Conditioning Test

duckstruck

Reaction score
Most years there seems to be one or two who don't pass it right away.

Any predictions who won't this year?

I know that there are different tests for different positions. Can anyone give some insight as to what they are?

<s>@</s>RossTuckerNFL: Most guys pass conditioning test 2nd time because it's rigged. Slow clock. Point's been made, get 'em on field.

I was hearing from different teams what they do, and some of those damn things made me winded even thinking about it....I think Tampa does one where they do like 16 100 yard runs that are timed. Ross Tucker said the hardest ones are the short ones but you have to do a lot of them, rather than say 4 longer runs that are timed. Its the turn around you have to do that builds of the lactic acid and makes your legs give out.

<s>@</s>RossTuckerNFL: Most guys pass conditioning test 2nd time because it's rigged. Slow clock. Point's been made, get 'em on field.

I recall one Pats player saying some years ago, that it was as much, if not more, a test of the person's commitment to the team as an actual physical test.

IIRC, he said that every player knew what they would have to do and if they practiced it in June and July, then they shouldn't have a problem executing it at camp.

Thus those who failed indicated that they hadn't practiced it (Of course this wouldn't apply to someone coming off an injury).

Back