to accomplishing long-term goals in this league for individuals.

“I’ve been playing for, I’m in my 17th year, and I’ve had so many people do that. I feel like I’m just the luckiest guy in the world.”

Brady was asked how long he could keep playing for, especially with how well he’s played so far this season, but the quarterback didn’t put an exact number to it.

“I’m having a lot of fun right now so it’s been nice just coming back and being a part of our team winning and it’s fun, so I don’t know why anyone would not choose to continue to do that if they had the opportunity,” Brady said. “Hopefully I can keep doing it. I try to take good care of myself. It’s a very challenging sport and it’s a very physical sport. That’s what I commit my life to so hopefully I can keep it going.”

interesting turn of phrase by brady and a remarkable similarity in careers...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nNLKPaThYkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike Munchak was a HOF guard. Not an all-time great, but great. Had two year HC gig w/ Titans and is still Steelers Oline coach. Probably more, but I can't think of any other current HOFers trying to coach.

Cheers

Mike Munchak was a HOF guard. Not an all-time great, but great. Had two year HC gig w/ Titans and is still Steelers Oline coach. Probably more, but I can't think of any other current HOFers trying to coach.

Cheers

Dick LeBeau and Russ Grimm are currently coaches with the Titans.

Dick LeBeau and Russ Grimm are currently coaches with the Titans.

Ah forgot Russ, and mistakenly wrote off LeBeau as retired ala Scar. Forgot he moved on.

Thanks.

Back